Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

how many games or seasons would you qualify as testing ?

Is it possible to use a deep defensive line and be attacking at the same time

i want to re-create italys 3-5-2 they are playing at the euro's i just wonderd how you would get the 2 wide players mr/ml to track back effectively ? what would you suggest and also how can i get the 3 cb's not to stand with each other ? any help would be amazing mate as i want to try and get it to work in england

i want to re-create italys 3-5-2 they are playing at the euro's i just wonderd how you would get the 2 wide players mr/ml to track back effectively ? what would you suggest and also how can i get the 3 cb's not to stand with each other ? any help would be amazing mate as i want to try and get it to work in england

1) man mark/tight marking/high closing down/even individual man marking settings per game
2) risky but move into channels could work!

I would not really be recreating Italy this year mate, they are playing like **** :)

yes after watching there 2nd half against the croats i think your right thank you for the advice i will give it a whirl and sweaqr at the comp like mad

Hey Raikan I just got my *** handed to me by Man City.

1st CL knock-out round away game. They played a very fast, narrow 4231, focus through the middle.

I used Swoop but I was blown away, any advice on how to counter this tactic?

Cheers!

Hey Raikan.

Could you help me with teams instructions and roles for man utd (default squad + kagawa)

not sure if i want to go 4222 or 4231...what do you think?

Hey Raikan, perhaps you can help me.

What I'm trying to create is a tactic which combines, what I feel, is the three most important aspects of football.

--Clinical finishing; Now I don't mean every shot on target = goal, because that would be ridiculous and almost impossible. However, I do mean having the forwards to time their runs nicely for on coming through balls which would give them the chance to make that conversion.
--Solid defensive work; Again, I don't mean no goals conceded, I just mean enough of a defensive line to minimize goals conceded.
--Passing; Simple to explain, just being able to connect passes well.

I've tried to emulate this with 3 different teams [Ukraine, Cyprus, Daegu] and the results varied.

With Ukraine, I was able to build a very solid back 4, which was solid enough to stop teams from scoring too much, however, we could never score whatsoever. [Formation used was 4-2-3-1]
With Cyprus, nothing. Nothing went to plan and everything was like one giant clusterfuck, for lack of a better expression. [Formation used was 4-2-3-1 Deep]
With Daegu, for a while, anyway, we could score. We had players getting into the correct positions and taking their chances. That faded once the season started. Even so, we could not defend to save ourselves, causing matches that we should win rather easily to turn into a match where one goal could make the difference. I.E; A lowly Chinese team where we should win 4-0 and we JUST win 4-3. [Formation used here was 4-3-2-1]

Each time, I played everyone in a position where they were, at least, accomplished [other than Daegu who had no ML or MR players]. I can do it in the modern tactic creator using a 4-1-2-2-1 Fluid/Overload system, but I'd rather do this using the classic creator.

TL;DR - Help, my tactics don't work. Wat do?

Hi guys

What would be the best roles and duties for players in a 3-1-2-3-1 formation?

Thinking of trying it with Swansea. Thanks

hi all- just started a man utd save (love raikan's guide to them btw) + have come up with an idea for a tactic, wondered if anyone has used any similar ones/had advice on tactics with united that work:

in defence, my idea is to give evra the license to get forward and support the attack- hes got good techical qualities, so ive got him as wingback- support (but in the left-back position). then chris smalling can play very defensively as fullback- defend, so that he can convert the defence into 3 centre-backs when we have the ball + evra goes forward. ino vidic is awesome as a stopper so ill have him like that and whoever partners him in a cover role.

because we dont have a definate defensive midfielder, ive thought of having michael carrick as a deep-lying playmaker with a defend duty- hes a gud passer- and anderson as a central midfielder- support, so they can keep the shape of the team together and avoid there being gaps in the midfield. my plan is to have valencia as an attacking right-winger, and nani as an inside forward on the left who can try to drift inside the box unnoticed and score a few at the back post from valencia's byline crosses. nani cutting inside will also leave room for evra to overlap put some crosses in from the left to give us some width.

as for attack, i like to play wayne rooney quite deep so that he can link up the play in midfield and use his work rate to be basically wherever we have the ball in the opposition half. hernandez will partner him, i think he will be best used as an advanced forward, though im open to other suggestions. we can use his pace and sharp movement to run onto through balls and score goals- i might use an option for him and rooney to swap positions occassionally for variety.

im thinking of playing with a balanced philosophy, standard strategy with short passing.

cheers:)

Last edited:
Hey Raikan I just got my *** handed to me by Man City.

1st CL knock-out round away game. They played a very fast, narrow 4231, focus through the middle.

I used Swoop but I was blown away, any advice on how to counter this tactic?

Cheers!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...mplete-madness-tactic-433-dm.html#post1523750

try that mate, City are a difficult team, especially at home, either use that or you need to fill up your midfield as well! play a 4-3-1-2 or a 4-1-3-1-1 or something, nice and narrow!

Hey Raikan.

Could you help me with teams instructions and roles for man utd (default squad + kagawa)

not sure if i want to go 4222 or 4231...what do you think?

442 mate, Kagawa retrained to play outwide and rotate with the boys (Nani/Valencia/Young etc)

or 433 with AMC and have Kagawa as the central attacking midfielder :) running with ball often!

Hi Raikan, What would be your best way to create CCC's in a possession tactic ? Im having over 60% possession every game but i cant create over 1 CCC , Advice appreciated !

442 mate, Kagawa retrained to play outwide and rotate with the boys (Nani/Valencia/Young etc)

or 433 with AMC and have Kagawa as the central attacking midfielder :) running with ball often!

Thanks!

I'll go with a 442 as i generally like using 2 strikers.

I would like to go for an attacking strategy with a fluid philosophy, short passing, more creative freedom, more pressing, zonal marking. However, I am unsure with what to do with the roam positions? I would like my wingers to stay out wide but have enough freedom to float in and receive the ball, what do you advise? Also, i cant decide between cut inside and move into channels, could you please explain the specific differences of each setting?

My player roles and duties will probably be as follows:

DE Gea- Goalkeeper-Defend
Jones-Full Back- Support
Ferdinand- Ball Playing Defender-Defend
Vidic-Central Defender- Defend
Evra- Full Back- Support

Nani- Winger-Attack (i usually tweak to cross often, through balls often and long shots rarely ?)
Carrick-Ball Winning Mid-Defend (or should this be support?)
Kagawa- Advanced playmaker - Support
Young- Winger Attack (Again with the cross, through ball and long shots tweak?)

Rooney- DLF- Support or Attack?
Hernandez- Poacher ( Here i usually tweak to through balls often and cross often so he plays one twos with rooney and doesnt try to run on his own all the time?)

What are your views?

Jones-Full Back- Support
Evra- Full Back- Support

(all good) Evra maybe attacking...

Nani- Winger-Attack (i usually tweak to cross often, through balls often and long shots rarely ?)
Carrick-Ball Winning Mid-Defend (or should this be support?) DLP - SUPPORT

Rooney- DLF- Support or Attack? support
Hernandez- Poacher ( Here i usually tweak to through balls often and cross often so he plays one twos with rooney and doesnt try to run on his own all the time?)

3-1-2-2-2

GK
CB CB CB

DM
CM CM

AMR AMR

ST ST

HI Raikan wonder if you could help me please,Im thinking of trying to make a tactic like above but not really sure if it would work or how to go about as im new to this.Would you be able to help as you seem to be the top man thanks

Jones-Full Back- Support
Evra- Full Back- Support

(all good) Evra maybe attacking...

Carrick-Ball Winning Mid-Defend (or should this be support?) DLP - SUPPORT

Rooney- DLF- Support or Attack? support

Thanks mate, any other tweaks or known exploits (other than the corner one) which i can put into my tactic?

Get my full backs to mark tightly? Where should my wingers cross from? Also, i want my wingers to cross from the byline but otherwise come inside and look to play diagonal through balls to the opposite striker or be looking to get slotted in himself in between the cb and fb. What settings does this need?

I'm managing Berwick and we are at the top of the second division in my second season mostly due to me managing to get players with premier potential on frees.

My main problem is my strikers seem to be wasting so many chances, I've been using Jamil Adam as a deep lying forward with attack duty (he's awful with support duty and seems to have no impact) and Darren Gribben as an advanced forward.

Jamil was the 3rd divisions top scorer last season with over 35 goals, this season he's only managed about 8 in 18 games. Darrens managed about 14.

My main problem is the insane amount of shots they get that just miss the goal or hit the bar, neither have any finishing moves and this has only started happening this season. My central defenders seem to be more accurate than my strikers with their finishing.

We generally play at a slow tempo and they tend to get some very good clear cut chances but my strikers seem to screw them up 90% of the time. Jamil managed to score the other day by complete fluke with a (bad) cross yet never manged a single goal in the 10 or so chances he got that match.

In short: Tons of clear cut chances, Strikers with good stats won't score.

Raikan,
Just wondering is there any difference with your download of Pure Perfection CCC and Short & Sweet?
Been trying to tinker with my Liverpool team and need an away game formation!!

Raikan,
Just wondering is there any difference with your download of Pure Perfection CCC and Short & Sweet?
Been trying to tinker with my Liverpool team and need an away game formation!!

yes, chalk and cheese mate :) Short and sweet is pure possession tactics :) CCC is more attacking/running etc :)