Rangers FC- From the eyes of an Unexperienced Manager

Reaction score

1st July 2011

View attachment 233214

Breaking News Coming From Ibrox Stadium

Ally Mccoist steps down

Reports coming from Rangers FC administrators is that talks with Ally McCoist to take a wage cut has broken down and instead McCoist has stepped down as manager following the break down in talks.

View attachment 233215
Bookies are already making David Weir 2/1 favourite as he is rumoured to be looking at making a name for himself. Other candidates for the job are ; Steve Bruce 3/1 , David Unsworth 7/2 and inexperienced Darren Colgrave, the odds on him succeeding McCoist are at 250/1.

Whoever suceeds McCoist will have a challenge on there hands having to work with what they already have or try and pull something out of the bag to bring some new faces in.

View attachment 233216

6th July 2011

Breaking News: The most Inexperienced manager spotted at Ibrox

Reports coming from Ibrox are that inexperienced manager Darren Colgrave has been given the Rangers Job on a 2 year contract but there's no word if he was employed by another team or if he was unemployed.

Press Confrence to follow.

1st Press Confrence.

The Scotland On Sunday:
Today You Mr Colgrave Sit Here as an inexperienced manager at 1 of the top clubs in Scotland how do u feel?

Me:
I'm absloutely delighted to be hired considering the postion the club are in.

Sky Sports News:
Do you feel you have enough to follow in the steps of the club legend Ally McCoist?

Me:
I know many of you here see me as a inexperienced manager taking over such a big club, but i feel as soon as the club gets new owners i can take this club to new heights and be on the same level as Ally one day.

The Daily Record:
What do you make of the players and the facilities at the club?

Me:
I'm delighted with the facilities at the club, I also have huge respect for the players but I know it's going to be hard keeping hold of key players considering the postion the club is in.

TeamTalk.com:
Considering the departure of Ally McCoist and the memebers of staff following him, are you looking at bringing your own members of staff in.

Me:
I'm going to do the best i can with the budget I've been given, but I have a few names in mind to build my own backroom.
Thanks for your time that is all.

Will be intresting to see where this goes. Even if you don't get taken over by a rich man you should be fighting for the SPL next season.

SPL 1st Game

Rangers V Hearts
View attachment 233355

Great start to the season cosidering the postion we are in, I told the team to go out and do the fans proud and proud they did, they put what's happening behind the scenes at the club and proved to the fans nothing will stop us pushing for the title -10 points or not.

UCL 3rd Qualifying Round

Viktor Pizen V Rangers
View attachment 233356

The clubs progressin this compitition is important as it gives us a chance to rake in gate recipets against the big teams depending how far we can get. Once again asking to do it for the traveling fans and couldn't have asked for a better result away.

SPL 2nd Game

St Johnstone V Rangers
View attachment 233362

A nice away win would have liked a few more goals but this was enough to keep us going, The fans got behind us for this game and are showing the players that the true fans are still coming to the games no matter what postion th club is in.

UCL 3rd Qualifying Round 2nd Leg

Rangers V Viktor Pizen
View attachment 233364

Fantastic home win to send us through to the next round with a 7-2 agg score. Some great passing from the team and fantastic football in front of the fans to show why they should keep coming to the games.

Been drawn against Litex in the play off round should easily go through to the next round of the compitition.

No updates about a takeover bid only had the tycoon and a consortium but no more news. Will keep you all posted if any news comes up.

SPL 3rd game

Inverness CT v Rangers
View attachment 233558

Another away win to add to our run. The team has gelled well together considering no funds to strengthen the sqaud need 1 more win then we are out of the negitive points this game left us on -1.

UCL Playoffs

Rangers v Litex
View attachment 233559

Great display from the team to only be let down in the last 20minutes in which we conceded 2 goals to level the game. I have it all to do in the 2nd leg and it's at there place.

Will Rangers be in the Champions League?

SPL 4th game

Motherwell v Rangers
View attachment 233562

I'll give credit to motherwell they really took the game to us and i was surprised we managed to get the win. Motherwell dominated the game from the word go. This game put us on 2 points which lifted us of the bottom and put us in 11th.

Please feel free to leave comments and also say where u think I could improve or give me ideas with what to do. Thanks

UCL Play Off

Litex v Rangers
View attachment 233569

this was an evenly fought game it was the right result for the match but me and the team are slighty upset to crash out on Away goals. But knowing we are going to be in the Europa League makes it slightly better and we hope to progress as far as we can in the Europa League.

SPL 5th Game

Rangers v Aberdeen
View attachment 233570

This was a great result for us to show fans that we aren't to down hearted about not making it to the champions league. Think Aberdeen regret being our next game after being knocked out like we were, we were looking to take our frustrations out and unfortunatly Aberdeen were the team to face it. Also after the long journey midweek I'm surprised we managed to score 5 like we did.

August Overview

Dear Diary,

I don't think I could have asked for a better 1st month in charge of Rangers.
To start things off it was great news to finally have a new chairman in charge of the club, in which he said the support for me to stay in charge was unbelievable which is suprising considering I'm a rookie to this job, I must be doing something right to have the players and staff backing.

I'm also pleased with the teams performance in m 1st month in charge don't think many managers can say they have had a start to there career like I have it's been fantastic, also the new chairman is developing the training and youth facilites which is costing around 9.25m.

To top it all off I get the August Manager of the month award which i am honoured to be given after 1 month and also to be 3 points of 3rd and a game in hand is giving me more hope of challenging for the title this season rather then next.

On the downside the 1 result which felt like a kick in the teeth was the 1-1 away draw at Litex in the CL but I am glad that we still have europen football this season.

Thats it for this month.

Next month I shall have better stuff to talk about including our 1st Scottish league cup match and our 1st europa league match.

Signing off now

Darren

SPL Game 6

Dundee United v Rangers
View attachment 234357

This was a surprise result the fact Dundee United dominated the match, our goal came from our on shot on taget of the match but I was surprised that we drew and didn't loose the match. I'd say the fans were disappointed with this result as much as I was.

Europa League game 1

Rangers v FC Kobenhavn
View attachment 234365

Great win in our 1st europa game looking at my group I feel we could easily qualify if we get the right results and games go our way. This result pleased the fans and gives them the hope of going into our next match with confidence.

Next game is the 1st derby of the season.

SPL Game 7

Rangers v Celtic
View attachment 234483

A mistake from Carlos Bocanegra cost us this game he slipped up which let Anthony Stokes through to score. It was a mistake, but it was a mistake which cost us a game against our rivals. Apart from that it was a closely fought which I thought it wagoing to end in a draw.

Scottish League Cup R3

Dumbarton v Rangers
View attachment 234490

A well dominated game by us following our defeat to Celtic. I would have liked to have won by more but seem to hit the woodwork more then hitting the back of the net maybe have to get a new attacking coach or look for a new striker as I've already got the focus on attacking movement.

SPL Game 8

Dunfermline v Rangers
View attachment 234497

A good even game it was the right result even me as then Rangers manager I couldn't split us and dunfermline apart. Hope to start improving the results if I really want to push for that title and beat Celtic who are still unbeaten in the league

Europa League Game 2

Steaua v Rangers
View attachment 234512

Glad to have got this win considering I wasn't favourites for the game. This makes it 2 out of 2 in the Europa league and makes quailfying seem more reachable even if I get past the group stages I'll be happy considering I've not been able to strengthen the team at all apart from the 1 siginng I made.

September Overview

Dear Diary,

What a month it has been full of ups and a few downs.

The 1 downside this month was our result against Celtic even though it was only 1-0 it was our rivals and also it ended our unbeaten run in the league aswell, hopefully no more slip ups.

On the plus side we kicked off our Europa league and Scottish league cup campaigans off to a flying start won both games in europe and also into the League Cup Quater Finals hoping to retain the League cup to prove to the new board they made the right choice in keeping me on as manager.

On the transfer side I've managed to agree a fee with Barcelona to sign Cristian Tello for 2m but gonna have to wait till January hopefully this will be a great signing for us and a player who has alot to offer in the future.

Goals for the rest of the season is:

1) Win a trophy or 2
2) sign some players in January and stregthen team
3)Go as far as I can in Europe.

That's all for this month.

Darren

SPL Game 9

Rangers v Hibs
View attachment 234570

A scrappy win for us as we had 11 shots and only 1 on target. but a win is a win we had control of the match we were just unlucky not to make more of our chances that we had.

SPL Game 10

Rangers V St. Mirren
View attachment 234551

A great 2nd half performance from us today after a scrappy 1st hal performance. But with enough encouragement at half time we pulled off a win. Another 3 points to help us move up the table to keep pressure on the teams abovbe us.

Done a challegne like this won the double in my first season and was bought by a billonaire haha

Europa League Game 3

Rangers v Malmo FF

View attachment 234604

Cracker of a game completely dominated by us. 1-0 up at half time and I asked them to keep it up and keep it up they did smashing in 4 goals in the 2nd half to make it 5-0 at FT and make it 3 out 3 in europa and top of the league for the group stages at the half way point.

Current Europa League Table:
View attachment 234605

Also after this game i had set a new club record:
View attachment 234606

SPL Game 11

Hearts v Rangers
View attachment 234607

As always as soon as i break some sort of record it always goes out the window next game. But to be honest we wasn't at our best and I had to hand a few fines to let them know they were rubbish hopefully they will pick up there performance next match.