Rangers go into Administration.

Having read this thread through- You come across as a bit of a ***** and a bit of a know it all- just saying :p

Im sure you know everything about Argentinian football, and so can make a comment on someone else's knowledge..hmmmm NO

Instead of insulting why not contribute something constructive? I think you'll find he knows more than you think as I have conversed with him many a time (as have others), and has made many valid points on different threads.

Instead of insulting why not contribute something constructive? I think you'll find he knows more than you think as I have conversed with him many a time (as have others), and has made many valid points on different threads.

All the posters (apart from the celtic fans) seem to be agreed that they need each other and 1 cant survive without the other and if someone disagrees with that opinion they get shot down so theres no point in me getting involved in this any further than telling the guy what i think of him.

Likewise the guy he's insulting- is a good tactic maker, and always seemed nice and polite.

I insulted him because throughout the thread the guys been insulting to others several times- sometimes people need to get it back once in a while considering how much he likes to dish it out. No? He seems like he thinks he knows more than he actually does, I've seen him post elsewhere and he just comes across as agressive to often- I don't like that.

Last edited:
Having read this thread through- You come across as a bit of a ***** and a bit of a know it all- just saying :p

Im sure you know everything about Argentinian football, and so can make a comment on someone else's knowledge...hmmmm- NO

Well, he does live in Argentina, so I'd imagine it's pretty probable that he knows more. And his point was valid, the comparison was a ridiculous attempt to justify his opinion because he has no real arguments against the numerous detailed posts on all facets of the Celtic business model and the impact of losing Rangers would have on their finances.

Well, he does live in Argentina, so I'd imagine it's pretty probable that he knows more. And his point was valid, the comparison was a ridiculous attempt to justify his opinion because he has no real arguments against the numerous detailed posts on all facets of the Celtic business model and the impact of losing Rangers would have on their finances.

He's argentinian? Then surely the celtic fan(s) knows more about the OF than him? No?

I read the post and it was a bit stupid, fair enough and so is half the stuff football fans say all year round- we all do it.

I've read the thread: he and the other celtic fans all seem to be agreed that they're a big enough club to survive without rangers, I'm not sure if thats true... The numerous detailed posts that you speak of are all hypothetical posts: and so therefore don't really matter do they since none of you can know whats going to happen in the future. Not once did I actually see any figures from anyone about celtics finances, apart from the celtic fans quoting their chairman.

He's argentinian? Then surely the celtic fan(s) knows more about the OF than him? No?

I read the post and it was a bit stupid, fair enough and so is half the stuff football fans say all year round- we all do it.

I've read the thread: he and the other celtic fans all seem to be agreed that they're a big enough club to survive without rangers, I'm not sure if thats true... The numerous detailed posts that you speak of are all hypothetical posts: and so therefore don't really matter do they since none of you can know whats going to happen in the future. Not once did I actually see any figures from anyone about celtics finances, apart from the celtic fans quoting their chairman.

Anything that discusses anything related to economics is hypothetical. It's hypothesis based on perfectly valid logical assumptions. If there was lack of belief in our arguments, then those who oppose our opinions should surely be equally able to form logical hypotheses to debate against the points at hand, correct? But in 7 pages, there hasn't even been an attempt at that, and just "you're wrong". Excuse me if I prefer to listen to the opinions of those who can form reasoned arguments to support their opinion. The majority of arguments being made are all based on the fact the resultant situations have been observed in history, and there's no logical reason for this case to disobey this.

And there's probably a lack of figures because this thread has appeared and very similar arguments were made, with figures. I personally did. It's a hassle to go through and find and repeat those sources.

Anything that discusses anything related to economics is hypothetical. It's hypothesis based on perfectly valid logical assumptions. If there was lack of belief in our arguments, then those who oppose our opinions should surely be equally able to form logical hypotheses to debate against the points at hand, correct? But in 7 pages, there hasn't even been an attempt at that, and just "you're wrong". Excuse me if I prefer to listen to the opinions of those who can form reasoned arguments to support their opinion. The majority of arguments being made are all based on the fact the resultant situations have been observed in history, and there's no logical reason for this case to disobey this.

And there's probably a lack of figures because this thread has appeared and very similar arguments were made, with figures. I personally did. It's a hassle to go through and find and repeat those sources.

I've read a few celtic fans comments saying several times that most of their money comes from worldwide shirt sales (I know they have a lot of fans around the world) hence why they keep mentioning the Nike deal, so they're not all talking **** and everyone else speaking complete sense... In Italy based on experiences in the past, the league won't let a big club go under- Milan and Roma have been in huge trouble several times and theres always creative accounting going on- I'd imagine its the same in Scotland. So the hypothetical might not even come into it.

The main thing is your friend comes across as a *****- hence why i posted in the first place.

All this argueing that celtic need rangers is silly
Rangers aren't going to go anywhere, they will be poor but thats it, the spl will not let them fall down the leagues
and celtic dont need them, the spl does, but celtic has a great balance sheet and some good prospects just now

Im sure you know everything about Argentinian football, and so can make a comment on someone else's knowledge...hmmmm- NO

Actually, yes, yes I do. You may think I'm a *****, but it's ignorant comments like yours that **** me off. That said, coming from someone that tries to play paladin of justice and proves himself to be as clueless as the next guy, I'll take it as a compliment.

Actually, yes, yes I do. You may think I'm a *****, but it's ignorant comments like yours that **** me off. That said, coming from someone that tries to play paladin of justice and proves himself to be as clueless as the next guy, I'll take it as a compliment.

Sounds like you have some serious delusions of grandeur my friend.

ST Johnstone owner Geoff Brown yesterday warned the fall-out for Scottish football from the Rangers financial crisis will spell bad news for the whole of Scottish football. The former Perth chairman watched increasingly reckless Ibrox spending under Sir David Murray with growing unease during his years at the helm. Brown – pictured – who bowed out as the country’s longest-serving chairman late last year, pre-dated Murray’s reign and had a box office seat as the Edinburgh businessman ploughed millions into the Glasgow club and sanctioned ever-escalating debt.

Now, with the crippled Glasgow club lurching into administration amidst fears of liquidation, Brown said it wasn’t just Rangers and their fans who should be fearful of what lies ahead.

Every other club in the SPL is anxious about the outcome, he said.

While this week’s day of reckoning didn’t come as a shock to businessman Brown and while Saints, now under the chairmanship of his son Steve, successfully chased down cash owed for Gers ticket sales relating to the January 14 league game at McDiarmid, he’s taking no pleasure in the demise of the Glasgow giants. He said: “It was completely unsustainable and given the scale of the debt surrounding Rangers there was only one way out. “No matter what happens now I don’t envisage a situation where Glasgow Rangers won’t be playing football in some shape or form. As long as Rangers are in the SPL Sky Sports will have their Old Firm games. “But if the television deal was to founder every club in the land would be bust.

“There’s not a shred of doubt about that. It would be the straw which broke the camel’s back.

“Every budget is drawn-up on the strength of that deal and the minimum clubs get is around the £850,000 mark. There is no way that black hole could be filled in the worst case scenario. SPL clubs can’t do without it. I know Celtic have posted a small profit but that was on the strength of a vast turn-over. I don’t know of any others operating at a profit. Taking Rangers out of the equation, we are all battling in the face of a recession that means clubs are toiling to replace income lost from the business and raise the sort of money they could bring in five years ago.

“We are seeing attendances falling off because money is tight so the Rangers crisis was the last thing we needed.

“It’s absolute nonsense to say there would be no Scottish football without Rangers. We spent seven years in the First Division. But it wouldn’t be played at the current level.”

While fearful Ibrox staff were summoned yesterday by administrators weilding the axe, Brown warned that footballers at other clubs should also be worried by the knock-on effects.

St Johnstone duo Murray Davidson and Fran Sandaza dodged a bullet after the Glasgow club failed to strike deals with the Perth club to lure them to Ibrox.

But with more players than ever likely to be scrambling for jobs in the summer, Brown, who saw a string of clubs suffer from spending way beyond their means during his Perth tenure, said the financial realities of football in Scotland were going to bite, and bite hard.

“Players operate on fixed-term contracts and the implications of Rangers’ predicament will be enormous. I suspect its going to drag on and on,” he wagered.

So if you think Celtic doesn't need Rangers...well. I'd rather trust someone who has 30 years business experience. Just sayin'

Aside from my late reply (Was watching my dear Olimpo thrash Belgrano 4-1, wouldn't normally bring that up but considering Argie football was brought into discussion...) and slightly more on topic, we all knew we were talking about an entirely hypothetical situation here. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, the situation was discussed in another thread and we all reached the same conclusion.

That said, I still believe that even if most of the money may come from sources other than TV, and you may be okay for a couple of years, the level of the league would drop to the point where you wouldn't be able to attract players, not to mention it would be the most boring league in the world and in the long term attendances would suffer, sponsors would offer less money, you'd have a hard time getting into Europe, etc. But I guess we'll never know!

Sounds like you have some serious delusions of grandeur my friend.

Yeah, it's either that or the fact that just told someone who lived his whole life in Argentina that he has no clue about football in Argentina.

You know what? I think I'll stick to the latter.

Aside from my late reply (Was watching my dear Olimpo thrash Belgrano 4-1, wouldn't normally bring that up but considering Argie football was brought into discussion...) and slightly more on topic, we all knew we were talking about an entirely hypothetical situation here. As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, the situation was discussed in another thread and we all reached the same conclusion.

That said, I still believe that even if most of the money may come from sources other than TV, and you may be okay for a couple of years, the level of the league would drop to the point where you wouldn't be able to attract players, not to mention it would be the most boring league in the world and in the long term attendances would suffer, sponsors would offer less money, you'd have a hard time getting into Europe, etc. But I guess we'll never know!

Well what we do know is that Hearts are now £500,000 worse off since Rangers went into admin because of last summer’s transfer of Lee Wallace-remaining fee to paid was £800,000. £500,000 this month and £300,000 next month. The ripples are already spreading to other clubs.

The guy who seems to know so much is saying the exact same thing I was earlier "The numerous detailed posts that you speak of are all hypothetical posts: and so therefore don't really matter do they since none of you can know whats going to happen in the future

And thats not what i meant by your delusions of grandeur its more that you slag off everyone else, and act like what your saying is golden- well you've inadvertently added to what i said earlier, and you said i was clueless :) Ha.

FFS give it a rest and stick to the topic

Not like he's involved with Celtic in any way, right?

why would he lie lol

everyone who knows what theyre talking about knows we dont need them. a few spl clubs who rely on gate money might. thats it