Rangers go into Administration.

At your lifetime, that is indeed impressive.

Meh. Normally that would hurt. But at least I've seen my club lift titles and win FA cups and lift a European trophy.
You'll be playing Championship football next season :p

Meh. Normally that would hurt. But at least I've seen my club lift titles and win FA cups and lift a European trophy.
You'll be playing Championship football next season :p

Yeah, but we have more money than the average prostitute, unlike you. I believe I win this particular argument. :p

Yeah, but we have more money than the average prostitute, unlike you. I believe I win this particular argument. :p

We nearly had Man City's current owners in char-ah...... I hate you.

Edit-call it a tie. We proved against City and Chelsea we don't need to spend big. We pile up injuries, wait half a season, get the players back, spend little, then sneak up the table.

Last edited:
how is it a bad thing they only got themselves to blame they paid millions for a training complex and nothing good came from it celtic trained behind a pub got 10million for mcgeady we bring threw youth players all the time n make a profit we dont need rangers to survive we have got enough players coming threw that make us money and a good scouting system we buy quantity and sell when quality HH In Lennon We Trust

Celtic need Rangers as much as this paragraph needs full stops.

Not gonna do much good in the champo next season!

how is it a bad thing they only got themselves to blame they paid millions for a training complex and nothing good came from it celtic trained behind a pub got 10million for mcgeady we bring threw youth players all the time n make a profit we dont need rangers to survive we have got enough players coming threw that make us money and a good scouting system we buy quantity and sell when quality HH In Lennon We Trust

I know I should've embraced Islam when Pienaar joined Everton, but I swear I will this time, if the Celtic fans wake up from their dreams of a great future without Rangers.

who is this the grammer police?

*grammar

need them for what? there scum full of crooks,***** and tax dodgers.

Nice to see you haven't read the thread.

murray park £14million to build n nothing good came from it.
whyte the biggest crook to get of the plain in glasgow £24 million gone missing from may plus £9million in unpaid tax he was brough in to solve the tax and bank debt n he's ******* made it worse, yeez deserve everything coming to u.

I don't even...

thats what you get for your celtic spend £5 we will spend £10 hahahaha.
not got a pot to **** in.

WE'LL BE DOING THE CONGA WHEN RANGERS DIE!!!

i've got my jelly and ice cream in the fridge n freezer just counting down the days

You know it's a party when it has ************* JELLY AND ICE CREAM

how is it not going to work it happened with leeds champions league semi final and the 2nd biggest team in england at the time and a few years later they were in the league 2 and the rest of the teams all benifited from them not being there in 1 way or anothere

Oh please Allah tell me this counts towards virgin allocation in paradise...

who is this the grammer police?need them for what? there scum full of crooks,***** and tax dodgers.murray park £14million to build n nothing good came from it.whyte the biggest crook to get of the plain in glasgow £24 million gone missing from may plus £9million in unpaid tax he was brough in to solve the tax and bank debt n he's ******* made it worse, yeez deserve everything coming to u.thats what you get for your celtic spend £5 we will spend £10 hahahaha.not got a pot to **** in.WE'LL BE DOING THE CONGA WHEN RANGERS DIE!!!i've got my jelly and ice cream in the fridge n freezer just counting down the days
If Rangers go and remove any remnant of competition that was in the Scottish league, then there's no reason for players to move to Scotland. The league quality degrades over time, you argue that the teams beneath will become more competitive - true, but competitive at a lower level than that between Celtic and Rangers. The SPL has even less money to distribute in the form prize winnings, so the smaller teams receive even less to spend in transfers and wages. You don't even have 100% attendances right now, you had 83.3% for your last game, and you've had attendances at 50-60% before in league games. Why bother going when your player quality decreases even more? You can argue from a loyalist fan point that fans will go regardless, but it's not even true now. If TV companies barely see a reason now to invest in Scottish football, there's certainly little benefit without Rangers. You say this is but a pitiful £2m, but why would your worldwide fanbase bother with buying £50 shirts, when they don't even get the TV coverage of you play? Whenever you think of a high reputation league, you think of its successful teams. La Liga you think of Barca, Madrdid, Valencia etc. Serie A has the Milan teams, Juventus. France has Lyon, OM etc. England has United, Liverpool, Arsenal and now City, Chelsea. Every one of these teams is reliant on their counterparts within the league, whether they want to admit it or not. They're the attractions, they bring in the money and the fans. If you to remove all of the best teams from all of these leagues and form a European super league, how do you think their respective domestic leagues would fare? Well? No. All of the money is drawn to the place where the demand is, Scotland already has low demand, the old firm is essentially all it has. A European super league would draw records sponsorships, TV revenues, but domestically while competition between the remaining is higher, attendances would fall and the overall quality falls as the money dries up.
First of all, think of the non playing staff who are facing the prospect of redundancy. This affects livelihoods and nobody 'deserves' that. In fact even the players will have a lot of uncertainty. Unless you are Carlos Tevez and can afford to mess about playing golf, it's a horrible situation. Second – Rangers are hardly the only team in the world to have operated this way. Why do you think UEFA have new regulations for living within your means. Man City hasn’t made a profit in who knows when! Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man Utd are the biggest names in football and each of them have crazy debt! The difference being the clubs assets are far superior to Rangers. They have such large revenues and valuable assets they can get away with it. Rangers have Kirk Broadfoot. Third -The main reason Celtic and Rangers are able to gain lucrative sponsorships are because of the global attraction to old firm derbies. The Sky TV deal might not generate much money on its own but sponsors know that they will have plenty of coverage because the old firm are always on TV. Sky/ESPN has a contract which states the deal is reliant on 4 OF games a season. Remove Rangers and you remove the TV deal, remove that and you will lose sponsors. Not in their entirety of course but it will have an effect on budgets which will affect wages, which will affect the quality of player you can attract.
To break it down simply as to why Rangers going out of business will have serious ramifications for Celtic's finances, most football clubs generate the vast majority of their revenue from three streams: Matchday revenue, commercial revenue and broadcasting revenue.Broadcasting is the obvious one; this is money bought it through TV deals. Currently, the Old Firm derbies are by far and away the biggest draw for TV stations when it comes to fighting for the SPL rights. No Rangers means money bought in through TV rights will certainly drop. Money to be won through cup competitions will also fall as no Rangers again means less money for TV rights.As for revenue for European competition I cannot be certain, but with no Rangers the SPL's presence in European competition is certainly diminished, with Celtic becoming the only Scottish Club with a realistic chance of advancing to the latter stages of European competition. If, as a result of Rangers going out of business, overall progress of SPL teams in Europe is stunted, the SPL's coefficients will fall, potentially meaning that Celtic could face more qualifying rounds to get into the Champions League, thus lessening the possibility of qualifying for the Champions League proper, thus possibly resulting in a loss of European TV revenue and prize money.Matchday revenue: Celtic v Rangers is the biggest match of the season for Celtic, so revenue is instantly lost because of lower attendances due to a lack of Old Firm. Also, courtesy of a much less competitive league attendances would be likely to fall significantly: who is seriously going to pay their hard earned money to watch Celtic spank everyone and have the title won by Christmas? Commercial revenue: Now this is a big one. We have already looked at how Celtic games will be less likely to be shown on major TV stations, so why would shirt manufacturers and sponsors be willing to give Celtic multimillion pound deals when their brands will not even be shown to significant TV audiences as a result. We can also assume that falling attendances will result in less revenue from merchandise. And bear in mind, this is just for Celtic. The rest of the SPL teams who don't have the same kind of fanbase as Celtic and are more reliant on TV rights revenue would probably fare far, far worse.p.s. I'm a Celtic fan.
Educate yourself. If it didn't have such dire consequences for unrelated people, I'd hope Rangers do go down just to see the faces of people like yourself in 10 years when you're more ****** than a blonde on set. Careful what you wish for.

Educate yourself. If it didn't have such dire consequences for unrelated people, I'd hope Rangers do go down just to see the faces of people like yourself in 10 years when you're more ****** than a blonde on set. Careful what you wish for.

your sitting on here giving an opinion and you are entitled to it but the celtic board have came out and said we dont need rankers to survive

your sitting on here giving an opinion and you are entitled to it but the celtic board have came out and said we dont need rankers to survive

And there was me thinking they'd come out and say that Celtic are going to completely die without Rangers. Because they'd definitely say that if it were likely to happen. Yup. Definitely.

And there was me thinking they'd come out and say that Celtic are going to completely die without Rangers. Because they'd definitely say that if it were likely to happen. Yup. Definitely.

I've just read that TV money makes up 3% of Celtic's income. We're doomed.

well we have cleared 2million of our debt in the last. year u seem to have added 9 to yours, you'd think whyte would have learned a lesson considering he bought into a debt riddled club n he makes it worse.
only got yoursleves to blame celtic will never struggle without rangers
and as far as nike and any other sponsors go they buy into celtic merchandise not the playing team aslong as the tops sell thats all that maters
the last i checked celtic have the best home and travelling support in scotland.
they also get picked for testimonials because we take the most amount of fans to any game inverness to manchester we dont care where we go we took more to seville than you took in a 3 hour drive to manchester.
and what was it 17,000 at a home game to dundee united 2 weeks ago some fans u have.
we will sell shirts season tickets regardless of rangers we dont need your 2million sky money

well we have cleared 2million of our debt in the last. year u seem to have added 9 to yours, you'd think whyte would have learned a lesson considering he bought into a debt riddled club n he makes it worse.
only got yoursleves to blame celtic will never struggle without rangers
and as far as nike and any other sponsors go they buy into celtic merchandise not the playing team aslong as the tops sell thats all that maters
the last i checked celtic have the best home and travelling support in scotland.
they also get picked for testimonials because we take the most amount of fans to any game inverness to manchester we dont care where we go we took more to seville than you took in a 3 hour drive to manchester.
and what was it 17,000 at a home game to dundee united 2 weeks ago some fans u have.
we will sell shirts season tickets regardless of rangers we dont need your 2million sky money

There's so many wrong things in this post I can't really get started on any of them, apart from one. You're referring to Celtic as "we" despite your username marking you down as a United fan, and then accusing me of being a Rangers fan. Despite the fact I'm English, and support Aston Villa.

As Joel' kindly took the effort to go through the thread and quote the posts that were important, I'd suggest you take his advice and go and educate yourself. You'll just look like an idiot otherwise.

Tell you what, I'll summarise using a text-based flowchart:

Rangers go under > Celtic destroy league and win title repeatedly > less money coming into the league from TV, sponsorship and other deals / Scottish clubs doing worse in the European leagues due to lack of quality > less money and worse performance in Europe results in even less money coming in, and therefore less money to spend on quality players, reducing quality of the league > reduced quality of the league means that Scottish teams struggle even more in Europe, meaning they lose European spots > less European spots means less chance to make money > league's quality falls further and further > the fall then bottoms out and the drastically weakened league tries to build itself back up to its old level, which takes a long time.

I'm seriously thinking Celtic gave away free shirts at schools for mentally impaired children and somehow all of them found their way to FMB once they grew up. If they grew up.

i'm a celtic fan just forgot my password to my other account not been on in a while so i made another 1 based on the team i'm playing in fm12

I refuse to take criticism on my intelligence from someone who can't even remember his own password.

well if u are english and a villa fan what the **** do you know

Evidently more than you. As proved with Athe~, who knows more than most of the Scottish people in this thread about this particular situation, you don't have to live in a country to know about the football taking place in it. Just because you don't think football exists outside the British Isles doesn't mean it's true.

and incase you have not noticed we are not exactly doing great in europe just now and the're still here

Exactly my point. If you're doing badly now, think how atrociously you'll be doing soon? That'll decrease your coefficients markedly, and your number of available spots will plummet.

we dont need money to buy player 6million chris sutton in 2000 was celtics biggest ever transfer

Oh cool. Let me know how that works as transfer prices go up and up, your wage budget goes down and down, and Championship relegation candidates start becoming a more attractive financial option.

your not doing yourself any justice here we've not been in the champions league in years its no exactly been missed we've cleared our debt n made profit regardless

Jesus. I put something into a flowchart and you STILL don't understand. That takes quite some effort.

For all their talk there are a huge number of Celtic fans who don't think outside their little bubble.

Companies like Deloitte will tell you Rangers and Celtic need each other in order to flourish and the SPL needs them both even more. If you think Peter Lawwell is not spinning the news and telling fans what they want to hear by telling everyone Celtic don't need Rangers then frankly you are an idiot.

Take the cloth out your ears, When everyone, from neutral fans, to companies like Deloitte, to TV companies, tells you that the SPL needs/benefits from a good Celtic and Rangers, it isn't a conspiracy against you, its because its pretty much the truth. Try looking outside the SPL, a weaker SPL attracts less money, less players, poorer TV deals. We just heard about how the new improved TV deal hinges on there also being Rangers. The number of people here who just cherry pick what they read is staggering.

Oh and keep the other **** out the thread

Last edited:
just heard that possibly a new owner might coming for the Gers, true ?

and Spot on Mike :p

In other words:

You'd be damaged financially - what everyone said.
You'd have to sell your best talents - what everyone said.

No one said Rangers would get liquidated, just what would happen if they did, since so many of you Celtic fans remained convinced that you had no need of them, and some saying you'd be glad to see them gone.

I've already explained my self and said that the need for Rangers has increased dramatically due to the new TV deal which is based on their participation- so even if I did think beforehand that we didn't need them- I now believe that we really do need Rangers and the OF games, the TV deal is a big game changer. So I'm not arguing against any of you really, and if you question why I changed my opinion so dramatically- it has just changed due to hearing about that TV deal.

And yes I said we'd be damaged financially clearly, but not to the point some people are making out. We have a 60,000 stadium, and the fans would still buy the shirts and go the games, they always have even when we were days away from going bust in 1994. We've been at the lowest already, and the Celtic board has been so tight with money ever since (even after getting to the UFEA cup final and actually having money, and a good squad of players- they insisted on buying no players) based on that evidence, I reckon we'd be ok, and would be able to cut costs accordingly. Its been very well run for a long time, considering they actually turn a profit and not a loss is quite exceptional in Britain.

Being a selling club is something everyone outside the very biggest clubs in Europe are going to have to get used to, unless you're a massive club then its obvious you'll have to sell your best talents at one stage or another.

Edit: When I said the point some people are making out- I mean almost ruined. Also yes it probably would get even more boring than it already is if we won the league by 25 points every season, and can see why players would get bored of this.

Last edited:
I've already explained my self and said that the need for Rangers has increased dramatically due to the new TV deal which is based on their participation- so even if I did think beforehand that we didn't need them- I now believe that we really do need Rangers and the OF games, the TV deal is a big game changer. So I'm not arguing against any of you really, and if you question why I changed my opinion so dramatically- it has just changed due to hearing about that TV deal.

And yes I said we'd be damaged financially clearly, but not to the point some people are making out. We have a 60,000 stadium, and the fans would still buy the shirts and go the games, they always have even when we were days away from going bust in 1994. We've been at the lowest already, and the Celtic board has been so tight with money ever since (even after getting to the UFEA cup final and actually having money, and a good squad of players- they insisted on buying no players) based on that evidence, I reckon we'd be ok, and would be able to cut costs accordingly. Its been very well run for a long time, considering they actually turn a profit and not a loss is quite exceptional in Britain.

Being a selling club is something everyone outside the very biggest clubs in Europe are going to have to get used to, unless you're a massive club then its obvious you'll have to sell your best talents at one stage or another.

Thats just it, you would be cutting. You would be making do, rather than actually growing as a club. That is the big impact. And if you fail to grow while others do, then you are being left behind. This is the point that people are making, that why Celtic would be hurt.

Personally I'm hoping the new deal changes things in Scotland

Thats just it, you would be cutting. You would be making do, rather than actually growing as a club. That is the big impact. And if you fail to grow while others do, then you are being left behind. This is the point that people are making, that why Celtic would be hurt.

Personally I'm hoping the new deal changes things in Scotland

I'm not denying that, I totally agree with you mike. Which is why I hope Rangers do find some loophole, pay the taxman, and carry on playing. I don't want them to go under. With the extra TV money, and investment in youth in smaller clubs in Scotland (Dundee Utd have produced some good young players, david Goodwillie going to the Prem is great) then we can all grow.

I'd imagine Rangers would be run more like celtic in the future as well; as tight as a ducks ****, until they're back on their feet.