Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think most Bears will be laughing due to the fact Celtic are not in europe and not Diouf's hair :D

WATP
Im not even going to pretend I wouldnt like being in Europe but tbh im glad yous are as it makes you squad already small squad tired. Diouf hair will be funny though.

Confirmed team :

McGregor, Foster, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Edu, Davis, Weiss, Diouf and Lafferty
No Ness or Naismith?
What a negative team to play at home against a Sporting team that are in decline and have lost their best players.
Serious question do yous Ragers fans not get fed up being so negative?
Correction: Ranger's will play and score to make it 1-0 then have 11 men + McCoist behind the ball for the rest of the tie.
Doubt it, looking at that team there only goalscoring option is a davies set-piece

I'm rooting for Rangers for the rest of the Europa League. Scottish Football needs some European success for our co-efficients. I really don't care who gets us the co-efficient points, we just need some.
Im confident we can secure 1st place, so im not that bothered about the co-efficients atm

Sporting is a really bad side compared to other years and rangers is doing good tbh
Rangers 1-0 Sporting

im not biased (A)

Sporting has been SUCKING so much lately! Rangers will win no doubtly, 2-0

first thing don´t say sporting lisbon say just sporting or because the sporting fans hate the sporting lisbon thing
second thing rangers have got a better team and sporting is 23 points from the 1st place in the league and they haven't got a chairman so i think that ranger will win unfortunately

No Ness or Naismith?

Serious question do yous Ragers fans not get fed up being so negative?

Im confident we can secure 1st place, so im not that bothered about the co-efficients atm

Surprised no Ness or Bartley, Naismith is just back from a Hamstring injury too much of a risk to play him, I'd rather keep him for sunday. And being Negative got us to a European final and if we were to do so again I wouldn't mind. End of the day if we won the trophy that's all that matters is the silverware in the Trophy room.

As for your confidence in 1st fair enough it will be tight though but even if you do win the league you still need to qualify for the CL so it's still going to be seriously hard for both sides of the OF to qualify ;)

Don't get me wrong if it was Celtic playing and not Rangers I wouldn't be supporting them either. don't blame you

Edit: never meant to post that twice :p

Last edited:
Imagine letting the gf make you go out on a Rangers night! I ditched a first date with a girl because I went to the game instead XD

Lisbon bigger and better ? They are sitting third in the league 12 points behind and have only won 9 of their 19 games.. plus we beat them on route to the final last time will be a tough game but they most definately aren't a bigger team than Rangers and I don't think they are better either.

And Diouf scoring ? Did you see his shot against Mwell where he poked the ball wide rather than side footing it. I'll be surprised if Diouf scores.

Expected Bartley to start tonight after his performance. Looking forward to the game tonight hopefully a 2-0 win comes our way. would be the ideal result to take to Portugal.

Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole Ole Oh La Oleeeeee Super Rangersss.
I could tear this post to pieces.

But I can't be bothered.

first thing don´t say sporting lisbon say just sporting or because the sporting fans hate the sporting lisbon thing

You obviously don't get scottish fans mentalitys. If they don't like it we are more likely to say it to annoy them. Thats what we do (A)

I could tear this post to pieces.

But I can't be bothered.

Please do :) I can't wait to hear the, Yes but they had this player and that player and you ahd this and that and you played anti-football :)

Surprised no Ness or Bartley, Naismith is just back from a Hamstring injury too much of a risk to play him, I'd rather keep him for sunday. And being Negative got us to a European final and if we were to do so again I wouldn't mind. End of the day if we won the trophy that's all that matters is the silverware in the Trophy room.

As for your confidence in 1st fair enough it will be tight though but even if you do win the league you still need to qualify for the CL so it's still going to be seriously hard for both sides of the OF to qualify ;)

Don't get me wrong if it was Celtic playing and not Rangers I wouldn't be supporting them either. don't blame you

Edit: never meant to post that twice :p
what about this bit?

Serious question do yous Rangers fans not get fed up being so negative?

Im not having a dig just curious. As you have enough quality to bet sporting but have instead went for 5 defenders and no proven goalscorer. Although sporting are not great atm it wont be easy when yous got to Portugal as we found out against Braga. Home advantage is really big in European games and yous are throwing it way with 5 defenders tonight.

Sporting is far better than Rangers. Firstly, About the league thing, its matters for nothing in europe, since players have a different motivation in european matches.

Also, tough Sporting is going through some hard times, i reckon we can manage. If matías its in the right mood, he'll dribble his way into the goal, like he did against everton last year.
Im hoping for some Celtic support agains the huns, eh!!

what about this bit?

Im not having a dig just curious. As you have enough quality to bet sporting but have instead went for 5 defenders and no proven goalscorer. Although sporting are not great atm it wont be easy when yous got to Portugal as we found out against Braga. Home advantage is really big in European games and yous are throwing it way with 5 defenders tonight.

And being Negative got us to a European final and if we were to do so again I wouldn't mind. End of the day if we won the trophy that's all that matters is the silverware in the Trophy room.

I answered it mate. Yes I do agree it is boring. and yes it will be difficult in Portugal however Sporting have been better away from home this season also only winning 3 games at home. But I can only sit and hope, I'd like a 2-0 victory to take over there but who knows.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Sporting is far better than Rangers

Please explain this :)?

what about this bit?

Obviously we would love to play nice football but we just don't have the quality unfortunately:(

BUT

A good Euro Run means we get more money which mean's we can buy better players and if the takeover goes through it's a bonus but until then we have to be defensive

Sporting is far better than Rangers. Firstly, About the league thing, its matters for nothing in europe, since players have a different motivation in european matches.

Also, tough Sporting is going through some hard times, i reckon we can manage. If matías its in the right mood, he'll dribble his way into the goal, like he did against everton last year.
Im hoping for some Celtic support agains the huns, eh!!

Ill be supporting yous :D

We have also have a much smaller budget.
Doubt this tbh

First of all, we play attacking football in europe, we dont go into the game parking the bus.
Also, have a look here.
http://eurorivals.net/club-rankings.html
We have also have a much smaller budget.

First of all, Your attacking football in europe doesn't win you trophys does it ?

Uefa Cup winners Cup
Rangers Winners:1 Runners Up: 2 1972 1961, 1967
Sporting CP Winners: 1 Runners Up: 0 1964
Uefa Cup
Rangers Winners: 0 Runners Up: 1 (when we knocked Sporting CP Out) - 2008
Sporting CP Winners: 0 Runners Up: 1 - 2008

As for your rankings so you say Sporting are a better (and this is just mentioning some):
Rangers, Tottenham, Celtic, Man City, Wolfsburg and Schalke ? Answer: Those teams are all better than Sporting

And Smaller budget ? Rangers are massively in debt playing with possibly the smallest team ever on a shoestring budget. So think again my friend :) Parking the bus won us games and got us to a final. Also last time Sporting won the league ? 9 Years ago I believe in 2001-2002. Rangers won the league 4 times since you last won a trophy so yeah good stats.

To Sum It Up: Rangers >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sporting CP

Off Topic: Anyone watching the Benfica - Stuttgaart Game ? Goals have all been very very nice Benficas both goals were screamers :O

Last edited:
First of all, Your attacking football in europe doesn't win you trophys does it ?

Uefa Cup winners Cup
Rangers Winners:1 Runners Up: 2 1972 1961, 1967
Sporting CP Winners: 1 Runners Up: 0 1964
Uefa Cup
Rangers Winners: 0 Runners Up: 1 (when we knocked Sporting CP Out) - 2008
Sporting CP Winners: 0 Runners Up: 1 - 2008

As for your rankings so you say Sporting are a better (and this is just mentioning some):
Rangers, Tottenham, Celtic, Man City, Wolfsburg and Schalke ? Answer: Those teams are all better than Sporting

And Smaller budget ? Rangers are massively in debt playing with possibly the smallest team ever on a shoestring budget. So think again my friend :) Parking the bus won us games and got us to a final. Also last time Sporting won the league ? 9 Years ago I believe in 2001-2002. Rangers won the league 4 times since you last won a trophy so yeah good stats.

To Sum It Up: Rangers >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sporting CP

Off Topic: Anyone watching the Benfica - Stuttgaart Game ? Goals have all been very very nice Benficas both goals were screamers :O

Our League is much more competitive than the SPL, and our budget is incredibly small. The biggest signing that sporting has ever done is 6 Million £, maybe a little less. And as far as European competitions are concerned, sporting isbetter, yes.

And dont talk about things you dont know about. Sporting hasnt won the league in the past 8 seasons because of: in 2004/05, a goal given in the penultimate game against sporting that should have been annuled. 2006/07, Sporting finished with less 1 point than Porto, and one game that sporting had lost at 0-1 at home was scored with a hand. Sporting would have won the league.

Also, that 1972 Cup winner's cup, the quarter final game should have been a Sporting CP win, as the ref called for penalties, and sporting won. The ref did not know the Away goal system, but that matters little, since the decision to hold penalties was made, the criteria would be the penalties, not the away goal rule.

Your league is "very complicated":p, just two good teams!
In Portugal there is more competition between the teams.
But yes it's true, Sporting has not been very good, but the europe league is our only competition we can still win and so there's more motivation.
I do not deslike Rangers, but I hope Sporting win 2-0 or at least keep a clean sheet.

Think most Bears will be laughing due to the fact Celtic are not in europe and not Diouf's hair :D

WATP
OK, I don't understand this from some Rangers fans. "WATP" [We Are The People.] That would mean that Rangers fans make up for most of the world, which really isn't true. oO) Explanation on this please?

Also, even though it is Rangers, I do want to see a Scottish team do well in Europe. Pulling for a 1-0 win for Rangers here.

Our League is much more competitive than the SPL, and our budget is incredibly small. The biggest signing that sporting has ever done is 6 Million £, maybe a little less. And as far as European competitions are concerned, sporting isbetter, yes.

And dont talk about things you dont know about. Sporting hasnt won the league in the past 8 seasons because of: in 2004/05, a goal given in the penultimate game against sporting that should have been annuled. 2006/07, Sporting finished with less 1 point than Porto, and one game that sporting had lost at 0-1 at home was scored with a hand. Sporting would have won the league.

Also, that 1972 Cup winner's cup, the quarter final game should have been a Sporting CP win, as the ref called for penalties, and sporting won. The ref did not know the Away goal system, but that matters little, since the decision to hold penalties was made, the criteria would be the penalties, not the away goal rule.

MUCH more competitive ? How because you have 1 more team challenging for the title every year XD , Also your points of Why you didn't win the league doesn't matter at the end of the day YOUR TEAM DID NOT WIN THE LEAGUE. If your team were so good why are the 1 point behind anyway ? 1 game shouldn't matter if your teams so good you should be 5-10 points clear at least :).

And Rangers have got more credentials in Europe than Sporting have. As Do Celtic, your team are not bigger and are not better full stop, look at your post its full of excuses of why your team didn't win because of referee decisions.

I know understand why your team plays in green and white XD Its a Conspiracyy, Its a Conspiracyy. And In the past Rangers did have a budget but Rangers have been a very tough spot for a number of years now battling with the bank and working on a small budget and having a small squad. So behave yourself.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Your league is "very complicated":p, just two good teams!
In Portugal there is more competition between the teams.
But yes it's true, Sporting has not been very good, but the europe league is our only competition we can still win and so there's more motivation.
I do not deslike Rangers, but I hope Sporting win 2-0 or at least keep a clean sheet.

Of course you want your team to win I do not begrudge you of that however your team only has Three good teams. Not much difference from a just two good teams.

And now I am away to watch the game Come on the gers.

Status
Not open for further replies.