Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate but really the SPL and Portuguese league isn't that different. They have 3 teams challenging for the league that is all. I wouldn't say they were better, But Honours in europe Rangers have more again he used stats of co-efficient points which proves nothing.. But if you look tonight Rangers on form attacking playing football have completely destroyed them. Yes they are without some players but so are we.

And come in look at our financial status. Because their owner isn't giving them a budget or whatever yes we spend money but we are releasing players in order to spend and bring in less important and less valuable to the club.

Co-effs don't prove anything, they were the work of Porto and Benfica, not Lisbon. And yes, you're financial situation is far worse than theirs, so his points were wrong.

We have now let Lisbon have the advantage in the tie. Not deserved :S That's why we needed a second goal!

how many chances does that ***** Lafferty want??

And its a goal for sporting! **** yeah! Bout time matias fernandez scored something xd

Really Don't understand how this happened.

1. We play Celtic on Sunday yet Walter decideds to not use any substitutes and lets our players play out 90 minutes.

2. We dominated and Kyle Lafferty had numerous chances yet hit every shot at the keeper or at the ******* crowd.

3. Why was lafferty not subbed for Healy ?

The one time we attack in europe, Dominate the game and we draw 1-1-. Have now got a load of work to do in Lisbon, I hope Lafferty gets injured before the game tbh don't want him playing couldn't score in a brothel.

Ped: Bit Ironic how much if slated lisbon yet thinking about doign a story on them eh XD.

For **** sake Lafferty :D

Why do Rangers insist on playing this complete diddy either week? Oh yes, it's because he's from Northern Ireland.

Sporting plays worse at home than away, that stadium puts the pressure on them. But still I wouldn't understimate them. with 1-1 they have good chances.

Nah, one of the worst Sporting teams in their history, Rangers will win in Portugal

Why do Rangers insist on playing this complete diddy either week? Oh yes, it's because he's from Northern Ireland.

Ermm No it's not your just implying were a bigoted club.. If it was because he was Northern Irish Andy Little & Healy would be playing everyweek... Think you should just be quiet as you have no clue tbh..

Anyway not going to get into that or the thread will just be closed. I don't know how lafferty gets picked over Healy. Lafferty did do well in terms of winning the ball in the air for a change. But his first touch was Abysmal his shots were horrid and his decision making was shocking. The only thing he managed to do well tonight apart from prove he is a complete ****** was moan ALOT.

The game will be tough in Lisbon one benefit for rangers is Naismith should be playing. I'd play him up front and keep lafferty in Glasgow.

Yep, smashing idea, incite a bit of sectarian hatred on the thread and it gets you tonight's entertainment. Shut up. :)

Ped: Bit Ironic how much if slated lisbon yet thinking about doign a story on them eh XD.

Ah, but you now know several of their flaws, and where to improve :p

Last edited:
Whats everyones views on Weiss ? And Where he should play ? Personally watching him I think we should try this out

Mcgregor
Whitaker-Bougherra-Weir-Papac
Edu or Bartley
Diouf-Davis-Naismith
Weiss
Jelavic​

A nice result, will be interesting to see Rangers trying to grab the goal they need next week. It clear that they can't put much pressure on a team unless playing on the counter.

A nice result, will be interesting to see Rangers trying to grab the goal they need next week. It clear that they can't put much pressure on a team unless playing on the counter.

Are you stupid and blind ? Rangers put a serious amount of pressure on Lisbon tonight the only reason we didn't score more was because of a 6ft ****** up front hasn't got the ability to do so... I can't even be arsed arguing with you because i've proved you wrong so many times tonight and you clearly haven't got a clue.

oO)

He cost 4 million so may as well try and get something from your investment. Better than anything St. Mirren have mate (6)

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Rangers have never signed a player from the Republic of Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.