Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUCH more competitive ? How because you have 1 more team challenging for the title every year XD , Also your points of Why you didn't win the league doesn't matter at the end of the day YOUR TEAM DID NOT WIN THE LEAGUE. If your team were so good why are the 1 point behind anyway ? 1 game shouldn't matter if your teams so good you should be 5-10 points clear at least :).

And Rangers have got more credentials in Europe than Sporting have. As Do Celtic, your team are not bigger and are not better full stop, look at your post its full of excuses of why your team didn't win because of referee decisions.

I know understand why your team plays in green and white XD Its a Conspiracyy, Its a Conspiracyy. And In the past Rangers did have a budget but Rangers have been a very tough spot for a number of years now battling with the bank and working on a small budget and having a small squad. So behave yourself.

your country is not independent. XD

And you are a a typical human with an average IQ of 100, maybe less. The WHY always matters, at least for the people who analyse things in an intelligent fashion.

The game's about to start, let's see some defending by rangers!

Thought we wold be playing a 4-5-1

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

And you are a a typical human with an average IQ of 100, maybe less. The WHY always matters, at least for the people who analyse things in an intelligent fashion.

Nah we'll be attacking mate 4-5-1 Diouf will have a free role same as we done against M'Well

Also, that 1972 Cup winner's cup, the quarter final game should have been a Sporting CP win, as the ref called for penalties, and sporting won. The ref did not know the Away goal system, but that matters little, since the decision to hold penalties was made, the criteria would be the penalties, not the away goal rule.

The referee WRONGLY called for penalties, Rangers won on away goals & the powers above the referee correctly reinstated Rangers to the competion at the expence of Sporting CP ;)

Lisbon are my favourite Portugese team, but I do like Rangers, so I want Rangers to win, but think Sporting will.

Halbard wins :)

How do you work that one out ? He claims his team is 1. Bigger 2. Better and 3. has less of a budget. All of which are false!
comparing to honours at the end of the day Rangers have won more honours than Sporting. Hes picking out reasons as to why his team never won rather than why his team were still at 0-0 in the first place end of the day I could pick out points aswell such as Rangers Vs Marseille when they put us out and were later found to be cheating so we should have but through but WE WEREN'T is the main thing. and Rangers a missvely in debt so yeah his team has less of a budget... So yeah he wins I guess.. don't think so so shut up :)

Ohh analyse the game then because you'll see Rangers aren't defending pal ;) & What has my country being independant got to do with anything at all ?

Typical Human XD and you are what... Suppose your ******* albert einstein ?

Last edited:
Can see us coming out and wining this ;)

Clearly missing Jela though :(

Sporting are Benfica's dire rivals, but I am backing them up! Just becase Portugal needs to set his place in europe, Sporting's team is clearly better, altough they are in a bad moment they have all many chances of beating Rangers today.

laffertys had so many chances and failed, Hes stressing me out! Rangers have been by far the better side proving to everyone we can attack in europe and we deserve to be leading if only we had a better striker on :(

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

1-0 yessssssssssssssssssssssss well deserved! keep it up rangers attack attack attack

diouf does sublime to win that corner, Weiss swings it Whitaker header GOAL!

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I would bring on Healy for Lafferty try get that second.

laffertys had so many chances and failed, Hes stressing me out! Rangers have been by far the better side proving to everyone we can attack in europe and we deserve to be leading if only we had a better striker on :(

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

1-0 yessssssssssssssssssssssss well deserved! keep it up rangers attack attack attack

diouf does sublime to win that corner, Weiss swings it Whitaker header GOAL!

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I would bring on Healy for Lafferty try get that second.

Tap that about Healy used to like Lafferty gone off him recently though

Don't get me wrong laffertys been ok tonight hes made a nuisance of Sportings defence and his height winning them balls has been good. However his finishing and decision making has let us down and also is wining. We could have scored 3-4 tonight if we made some chances.

Would also put Weiss out to the right, Whitaker would be more dangerous cutting inside and Weiss charging down the wing with his pace crossing it either that or Weiss in the centre running at that Carusso. Hes proved he can take him

How do you work that one out ? He claims his team is 1. Bigger 2. Better and 3. has less of a budget. All of which are false!
comparing to honours at the end of the day Rangers have won more honours than Sporting. Hes picking out reasons as to why his team never won rather than why his team were still at 0-0 in the first place end of the day I could pick out points aswell such as Rangers Vs Marseille when they put us out and were later found to be cheating so we should have but through but WE WEREN'T is the main thing. and Rangers a missvely in debt so yeah his team has less of a budget... So yeah he wins I guess.. don't think so so shut up :)

I can see where he's coming from, but I disagree with him. Mainly because Sporting Lisbon aren't bigger, but I'd say, in European terms, they are equal. Better? Check the score. While they have arguably Portugal's best striker right now in Postiga, he is inconsistent. Jelavic has proven himself a consistent goalscorer. Less of a budget? Lisbon have a budget of -1?

Comparing honours is a poor way to do it, since winning the SPL as Rangers is easier than Lisbon winning their league. Also, I'm sure Rangrs are an older club.

Last edited:
Liedson has left for brazillian team Corinthians.

I can see where he's coming from, but I disagree with him. Mainly because Sporting Lisbon aren't bigger, but I'd say, in European terms, they are equal. Better? Check the score. While they have arguably Portugal's best striker right now in Liedson, he is ageing and inconsistent. Jelavic has proven himself a consistent goalscorer. Less of a budget? Lisbon have a budget of -1?

Comparing honours is a poor way to do it, since winning the SPL as Rangers is easier than Lisbon winning their league. Also, I'm sure Rangrs are an older club.

I can see where he's coming from, but I disagree with him. Mainly because Sporting Lisbon aren't bigger, but I'd say, in European terms, they are equal. Better? Check the score. While they have arguably Portugal's best striker right now in Liedson, he is ageing and inconsistent. Jelavic has proven himself a consistent goalscorer. Less of a budget? Lisbon have a budget of -1?

Fair enough mate but really the SPL and Portuguese league isn't that different. They have 3 teams challenging for the league that is all. I wouldn't say they were better, But Honours in europe Rangers have more again he used stats of co-efficient points which proves nothing.. But if you look tonight Rangers on form attacking playing football have completely destroyed them. Yes they are without some players but so are we.

And come in look at our financial status. Because their owner isn't giving them a budget or whatever yes we spend money but we are releasing players in order to spend and bring in less important and less valuable to the club.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

When the **** are we going to take lafferty off ? seriously XD

Status
Not open for further replies.