Rangers v Sporting Lisbon 17/02 K/O1 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souty

Reaction score
With Rangers struggling to fill the bench and Lisbon having trouble with the manager it could prove an interesting game. What do you all think?

hopefully we'll still pump them! Unfortunately im gonna miss it, getting dragged out with the girlfriend tonight!!

I think Gers will win it 2-0 (Davis and Lafferty) as longs they dont score we should be safe

im thinking 0-0 draw 10/11 men behind the ball for Rangers, and Lisbon happy to take a draw.

The main event of tonight will be laughing at Diouf hair! :D

Think most Bears will be laughing due to the fact Celtic are not in europe and not Diouf's hair :D

WATP

Sporting Lisbon are a bigger and better side but I think Rangers can pull off a good result. Jelavic is cup-tied so he'll probably be a big miss, this is the Rangers line up:

McGregor, Foster, Papac, Weir, Bougherra, Whittaker, Edu, Davis, Weiss, Diouf, Lafferty.

I'm not a big fan of Ricky Foster so I think he'll need a bit of cover or Sporting will expose him, Lafferty is also a terrible 'footballer' and is another weak link. Apart from that, they actually look fairly strong. Think Rangers will win 3-1 with Edu, Weiss and Diouf scoring.

Just bout to leave :D Hopefully we go for it a wee bit, if we do this team are there for the taking judging by their recent performances.

Hopefully Heally will come on (or start) and Bartley was impressive against M'Well though Lisbon are a lot better

Confirmed team :

McGregor, Foster, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Edu, Davis, Weiss, Diouf and Lafferty

Sporting Lisbon are a bigger and better side

Seriously??

1-0 to the sons of William tonight, Weiss with the goal

Edit: '@ Souty pretty sure it's a 20:05 kick off not 7:45 as it's says in OP

Last edited:
I think Rangers are the better team here and thats without bias :p haha

hopefully we'll still pump them! Unfortunately im gonna miss it, getting dragged out with the girlfriend tonight!!

Imagine letting the gf make you go out on a Rangers night! I ditched a first date with a girl because I went to the game instead XD

Sporting Lisbon are a bigger and better side but I think Rangers can pull off a good result. Jelavic is cup-tied so he'll probably be a big miss, this is the

Diouf scoring.

Lisbon bigger and better ? They are sitting third in the league 12 points behind and have only won 9 of their 19 games.. plus we beat them on route to the final last time will be a tough game but they most definately aren't a bigger team than Rangers and I don't think they are better either.

And Diouf scoring ? Did you see his shot against Mwell where he poked the ball wide rather than side footing it. I'll be surprised if Diouf scores.

Expected Bartley to start tonight after his performance. Looking forward to the game tonight hopefully a 2-0 win comes our way. would be the ideal result to take to Portugal.

Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole Ole Oh La Oleeeeee Super Rangersss.

im thinking 0-0 draw 10/11 men behind the ball for Rangers, and Lisbon happy to take a draw.

The main event of tonight will be laughing at Diouf hair! :D

Correction: Ranger's will play and score to make it 1-0 then have 11 men + McCoist behind the ball for the rest of the tie.

I love how Rangers are gonna get beat by a team in green & white twice this week^^)

10/11 men behind the ball would suit me if we went through, It worked the last time. End of the day were still in europe so :) I honestly wouldn't mind if we went out though as it would benefit us in the league because last time it caused us trophy's.

@Shay im glad your main event of the night is watching the Rangers. Laugh at dioufys hair all you want your laughing at someone whos playing in europe whilst your team aren't good enough to get there ;)

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Oh and the game is a 8:05 K/O

I'm rooting for Rangers for the rest of the Europa League. Scottish Football needs some European success for our co-efficients. I really don't care who gets us the co-efficient points, we just need some.

I'm rooting for Rangers for the rest of the Europa League. Scottish Football needs some European success for our co-efficients. I really don't care who gets us the co-efficient points, we just need some.

True, Rangers doing well not only Benefits us it benefits Scotland and Celtic really.It's now going to be hard for both OF sides getting into the champions league until we can somehow get our point's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.