Rangnick linked to Liverpool move

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Former Hoffenheim boss Ralf Rangnick is interested in managing Liverpool, his agent tells BBC Sport.

More...

I bet Woy is pleased people are being linked to his job before he's even lost it.

Don't want him. Want KK.

Who doesn't? For me it's either King Kenny or Andre Villas-Boas. I think he would fit the bill too. Although I wouldn't be too bothered with Rangnick he seems quite good.

Who doesn't? For me it's either King Kenny or Andre Villas-Boas. I think he would fit the bill too. Although I wouldn't be too bothered with Rangnick he seems quite good.

I don't even want Boas. I think what Kenny with do for the club within minutes of him becoming manager will be better then any other manager could do in the rest of the season.

He's have every fan behind him from the word go, he's boost the moral of the whole football team in a instant and the players will want him and will listen to him.

I don't even want Boas. I think what Kenny with do for the club within minutes of him becoming manager will be better then any other manager could do in the rest of the season.

He's have every fan behind him from the word go, he's boost the moral of the whole football team in a instant and the players will want him and will listen to him.

True, thing is that at the moment we don't have the luxury of choosing a new manager. As Woy is still in charge :S

For me it would have to be Rijkaard, Pellegrini, Deschamps, Klopp, Boas(great potential but way too inexperienced). The last 3 i know the owners are looking at because they want a youthful manager. All 3 of them are under 45.

Was listening to this on the Football Weekly Podcast - Raphael Honegstein says he's done very well but perhaps isn't cut out for the big time - built his own team at Hoffenheim and has done well, though. Klopp of Dortmund also linked, think he'd be superb for you considering he's done so well in Germany to topple Bayern

Jesus christ just how slow is BBC?

Rangnick is a truly world-class manager.

I can't understand why most pool fans want Dalglish to take over, its just a recipe for disaster. You say it would be best for the players but i fail to see how. Yes he is a Liverpool legend but how many of Pools players would really know that much about Dalglish and give them that much more drive. I would suspect only Carragher and Gerrard would fully appreciate having someone like Dalglish in charge.

I heard a few things about this situation and i think there are 3 main factors in this whole Liverpool manager situation and before i start this is my take on things and i don't mean to upset or anger anyone. The new owners either trust Hodgson or know nothing about football what so ever and i believe it be abit of both. People will say well the transfer window is open now so lets see who Hodgson buys, but we all know that Cemoli (sp) is the man behind the transfers from now on and no manager will get much of a say in transfers which is ok but that gives no reason for them to keep Hodgson unless like i say they know nothing about the game or they trust him. Another factor i see is that maybie people are looking at the job as a poisen chalace (sp), the new owners have already stated they are in this to make money just like the previous owners and look what happend there. If you are Vilas Boas or Klopp who both are at excellent teams and doing very well then why would you want to take a risk and jump ship to a team where at the moment nothing is guarrenteed.

I want to re-instate i am not digging any fans here and this is just my opinion, i would love to see if any fans agree with my point.

Kenny Daglish would be the worst choice imo. He's been out of football for so long, (he's also said himself he's not kept up to date with the modern game) and it would signal a step backwards. He also isn't what NESV believe in so doubt it.

Ragnick or Boas for me

I agree with CJacko (never thought I'd say that :p). I believe "King Kenny" is more of a Matt Busby/Bobby Charlton kinda person at Liverpool, him becoming manager wouldn't save Liverpool and imagine if he did become manager and did badly? That would really affect his deserved heroic status at Liverpool. They just need a good manager, like this guy from what I've heard of him.

I agree with CJacko (never thought I'd say that :p). I believe "King Kenny" is more of a Matt Busby/Bobby Charlton kinda person at Liverpool, him becoming manager wouldn't save Liverpool and imagine if he did become manager and did badly? That would really affect his deserved heroic status at Liverpool. They just need a good manager, like this guy from what I've heard of him.

Always a first for everything lol.

Don't want him. Want KK.

NO NO NO NO NO. It has to be either Rangnick of Boas. Both of whom are exceptional managers. It has to be one of these two. Yes KK would galvanise the fans, but what could be better than a current top class manager that wants to join us?! :S

Have to agree sadly, Cjacko has a very good argument sadly....