• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 44K

awalker14

Reaction score
*Tactic Release!* Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona tactic 2010-2011

Re- creating Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona 2010-2011

Finally here!

So after many many weeks designing and re creating this tactic i think i done as much as i can with it and is now being released!

Before we get started i want to give you a direct quote from pep him self: "Only a few top players can play the way we play" Meaning you need the right players for this tactic otherwise it just wont work.

This tactic is perfect for potential long term saves and players who want to bring a philosophy to a club.

Peps Perfect 4-3-3

Soo im using 4-3-3 very fluid system, very high pressing narrow however my full backs give my team width, in Essenes When attacking we are playing wide and when defending we are narrow.

We are also essentially using 3 strikers with the STC dropping deep into AM position and play through ball to the LW/RW to score.

Positions:

STC - Drops deep and plays in the LW/RW or LS/RS
LW/RW or LS/RS - Looks to beat the offside trap and score goals
CM - Keep possession and probe the opponent also make clever runs and score
DM - recycles/keeps Possession
LB/RB - attacks and tries to overlap on the wing they get alot of assists and few goals
CB - Need to be quick and good on ball
GK - rushes out acts as a defended when needed:)

PPM:
STC - Drops deep, plays through balls whenever possible, runs with ball often
LW/RW or LS/RS - Looks to beat offside trap, places shots, cuts inside, plays one two's
LCM - Plays through balls often, plays simple passes, Comes deep, plays one two's
RCM + DM - Plays simple passes, plays one two's, comes deep
LB/RB - Gets forward whenever possible, Plays simple passes
CB - Plays simple passes

Opponent instructions
LB/RB, LW/RW/LM/RM and CB - Tight mark, close down always, show onto weaker foot
CM and ST: show onto weaker foot, (cm close down always if having lots of long shots)
GK - Close down always

Shouts:
I dont use shouts but you could use:

Play out of defense
Pass to feet
Stay on feet
play through defense
work ball into box
retain possession

training:
Fitness very high until 1 week before season then attacking medium
match training 50% tactics only until full learned then 30% attacking movement.

10 men
You can either take out the DM or take out a defender and play 3 at the back

Screen shots below v v v

View attachment 312145View attachment 312146View attachment 312147View attachment 312148View attachment 312150View attachment 312151View attachment 312152View attachment 312153

Tactics:
View attachment 312154 - Use against 1 striker
View attachment 312155 - use against 2 strikers

DONT USE THE ATTACHED FILES BELOW TO DOWNLOAD USE THE FILES ABOVE ^^^

Last edited:
looks very interesting with a lot of information.
the big part is how the **** to make it work and implement it into the game..
good luck mate ;]
Im in it too and i will be happy to help you with some ideas if you need..

I know implementing it into the game will be rather hard lol

Also all the things iv mentioned in the post could be improved or made work:) just download think and play around abit:)
lucazade helps with this process "drink, think, do" lol

I know implementing it into the game will be rather hard lol

Also all the things iv mentioned in the post could be improved or made work:) just download think and play around abit:)
lucazade helps with this process "drink, think, do" lol
im going to open a new game to try it and ill report how it goes.

Im going to give this a whirl. I have just taken the barca job on my long term save. In 2016 but the squad is almost the same (just a bit older!). Will post some results later.

Im going to give this a whirl. I have just taken the barca job on my long term save. In 2016 but the squad is almost the same (just a bit older!). Will post some results later.

Thanks and if you can improve any of the things im struggling on that would be great :)

I'm currently working on Possession tactic based on Barcelona style but i find hard to win in away game.

I'm currently working on Possession tactic based on Barcelona style but i find hard to win in away game.

Well im not trying to base the tactic solely on possessions but on how barca play however possession just comes with the tactic also soo far my tactic is working both home and away but im still trying to implement things into it

Hi mate, hopefully this might help but in this years version I have been experimenting with defensive wingers set to attack mentality and have their wide play set to cut inside. This gives them the same threat as an Inside Forward but also sees them work hard to shut down full backs quickly and win back the ball. This would help fit in with your winning the ball back within 6 seconds rule. It works well for me in my possession tactic

i think the barcelona system is too fluid for the match engine , the cdm will nvr drop to become a 3rd cb no matter what mentality u use. The only way it might be possible is setting busquets as a 3rd cb and run from deep and higher mentality maybe ? I nvr tried that tho so cant give info.

Here are my results so far. I have altered slightly to fit my squad such as the two adv playmakers i have pulled back so they pick the ball up earlier in the play and i have removed all of the swap positions. I have also changed the ST to a Complete Forward to fit in Cavani (he was here when i joined).

View attachment 305384View attachment 305385View attachment 305386

As you can see it is doing very well in the league and the two defeats were harsh on the overall performance. The more games i play with this the more CCC i seem to get. Will keep up the posts after another few months.

Hi mate, hopefully this might help but in this years version I have been experimenting with defensive wingers set to attack mentality and have their wide play set to cut inside. This gives them the same threat as an Inside Forward but also sees them work hard to shut down full backs quickly and win back the ball. This would help fit in with your winning the ball back within 6 seconds rule. It works well for me in my possession tactic

Ill give this ago but might be counter productive as i try keep the wide men in front of the striker
However i could you it with the 2-1-4-3 formation

Last edited:
Back