Re-creating Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona tactic 2010-2011 tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter awalker14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 44K
My new tactic was an attempt to do a Barca-style, but couldent get it 100% right:S

when do u play the 2-1-4-3? and when do u apply the shouts written in the OP? eg: Before match, in between and etc

Like the work you done there mate, i am in my second season managing Newcastle, i don't get the same results playing this tactic as the one i created (maybe because they not world class yet) and this tactic need Barcelona like players, but i am getting all the results i want from mine high possession football , Barcelona shape and tiki taka style. so i am happy

The only thing i find odd about ur tactic is that of Xavi role, i think you got him either swapping with the ST or DMC, i personally dont think thats how Barca got xavi playing... he always stayed in the heart of the midfield allowing the players around him do all the swamping around etc... also pep in his first season didn't always play false nine, In his first year messi was wide right cutting inside, slightly more inside behind the striker but still swapping with Et'o who was further up in ST position as a poacher or Advance forward. if i am right in assuming you are trying to re create the tactic that Pep had in 2008/09 season winning everything then thats not how they played: this may be of a good read for you:

Teams of the Decade #2: Barcelona, 2008/09 | Zonal Marking

Last edited:
Like the work you done there mate, i am in my second season managing Newcastle, i don't get the same results playing this tactic as the one i created (maybe because they not world class yet) and this tactic need Barcelona like players, but i am getting all the results i want from mine high possession football , Barcelona shape and tiki taka style. so i am happy

The only thing i find odd about ur tactic is that of Xavi role, i think you got him either swapping with the ST or DMC, i personally dont think thats how Barca got xavi playing... he always stayed in the heart of the midfield allowing the players around him do all the swamping around etc... also pep in his first season didn't always play false nine, In his first year messi was wide right cutting inside, slightly more inside behind the striker but still swapping with Et'o who was further up in ST position as a poacher or Advance forward. if i am right in assuming you are trying to re create the tactic that Pep had in 2008/09 season winning everything then thats not how they played: this may be of a good read for you:

Teams of the Decade #2: Barcelona, 2008/09 | Zonal Marking

Im trying to re-create the tactics from 2010-2011 season and also you might find this a good read: FC Barcelona: A Tactical Analysis - Attacking and Defending Book Set Combo

This is what iv based my entire tactic on and its impossible to completely play like Barcelona soo you have to compromise here and there

as for playing with a poacher in 2010-2011 they never played with one messi played ST dropping deep all the time and drift wide right to cut inside and once receiving the ball ither running at the defense or playing through balls.

Alot of people dont noticed the player movement and at barcelona you will find everyone other than the CB and GK swap positions constantly

Read the book iv sent you and you will realize im right:)

Dont use the attached tactics use the ones in the post... as for shouts i dont use them soo its really up to you

my bad!! i am re-creating the 2008/09 pep after all that is the season he won everything !! :-)

OK but i still dont think that xavi should swap with the DMC, especially when the DMC fills in as 3rd defender .... i dont think Xavi played there.... if it's in the book you read.. i would question the source of this book ;-) lol

any one got any screen shots to share while testing this? be interested to see what other people are getting over a season?

my bad!! i am re-creating the 2008/09 pep after all that is the season he won everything !! :-)

OK but i still dont think that xavi should swap with the DMC, especially when the DMC fills in as 3rd defender .... i dont think Xavi played there.... if it's in the book you read.. i would question the source of this book ;-) lol

any one got any screen shots to share while testing this? be interested to see what other people are getting over a season?

The book is written by Terzis Athanasious who is an professional tactical professor of football and for this book he has studied over 1000 hours worth of barelona games but if you think you know better than him then your either an idiot or in the wrong job:)

Also the movement is much more complicated than xavi going into DM role and going CB because he doesnt go CB as the rest of the team they only swap positions during the attacking phase and in the attacking phase xavi often comes deep into the DM role and busquets go's into midfield and this is to keep options and shape but of course you already know that because you know better than an tactical professor of football, right?

Also barcelona did the treble in both 2008-2009 and 2010-2011 but in 2010-2011 they sored the most and conceded the least in the league soo i would argue that this is there most successful season

Soo good luck with your tactic...

The book is written by Terzis Athanasious who is an professional tactical professor of football and for this book he has studied over 1000 hours worth of barelona games but if you think you know better than him then your either an idiot or in the wrong job:)

Also the movement is much more complicated than xavi going into DM role and going CB because he doesnt go CB as the rest of the team they only swap positions during the attacking phase and in the attacking phase xavi often comes deep into the DM role and busquets go's into midfield and this is to keep options and shape but of course you already know that because you know better than an tactical professor of football, right?

Also barcelona did the treble in both 2008-2009 and 2010-2011 but in 2010-2011 they sored the most and conceded the least in the league soo i would argue that this is there most successful season

Soo good luck with your tactic...

i think you should learn to take a joke.. of course i am not an expert..

I was talking about xavi's swapping in the game, if you set your DM to sit deep and spread your defenders out wide , then have xavi swap with the DMC, where do you think Xavi is gonna end up being??? (last man back) i think you live in a fantasy world. you never gonna be able swap xavi with the dmc and tell him to stay forward but when Busquets has swaped back he can sit deeper.. you either new to FM or live in a fantasy world.. this game has few limitation and this is one of them. but if you insist on the swapping you have then its not gonna work in FM.

PS: i am no expert but i am a qualified FA football coach..

regards

i think you should learn to take a joke.. of course i am not an expert..

I was talking about xavi's swapping in the game, if you set your DM to sit deep and spread your defenders out wide , then have xavi swap with the DMC, where do you think Xavi is gonna end up being??? (last man back) i think you live in a fantasy world. you never gonna be able swap xavi with the dmc and tell him to stay forward but when Busquets has swaped back he can sit deeper.. you either new to FM or live in a fantasy world.. this game has few limitation and this is one of them. but if you insist on the swapping you have then its not gonna work in FM.

PS: i am no expert but i am a qualified FA football coach..

regards

Like i said already you have to comprise on the tactics has it has its limitations but if you have problems with the tactic either change it or dont use it

p.s i make these tactics and post them for other people soo unless its constructive criticism please dont criticize

i was giving you constructive criticism about the xavi's role....
ok i wont be using this tactic, good luck

P.s i may have been abit harsh above, for that i apologies (im having a bad day)

Back