Re-creating Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona tactic 2010-2011 tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter awalker14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 44K
Most matches we do create about 3-4 clear cu chances and 5 half chances but the game against mallorca was a tired team so little bit sloppy chance wise .

I'm excited of what im hearing from you and im always reading your updates!
waiting for the tactic mate!
Ohh and i almost forgot I tried the beta from the start of this thread..but eventually it wasnt so good..used it half season but i lost a lot and my team doesn't keep so much possession..
Waiting for the full tactic mate!

There has been alot of changes since:) iv just about finshed the tactic as iv nearly done with the Barcelona tactical defense book lol

i could send it you and maybe you could do some testing for me?:)

Hi,

Just an update with a bit of analysis on how I'm getting along trying to create this pep system , tis going well as you can see in screen shots.

After i started playing the two wide guys as AP(support) i saw an increase of possession and passes all together from my team.in the screenshots below is a breakdown of how goals are being scored and created.

Again if anyone has any tips or questions for me please do tell.
View attachment 305941View attachment 305942View attachment 305943View attachment 305944View attachment 305945View attachment 305946View attachment 305947

good going:) keep it up:P

There has been alot of changes since:) iv just about finshed the tactic as iv nearly done with the Barcelona tactical defense book lol

i could send it you and maybe you could do some testing for me?:)

hi mate,
if you want you can send it to me and i will hopefully get half an hour tomorrow night to test it out and get better idea as at the moment it's difficult to say when i havent seen screen shots of your tactic and players , not just their attributes but also their preferred moves..

regards

I have a 4-3-3 tikka taka tactic sort of based on Barcelona style (still work in progress) that i use with my Newcastle profile and i am getting good results, while its 4-3-3 in shape when i am pinning the opponents back i have seen my DMC in line with my two CB while the Wing back push high up creating the 3-4-3 shape in game play.. I personally just stick to the 4-3-3 tactic as i believe it is the tactic they played and stuck to for a while when they had a fully fit squad, the other tactic were there to confuse the teams that got used to the way they play or to cover up for their injuries as such it was only used for small amount of time...

as for the type of players its difficult to tell as I don't know how you lined up what instructions these players were give and more importantly who these players were. you mention long term Derby profile i am guessing there are a number of regen players in your squad in which case they could be as good pique and Puyol?

my suggestion is to try players similar to Bocchetti who can be used as your left CB, i believe he can play as DL and CB and pacey too which would be important to cover the flanks.. without loading up a profile and looking for players i cant suggest a CB for your right position but like i said before someone like Mascherano could do a job as he can play as DR ...

ps: the three at the back formation i was referring too against Villarreal is completely different to what you trying to achieve here, but yet is another tactic Barcelona used and it basically 3-4-3 diamond.. i think if you end up looking into each different game and reading more about it you will end up with 3 or 4 different tactic and this is because of player movement etc.. i personally think you should concentrate on the 4-3-3 and getting it perfected and you probably start seeing it change in shapes somewhat to what a 3-4-3 looks like...

if you however going to cover up all sub tactics and would like to read more about the 3-4-3 then i recommend this link:

Barcelona 5-0 Villarreal: Guardiola switches to a 3-4-3 (diamond) and Barca run riot | Zonal Marking

Interesting... you have some very good advise and ideas:)

And yes my derby team is full off Regens and probable the the best team on the game which is why im testing before releasing.

Also the link you gave me was a interesting read and i think im going to use a 3-4-3 as my 3rd tactic... as i currently use 2 different 4-3-3 formations

hi mate,
if you want you can send it to me and i will hopefully get half an hour tomorrow night to test it out and get better idea as at the moment it's difficult to say when i havent seen screen shots of your tactic and players , not just their attributes but also their preferred moves..

regards
you can send me on priv i can test it

hi mate,

regards

send me your email in a private message and ill send you all the info and tactic also let me know what team youll be testing with soo i can put it in post:)

Hi again ,another update with some screenshots.

So i have been seeing on minimum 60% of the ball at the end of most matches and upto 67% during the match need to figure out why we lose it in the last ten mins.

I have also been trying to work on the pressing/pressure (six second rule), i have taken to putting "always close down" on every player except from GK and CBs in opposition instructions as i planned to limit the outcomes from us losing the ball.

The scenario that happens most with the pressing is that the opposition team pass it to the players i have selected not to close down (GK/CB) and this makes them panic and hoof it up the pitch to my midfield ,who then start a passing movement again or they really panic and put it out for a throw.

I think it is working well i shall try get a screenshot of the pressing up later . the SS below are of a recent match just showing basic stats and such.

As usual if anyone has any questions/tips please ask/tell.
View attachment 306106View attachment 306107

Hi again ,another update with some screenshots.

So i have been seeing on minimum 60% of the ball at the end of most matches and upto 67% during the match need to figure out why we lose it in the last ten mins.

I have also been trying to work on the pressing/pressure (six second rule), i have taken to putting "always close down" on every player except from GK and CBs in opposition instructions as i planned to limit the outcomes from us losing the ball.

The scenario that happens most with the pressing is that the opposition team pass it to the players i have selected not to close down (GK/CB) and this makes them panic and hoof it up the pitch to my midfield ,who then start a passing movement again or they really panic and put it out for a throw.

I think it is working well i shall try get a screenshot of the pressing up later . the SS below are of a recent match just showing basic stats and such.

As usual if anyone has any questions/tips please ask/tell.
View attachment 306106View attachment 306107

You should always close down every single player including the GK and CB just my opinion lol

You should always close down every single player including the GK and CB just my opinion lol

i am experimenting with your tactic at the moment i am concentrating on your 2 striker version for now.. I find setting your two wide forwards to man mark tight makes them close down opponents full backs and hurries them quicker also track back to win the ball.. this forces them to kick it long back to your cb to bring down and start another attack... also players with high team work and work rate wide work better , i also think too much creative freedom and conflicting preferred moves results in players ignoring your team instructions.. aim to have 2-3 players max run with the ball...these are good preferred moves are very good to have:

short simple passes
play one-twos
look to pass rather than shoot
dedicates tempo
run with ball less (apart from your best players, 2 at most 3 max)
un-train long shots..

i am experimenting with your tactic at the moment i am concentrating on your 2 striker version for now.. I find setting your two wide forwards to man mark tight makes them close down opponents full backs and hurries them quicker also track back to win the ball.. this forces them to kick it long back to your cb to bring down and start another attack... also players with high team work and work rate wide work better , i also think too much creative freedom and conflicting preferred moves results in players ignoring your team instructions.. aim to have 2-3 players max run with the ball...these are good preferred moves are very good to have:

short simple passes
play one-twos
look to pass rather than shoot
dedicates tempo
run with ball less (apart from your best players, 2 at most 3 max)
un-train long shots..

thanks:) also on my tactic i only have 3 players to run with ball lol

Keep up the good work:)

so hows the testing going geting close to how barca play?

so hows the testing going geting close to how barca play?

Testing is going good i think the tactic plays like barca but we arnt there yet! we currently have 7,8 or 9 something like that testers and just waiting for feedback on how to improve what works well and what doesn't ect ect. after iv received all the feedback ill tweak and change the tactic ill do some testing then ill get a few more testers to test the final final tactic sooo i can release screen shots from many different saves and then release the full tactic for everyone to enjoy:)

so is it going to work just for top clubs with the best player or do you think it could work with small clubs with **** players?

so is it going to work just for top clubs with the best player or do you think it could work with small clubs with **** players?

If the tactic can get any club to play like Barca then you sir are a genius.(K)

im trying to make it universal to work with lower clubs and top clubs hence the reason im testing with not soo good teams

If the tactic can get any club to play like Barca then you sir are a genius.(K)

Its never going to play just like barca as the match engine just simply isnt good enough and more than likely ont be for some years if ever

Back