Re-creating Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona tactic 2010-2011 tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter awalker14
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 117
  • Views Views 44K
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has being using any additional shout other than the obvious retain possession/work ball in to box ?

*When to use the LB or CDM as th 3rd CB (again this is simple, if the opponent has 2 players in the center zone then you need 3 players in the zone *note that messi position is considered a player in this central zone because he drops deep to create the famous rhombus in midfield and soo in this case the CDM would Stay back in the CB position. If the Opponent has 3 players in the central zone then you will need 4 players in that zone CDM, both CM and the messi Role ST and in the case you would use the LB to stay back) Im not sure if that makes any sense.

* when to play the CDM in a defensive roles or supportive roles (if the Opponent has 2 strikers CDM to play more defensive when Opponent has 1 striker play CDM in a more supportive roles.)

These things are impossible to implement in FM.

*When to use the LB or CDM as th 3rd CB (again this is simple, if the opponent has 2 players in the center zone then you need 3 players in the zone *note that messi position is considered a player in this central zone because he drops deep to create the famous rhombus in midfield and soo in this case the CDM would Stay back in the CB position. If the Opponent has 3 players in the central zone then you will need 4 players in that zone CDM, both CM and the messi Role ST and in the case you would use the LB to stay back) Im not sure if that makes any sense.

* when to play the CDM in a defensive roles or supportive roles (if the Opponent has 2 strikers CDM to play more defensive when Opponent has 1 striker play CDM in a more supportive roles.)

These things are impossible to implement in FM.

They aren't quite impossible.

The deeper mentality, roaming instruction and lack of runs means Messi will drop deep, though you may need to increase closing down. Also the CMD needs to have the drops deeper PPM and have no ppms that gets him forward

Second one is a simple case of changing the duty from defend to support

im trying to make it universal to work with lower clubs and top clubs hence the reason im testing with not soo good teams

There is no point in doing that. Alot of people are missing the point here. Barca do what they do because they have the right kind of players, there is not point creating it for a side that doesn't contain the type of players needed, which makes trying to adapt it for lower leagues relatively futile.

There is no point in doing that. Alot of people are missing the point here. Barca do what they do because they have the right kind of players, there is not point creating it for a side that doesn't contain the type of players needed, which makes trying to adapt it for lower leagues relatively futile.

i hear what your saying and you make a very good point:)

i hear what your saying and you make a very good point:)

Thats not to say dont stop, but a lower league midfield clogger cant be a xavi. If you looking for a "lesser" side to work with, Swansea is a perfect start.

How it goes to the testers?
I'm testing it with swindon right now and it goes really bad...

Thats not to say dont stop, but a lower league midfield clogger cant be a xavi. If you looking for a "lesser" side to work with, Swansea is a perfect start.

i think your right:) and the good news is i have 2 testers testing with swansea:)

I will be putting some screenshots up soon. However, this tactic needs to have the exact players for it to work as there are a lot of position swapping. But luckily I have Michu up top, who is able to as a centre midfielder.

Awalker14 i have had to do quite alot of changes to your tactic to work formy newcastle team to the point its looking alot different in shape, i have got the DMC to drop back alot of the time, but in doing so i seem to have lost some possession so it back to square one now to try and get that back somehow.. however i have noticed you swap ur DMC with the MC (xavi role) did you mean to do that? if you want your DMC to drop in line with your defenders this would mean Xavi in that role? really?? way too many players swapping in my opinion..

I will be putting some screenshots up soon. However, this tactic needs to have the exact players for it to work as there are a lot of position swapping. But luckily I have Michu up top, who is able to as a centre midfielder.

That is exactly the problem I'm having. Not all players are good at position swapping and it is currently not working in my Bayern Munich save. Ineffective strikers and non-tackling fullbacks just adds to my problems.

Awalker14 i have had to do quite alot of changes to your tactic to work formy newcastle team to the point its looking alot different in shape, i have got the DMC to drop back alot of the time, but in doing so i seem to have lost some possession so it back to square one now to try and get that back somehow.. however i have noticed you swap ur DMC with the MC (xavi role) did you mean to do that? if you want your DMC to drop in line with your defenders this would mean Xavi in that role? really?? way too many players swapping in my opinion..

ok:) soo dont swap positions lol sorry for lack in my response im very tired had a hard day at work and now i want to sleep lol

That is exactly the problem I'm having. Not all players are good at position swapping and it is currently not working in my Bayern Munich save. Ineffective strikers and non-tackling fullbacks just adds to my problems.

IF you stop playing positions and have your LW/RW and LB/RB to mark tightly that should help you:) also iv been told having the strategy set to overload works but i haven't seen the proof yet

Back