Re-Lighting the fire at Elland Road - A Leeds Story

Mckergan

Reaction score
View attachment 377641
Sky Sports News understands Brian Mcdermott has called a press conference for today at 3pm, it is not yet known what it will be about. More to follow...

Brian McDermott @ Leeds Press Conference

View attachment 377642
I sat there in the armchair unable to take my eyes away from the television. A very close friend of mine in football was about to take centre stage in a press conference that would be viewed by, probably millions of people around the world. And, i knew what was coming next having talked to him a few days before...

Brian entered the room and you could just about see him, camera lenses flashing non stop, reporters murmuring and asking questions before anything had begun.

Brian McDermott: "First of all, i would like to thank you all for coming to this very important press conference. Now, having talked to my family & friends, and most of all the board of this football club, it is with deepest regret..."

The murmurs had started again, and everyone knew what was coming next. You could hear people saying "Keep Quiet" in the background.

Brian McDermott: "It is with deepest regret, that i have decided to step down as manager of Leeds United Football Club"

Even though i had heard already from the man himself, it was still weird to hear it coming from his mouth. He was only in the job a couple of months and he's stepping down? The reporters were trying their hardest to get a word in with a question, and finally one did, the most important:

Reporters: Err, Brian, why are you stepping down as manager? Family reasons or...?

Brian McDermott: "No no, it's nothing to do with that. Well, as you all know, the Republic of Ireland manager (Giovanni Trapattoni) has also stepped down from his post due to health issues. Since then, there has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes with Leeds and the FAI (Football Federation of Ireland) to which they have reached an agreement for my services as manager. So, effective immediately i will be the new Republic of Ireland manager."

Now, that information i was not told. He's always said it was one of his goals to manage the Ireland national team, but for it to come around this soon is needless to say, a huge shock to the system.

Leeds Spokesperson: We would like to wish Brian all the best in his future endeavors with the Ireland national team and we do realise that this was one of his goals. We felt that it wouldn't of been the right thing to do had we of stood in his way.

Reporter: "Just out of curiosity, have you anyone in the frame for the vacant job here at Leeds then as has been said, you were aware of the ongoing situation with Brian?"

Leeds Spokesperson: "Yes, we actually do have a few targets in mind but it's something we would rather keep internal for now. As you seen with David Moyes leaving Everton in the summer he was asked an opinion on who he thinks should be appointed. The same happened in this situation.

Okay then folks, if that's all, that will conclude the press conference. As I'm sure you are all aware, we all have a lot of work to get on with."

Whoever is in the frame for the job is going to have a tough job on their hands. Leeds is never an easy club to go and manage, especially now with the fans demanding so much success before of their history...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please comment guys just so i know there is actually someone reading and I'm not talking to myself...

It won't always be like this by the way, it'll be a little less detailed but i will try and do a narrative part now and again

Thanks for reading if you are..& there will be a few more updates up soon.

View attachment 377995
A Leeds United Story

"C'mon lads, keep this going. Were 2 up here at half time. Don't let this slip away when we are so close"

It was the final in the amateur cup and we were 2-0 up in the final. Having completed my coaching badges just a few months ago i stepped into my first job. Look where it's got me? Coaching an amateur club having spent all that money trying to get back into the game having left it so early due to injuries. Was this really what i wanted from my life? Coaching a load of kids to become better in life. Take from it what i never could and make the step up, and who knows, become a professional in the sport. Of course it ******* was!! Even doing this for kids meant everything to me, it's what drove me to success in the first place. Nurturing young talent was what it was all about.

Whilst half dreaming, looking into the sky, the other side pulled a goal back. I know amateur football is suppose to be all about playing because you want to, and the "taking part". Screw that i wanted to win every game i played/managed in. We don't play to lose, we play to take what's ours.

Standing there at the sideline watching my team pass the ball around like we were Barcelona was jaw dropping, in just a few months, we had perfected a style, an image for our club. With that, the sound of the Star Wars theme tune sounded out, i could see everyone looking and laughing. I almost didn't want to go into my pocket and see what it was. To say it was embarrassing was to say the least. I didn't even look to see who it was, i just wanted the god **** theme song stopped. I gotta get around to changing that one of these days!

Me: Err, Hello?

Brian McDermott: Hey, it's me...Brian?

Me: Aw, how's it goin Brian? Hi, you didn't tell me you were taking the Ireland job?

Brian McDermott: Aye, sorry about that Steve, i had to keep it under wraps you know. I only told some of the family. I didn't want it getting out to the papers and all before the press conference. I wanted to be the one to give news.

Me: Never worry Bri, i won't hold it against you.

You could hear the chuckles in the background..

Brian McDermott: That's good because i was nearly ready to change my mind about you..

There was a strange sounding pause after he said that, something that scared me a little, and i wasn't sure if i wanted to hear what he said next...

Brian McDermott: I have lined up a interview for you, for the start of the week.

Little did i know what was to follow...

Brian McDermott: It's with Leeds, my old club.

Me: Sorry what, your going to have to repeat that?

Brian McDermott: You have an intervieeeewww this week with Leeds Uniteddd Footballll Club?

Me: Yeah i heard you, but what? How? I think your taking the **** mate...

Brian McDermott: I'm not, honestly. I know how much you want this. Basically as you know from the pressy the other day, it was announced they had asked me for an opinion on who i thought could take over from me, and i said you. Look mate, you have the qualifications and the knowledge to go out there and do something. You have it all stored up there. Tactical wise your spot on. You just need that ambition to go for it. I'm just giving you a nudge in the right direction...Look, atleast say you'll go to the interview and hear what they have to say, what have you got to lose?

Brian McDermott: Steve?...Steven...you still there?

Me: Ahh, yeah..I'm still in shock mate. I have no idea what to say. Thank you.

Brian McDermott: No worries, and you can thank me when you get the job. And oi, no trackies, dress for the occasion. Monday, 9am, sharp!

Me: I'll be there suit and tie mate, don't worry. Later.

Wait, what just happened? As i look beyond the white line in front of me i see an amateur football side playing great attacking football. Something any manager would be proud of, especially if their winning games. But to be offered the chance for an interview with Leeds United is beyond belief. It feels like a dream. A club just a few miles up the road wants me to be there Monday morning to discuss the clubs future.

Maybe, just maybe, the hard work and the debt has finally started to give something back.

To be continued...

View attachment 377996
A Leeds United Story

Brrinngggg Brrriinnggggg Brriiinggggggggggg...

I reached out my right arm and slammed my hand down on top of it to shut it off. Needless to say i wasn't a morning person.

I seen myself standing there laying out orders for the players dressed in the Leeds training kit at Thorp Arch but all of a sudden something weird happened. Darth Vader was walking on to the pitches to the theme song. And it hit me...

****, i must of feel asleep. I reached for my phone to check the time, 8.30am. My interview was at 9am. I was never going to make it. If i was to make this interview, i would have to get a move on. This could be life changing, and I've fell asleep at the most critical moment.

A quick shower, dressed and i was off. It was only five minutes up the road, but it was coming closer to the time. It was just about 10 to 9 and i still wasn't there. What if they don't think I'm coming?

I fast approached Elland Road, going past the statue of Billy Bremner and i think it just dawned on me how big this club actually was that i was about to step into. Not in terms of actual appeal but from my perspective. I was about to walk into what used to be one of the biggest clubs in the Premiership.

Finally in a parking space, a looked up at the stadium in awe of what was before my eyes despite having very little time to do so, but i wanted to take it all in. The feel for the place, smelling the history behind this giant in football. It was my time, my time is NOW!

Pushing through the double doors into reception, the size of the place hit me hard, it was massive. With little time to stop and look i made my way to the front desk.

Me: Hello, I'm here for an interview at 9?

Receptionist: Ah, you must be Steven, take a seat please, I'll let Mr.Haigh know your here.

Me: No problem, thank you.

I must have sat there for what felt like a couple of hours, going over in my head what questions i thought they'd ask, my answers, how i was going to say them. Would any words actually come out. My brain was fried with thoughts roaming through it. I was putting myself through torture here.

Receptionist: Mr.Haigh is ready for you now. Just go down the corridor right there, and it's the third door on your left.

Walking down the corridor, i was trying to give myself a pep talk of sorts, to try and phys myself up for it. I stood there right at the door, and i don't know what came over me, but i gave myself a slap on the face. If nothing else it woke me up if i was still half sleeping. I gave a look to my left and then to the right...and there was someone standing there, staring at me, eyes fixated, almost to say, what the **** did you just do? It was something i couldn't think about at the minute.

I gave a gentle knock on the door, and a few seconds later it opened, only to be greeted by Mr. Haigh himself.

Mr.Haigh: Hi, you must be Steven? Here for the interview about the vacancy?

Me: Yes i am. Thanks for having me.

Mr.Haigh: Would you like a drink, water maybe?

Me: No I'm fine thanks..

Mr.Haigh: Okay then. So, as you know, you're here on Brian McDermott's recommendation as he has left us and will be joining the Ireland national team effective immediately, so we need someone who can step in and give us that stability. What makes you think this person is you?

Me: Well, as i am sure you are aware i have completed all of my coaching badges, from first to last. I think this proves that i will never give up on anything until it is complete. As regards, this football club, it will be complete when you/we are conquering England/Europe.

Mr.Haigh: I see Steven. But why should we look to you instead of our other candidates to take us there?

Me: With me, i believe you have a manager willing to learn. A guy who will still with this club through thick and thin and never turns it back. I may not be someone with experience but I'm someone who given the chance, i believe can make a real go of it and bring this club success. And, on top of that, I'm a British manager.

Mr.Haigh: I can tell you've thought about your answers a lot. You seem to be well prepared.

Me: I have, this a job i really want. Fair enough if you think i don't have enough experience or whatever, but the way i see it, to get experience you have to be given a chance, and that's all I'm asking for here.

Mr.Haigh: Okay. Well i think that's all for now if I'm honest. We'll be in touch regarding your application and let you know in due course.

Me: Thanks again, and i appreciate the opportunity.

I left the room feeling i done myself atleast some justice and Brian for that matter. I was never really good at interviews and no doubt he was wondering what the large red mark on the side of face was when he first seen me but there was nothing more i could do now, except for sit and wait, and wait is what i did..

To be continued...

View attachment 378327
View attachment 378328
MCKERGAN PENS 1 YEAR DEAL AT ELLAND ROAD

View attachment 378329

"Sky Sports News understand Steven Mckergan of Northern Ireland has penned a 1 year deal to replace Brian McDermott at Leeds United. It is thought Mckergan and McDermott are fairly close and this may be the reason that swayed the boards decision in appointing the new man.

Mckergan was born in the city of Londonderry and is only 26. This makes him the youngest manager in the football league in England.

Mckergan has only completed his full set of coaching badges including the UEFA A License, one of the most coveted qualifications in football to this day."

An Official Club Statement Read:

"We are delighted to have Mr.McKergan on board here at this fantastic club. We were very impressed with his determination and drive to succeed as well as his qualifications in the game. We look forward to having an impressive campaign working with Mckergan and his backroom team."

As you can probably tell by now, i got that call i was waiting for to come back for talks about a contract and to lay out the goals for the season ahead and everything went well. A 1 year contract to prove my worth and all being well, an extension at the end of my tenure.

The only downside from this though was the press, it read: it is thought Mckergan and McDermott are fairly close and this may be the reason that swayed the boards decision. I thought i was the one who went to the interview, proved i was capable, fair enough he gave me a push in the right direction, got me the interview, but i did all of the things above. It was time to prove my worth to the board, the fans, and most of all the press..

However, to say i was delighted would be an understatement, the chance of managing one of the biggest clubs in England was going to be a challenge, but a challenge i was ready for!

To be continued:

Last edited:
Who are Leeds United?

View attachment 378336

Leeds United Football Club Background

Founded in 1919, Leeds United are an English Club playing their trade in the Sky Bet Championship.
The club play their home games at Elland Road, something they have done since they were founded. It is the 12th largest ground in England and the 2nd largest outside of the Barclays Premier League. Leeds' training ground is called Thorp Arch and it also where the reserve team play their games.

Currently owned by GFH Capital (Gulf Finance House) who bought the club from Ken Bates on 21st December 2012. Ken Bates is now
acting as president of the club with David Haigh taking over Ken Bates' previous job of chairman.

Leeds United Football Club enjoyed their best spell in the 1970's although they are now without a trophy for over 20 years having not won a competition since 1992. However they still have a history for which they can be very proud. Leeds finished runners up in the Champions League in 1975, won the English top division in 1969, 1974, 1992 and are also five-time runners up. They also finished Cup Winners Cup runner up and won the Europa League in 1968 & 1971 and also finished runners up on one occasion.

Club Details

View attachment 378332Media Prediction for the season: 8th

Elland Road

View attachment 378333Followed by over 37,000 it's one of the top clubs in England!

The 3 Kits for season 12/13

View attachment 378334
And finally, the trophy cabinet

View attachment 378335
There's two things up there that need changed the most. Under club details - Continental Competition - to return Leeds to a powerhouse in Europe and the one above, the trophy cabinet. No doubt it needs added to and it's something I'm aiming to do without a doubt.

Let the games begin!

Last edited:
enjoying this, very nicely done. and has a leeds united fan myself, looking forward to seeing where you go with this!
goodluck.

View attachment 378548

Leeds United Squad 12/13

View attachment 378559
A fairly decent squad to be honest, and by the looks of things, it will only need strengthened in certain areas. Squad players are probably a must as we'll need a bit more depth with the amount of games. Some loan signings are probably the way forward here. In the full back areas we have two potentially world class players in Sam Byram and Aidan White both of which are fairly capable of putting in a shift now, especially Sam. If i was being really picky about the squad, then i would look to strengthen at:

1. [*=center]Centre Back

[*=center]Defensive Midfielder

[*=center]Right & Left Midfield

However, with the shortage of funds it's going to be hard getting the right players in. Below are the 2 youngsters.

Aidan White

View attachment 378560

Sam Byram
View attachment 378561

The Key Men

Paddy Kenny
View attachment 378568

Rodolph Austin
View attachment 378567

Noel Hunt
View attachment 378566

These are the 3 key players in our side for this season. First of all Paddy Kenny - one of the best keepers in the Sky Bet Championship, and he'll have to prove it this season if we are to push ourselves up the table. Next, Rodolph Austin - a guy who works non-stop until he hears the final whistle, he'll set the standard for the rest of the lads. Noel Hunt - another guy who doesn't stop until he hears the final whistle and will set the standard for harrying the opponents on the ball. Defending from the front as i like to call it.

I could of included a few more in here, the likes of McCormack could of also been included.

With a couple of new faces, hopefully we can push up the table and grab a play-off spot..

enjoying this, very nicely done. and has a leeds united fan myself, looking forward to seeing where you go with this!
goodluck.

I thought you were when i seen the name. Thanks for reading, appreciate it mate :)

Pre Season Fixtures & Results &
Transfers thus far:

We had a fairly straight forward pre season in the sense that i expected to win most games, some more comfortably than others but as you know, that never happens.

View attachment 378637
A straight forward game against the reserves in which we dominated from start to finish which was to be expected.

Leeds vs Leeds Reserves

Result: 7:1
N.Hunt (2,26,30), El-Hadji Diouf(10), L.Varney (35,42,45+2)

View attachment 378636
Next, we were up against Dunfermline, a club with it's own problems financially and it was a game we were expected to win despite being away from Elland Road

Dunfermline vs Leeds

Result: 1:3
R.McCormack (38,55), S.Byram(81)

View attachment 378635
Our next opposition was Stockport, a team currently playing their football in the Blue Square Bet North, now known as Skrill North. We came through this one fairly comfortably, however our two best strikers Hunt and McCormack picked up knocks that will put them out for a month and a few days respectively. This was to be another game played away from home. This was also a game were two of our debutants scored. Matty Taylor formally of West Ham & Giannis Fetfatzidis previously of Olympiacos.

Stockport vs Leeds
Result: 1:3
N.Hunt (3), M.Taylor(43), G.Fetfatzidis(78)

View attachment 378634
Another away tie against yet another opposition in the lower leagues. Bath. We ran out of this comfortable winners and weren't really tested and the result shows it.

Bath vs Leeds
Result: 0:4
L.Varney (3,37) T.Lees(60) M.Smith (79)

View attachment 378633
This was our first proper challenge with Peterborough having only been relegated from the Championship last season and we crumbled. It simply wasn't a good enough performance. Even though we got our shots away we simply couldn't finish them. We hit the woodwork several times too. We need to be performing better away from home.

Peterborough vs Leeds
Result: 2:0
None

View attachment 378632
This really was a major test for the lads to come against and it's our final pre season game before the new season kicks off. Fiorentina played a full strength side with the likes of Mario Gomez stepping out onto Elland Road. We went 1:0 up but Adem Lljaic scored an amazing free kick to peg it back to 1:1. A fairly good result given the strength of the opposition and we matched them kick for kick.

Leeds vs Fiorentina
Result: 1:1
M.Smith (68)

All in all it was a fairly good pre season. It allowed me to see what the team was like and what certain players played like. We do still need to fill some holes in the squad and it showed during these games, without our two best strikers we really struggled in the last two games for putting our chances away. It might be something i look into.

Stand out player of pre season:

View attachment 378659
The 18 year old played some great football from right back and got on the scoresheet in the process. A real push to try and get into the first team.

Transfer Activity

View attachment 378660
A pretty busy transfer market so far and we've only just finished pre season with 5 players incoming and 4 going out, 3 of which are on loan. Players signed are in more detail below:

Matty Taylor (West Ham - Loan)
View attachment 378661
One of our astute loan buys from a Premiership club. We were in desperate need of a left midfielder. Although his Pace/Acceleration isn't great, he makes up for it with his Crossing stats. He'll slot into that left side perfectly. His competition will be Luke Varney who had a great pre season.

Dedryck Boyata (Man City - Loan)
View attachment 378662
The young Belgian will provide some much needed back up in the Central Defence area. If one of Tom Lees or Jason Pearce gets injured he'll fill in nicely and i believe can do a good job. Would of liked to have someone more permanent but there's no-one really about for the funds that i have at my disposal.

Giannis Fetfatzidis (1m - Olympiacos)
View attachment 378663
A young Greek winger who can play anywhere across the front 3 and at a young age can only develop. We did need our attacking positions filled so he adds that bit of depth we so desperately needed as the games will come thick and fast. Probably not a player for now, but he can only improve and he impressed in pre season.

Tom Hateley (Free)
View attachment 378664
This was a player i wasn't really sure about at a stage but i came to my senses. The opportunity of snapping him up on a free tempted me enough. The only real downfall is his pace/Acceleration and his Positioning but all of that can be worked on. His competition will be Sam Byram, and judging by Sam's performances in pre season, he's going to have to impress straight away.

Tom Carroll (Spurs - Loan)
View attachment 378667
Tom isn't really a player who's going to improve us but Spurs wanted him out on loan so we took him off their hands. He won't play any important games but he'll get a few games in the cup etc and when were winning by clear margins, if i trust him that is.

To be continued..

Great start mate nicely laid out ! I have a soft spot for Leeds so ill defo follow

Great start mate nicely laid out ! I have a soft spot for Leeds so ill defo follow

Thanks mate, appreciate the follow..never been them before and never managed in the championship so it's a challenge..

View attachment 378670
LEEDS UNITED ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

View attachment 378686

"Leeds United Football Club are delighted to announce a new found partnership with Tottenham Hotspur. Under the partnership agreed, Tottenham will be able to send players on loan to Leeds. The players wage will be paid in full by Tottenham and Leeds will be under no obligation to play the player. The player in question may be re-called at anytime during the loan spell.

Leeds will host an annual friendly during pre season between the two teams, during which all gate receipts are to be kept by Leeds.

Tottenham have already sent one player on loan to Leeds for the season in Tom Carroll under this agreement."

View attachment 378685
MCKERGANS' MEN DRAWN AWAY TO FLEETWOOD IN CAPITAL ONE CUP 1ST ROUND

Sky Sports News caught up with McKergan earlier today and he had this to say regarding the fixture:

"Listen, there's no easy games in football. We've had a decent pre season and we will have to prepare in the correct way for this game. Were taking nothing for granted. Fleetwood have gained two successive promotions in two seasons as far as i can remember, so they're going to be up for this and try to cause an upset. It's up to us to not let that happen."

The fixtures for the first round of the competition will be played on Wednesday 15th August

Good start mate, i have been keeping an eye on Sam Byram in my Arsenal save what has he looked like for you so far?

Good start mate, i have been keeping an eye on Sam Byram in my Arsenal save what has he looked like for you so far?

Cheers, yeah he's playing well, pretty much a nailed down starter and he seems to be improving well..

View attachment 379436

August Fixtures & Results

Leeds dump Fleetwood out of Capital One Cup and draw Derby County

Mckergan's away form lets him down in league

Former Leeds player re-united with team

View attachment 379456
A very straight forward match against Fleetwood in the Capital One Cup first round in a match we were clear favourites. The only real problem going into this game was we were without our two top strikers. Noel Hunt & Ross McCormack.

Capital One Cup 1st Round
Fleetwood vs Leeds
1:3
Matt Smith (16), Luke Varney (52), Jason Pearce (84)

View attachment 379459
A very fiesty affair against one of our rivals in the opening game of the season. We came into this game as underdogs and were without our two top strikers again with McCormack out for 4 months.

Sky Bet Championship
Millwall vs Leeds
2:1
Jason Pearce (67) Rodolph Austin Sent Off (81)

View attachment 379467
Our first match at home and it'll be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Both teams had a man sent off, that's 2 in 2 games now. We dominated possession and shots on target and we still couldn't find a win. Goalscoring is starting to become a bit of a problem.

Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Barnsley
2:2
Matt Smith (25), Michael Brown (pen 60) El-Hadji Diouf Sent Off (39)

View attachment 379477
This was a game that was a bit like a yo-yo/roller coaster, we were 2:1 up at half time and ended up throwing it away. We managed to claw it back to 3:3 with a few minutes left and they went up the pitch and scored in the 90th. Yet again, our away form lets us down.

Sky Bet Championship
Sheff Wed vs Leeds
4:3
Luke Varney (2), Stephen Warnock (45), Michael Brown (88)

LEEDS SIGN FORMER PLAYER MINUTES BEFORE CAPITAL ONE CUP MATCH AGAINST DERBY!
View attachment 379482Luciano Becchio - Former Leeds Player

View attachment 379483
A real quality match. We dominated from start to finish limiting them to 2 shots all game none of which were on target and they were above us in the league. I feared the worst when we had a man sent off but it didn't seem to hinder our player. The first game i truly felt we played to our potential. Luciano Becchio scored on his debut, finally a half decent striker while McCormack recovers from injury to partner Noel Hunt.

Capital One Cup 2nd Round
Leeds vs Derby
4:0
Noel Hunt (6), Luke Murphy (13), Luciano Becchio (56), Luke Varney (59), Rodolph Austin Sent Off (9)

Sky Bet Championship League Table

View attachment 379484
Were pretty much one game ahead here as i forgot to take the screenshot before the end of the month. So, yeah, 15th and we definitely need to improve. We've been lacking a bit away from home but hopefully we can improve on that. With my tactics still being learned we couldn't really expect too much in the first month of the season.

Player of the Month

View attachment 379486Jason Pearce - 5 Apps - 2 Goals

View attachment 379547

September Fixtures & Results

Leeds dumped out of Capital One Cup by Everton after extra time
Mckergan's men still struggle away from home
Leeds hammered by Blackburn

View attachment 379548
An easy win in a game were we dominated the newly relegated side still featuring a very strong team.

Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Wigan
2:0
Giannis Fetfatzidis(21), Jason Pearce (47)

View attachment 379550
Both teams started this game down near the bottom half and if Bolton won, they'd overtake us in the league. They didn't and we pushed up the league.

Sky Bet Championship
Bolton vs Leeds
0:1
Luciano Becchio (24)

View attachment 379551
Burnley were in 2nd place whenever we came up against them so they were in good form. However, we played very well and can only be disappointed with this result. We were 1-0 down until 10 minutes were left, and Becchio got us the draw when it should of been more.

Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Burnley
1:1
Luciano Becchio (81)

View attachment 379557
Blackburn were doing well in the league and were occupying a place in the play-off places and the difference in quality definitely showed. We got absolutely hammered in this one and barely had a shot on target. A very disappointing performance and one that everyone will want to forget.

Sky Bet Championship
Blackburn vs Leeds
5:0
None

View attachment 379558
The lads were told the pressure was off before this game and they played like it. In a game were we had 3 Clear Cut Chances we could of easily knocked the premiership side out of the cup but it wasn't to be. We were beat in extra time and the quality of finishing was different class.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round
Everton vs Leeds
2:0 AET
None

View attachment 379559
Our final game of the month saw us take on Blackpool, a team we were never expected to beat and we were the underdogs. Before this game i felt a team meeting was what was needed to get the lads up for it and it worked. Matt Smith grabbing both goals and getting sent off in an unusual start.

Sky Bet Championship
Blackpool vs Leeds
1:2
Matt Smith (11),(83) Sent Off (90)

View attachment 379560
Another month and we haven't really moved that much in terms of places. We could drop another place depending on the Reading & Wigan game. We need to get our act together if we want to push into the Play-Off places, but that's being a bit ambitious i think. If we can pick up our away form though anything can happen.

Player of the Month

View attachment 379567
Luciano Becchio - Earned us 4 points with his goals this month

Some mixed results in there mate. Overall you have a nice layout, but maybe make the (text) final score a little larger? Just a suggestion as it's a little small but other than that it's nice man. Hopefully your results pick up soon :)

Some mixed results in there mate. Overall you have a nice layout, but maybe make the (text) final score a little larger? Just a suggestion as it's a little small but other than that it's nice man. Hopefully your results pick up soon :)

Cheers for the feedback mate, i'll give it a go in the next update and you can see what you think then sure ;)

Yeah, results could be a lot better, it's our away form thats messing us up really..

Might have another one up tonight..

View attachment 379573

October Fixtures & Results

Leeds finally click into gear
Becchio shows fans what they're missing at Norwich

View attachment 379575
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Reading
4:1
Matty Taylor (pen 5,77), Luke Varney (39) Rodolph Austin (48)

View attachment 379576
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Brighton
3:0
Dedryck Boyata (19), Luke Varney (77), Luciano Becchio (80)

View attachment 379577
Sky Bet Championship
Notts Forest vs Leeds
2:3
Luciano Becchio (60,69) Paul Green (74)

View attachment 379578
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Birmingham
1:0
Noel Hunt (57)

View attachment 379579
Sky Bet Championship
Middlesbrough vs Leeds
1:3
Noel Hunt (77), Luciano Becchio (82,88)

View attachment 379580
Sky Bet Championship
Leeds vs Doncaster
2:0
Matty Taylor(pen 77), Luciano Becchio(84)

View attachment 379581
Sky Bet Championship
Watford vs Leeds
0:2
Matty Taylor(pen 23), Luciano Becchio(55)

October Summary

Overall, it's been a fantastic month for us. At the beginning of the month i realised i needed to change something, i dropped Tom Lees and replaced him with Derdyck Boyata. Now, whether this was the reason we went on a winning streak is another story, but since that change we've been solid and he's the 3rd highest rated player in the team. I'm guessing the majority of my injured players coming back to fitness also helped in a big way. These results have seen us climb the table rather dramatically and i see this season being very tight.

View attachment 379583
As you can see, were sitting rather nicely in the promotion places, somewhere i didn't really expect to be but with our run of form i can only say we deserve to be there. The championship is a hard league were anyone can take points off each other. The more suprising team would be Birmingham, sitting bottom of the table after 15 games into the season although they do have two games in hand over most teams.

October Player of the Month

View attachment 379584
Dedryck Boyata - Solid CB

This player of the month could of really went to a number of players because of our form. It could easily of went to, Becchio, Matty Taylor or Giannis Fetfatzidis, they all played amazingly well this past month to help us remain unbeaten.

That a bit better mate?