Matt12345

Reaction score
View attachment 261776

Why Real Betis?

I saw that Betis had slipped to the second tier of Spanish football and haven't really been an established Liga BBVA team for a few years now. I decided to try and bring them back to glory and hopefully add to the one league title they already have!

Aims - Short Term/Long Term

The aim for the first season has to be promotion as we are expected to win the league by the media and the board alike. Although the transfer kitty is empty, the squad should be strong enough to compete for promotion straight away. In the long term, I hope to compete alongside the likes of Barcelona, Real and Atletico Madrid for the Spanish title as well as compete with the giants of the game in Europe. I also want to grow the club off the pitch aswell by improving the training and youth facilities, building a new stadium as the current stadium was first opened in 1929, and making them one of the richest clubs in the world. Finally, I want to use our facilities and youth system to our advantage. I prefer to bring youngsters through the system, so will aim to do that rather than spend money bringing players in.

Facilities

View attachment 261788

We are well set for a second tier team compared to some other teams in the division. A 52,500 seater stadium will allow good revenue to enter the club each home game. It is quite an old stadium though so maybe a new stadium in the future? We are in a great position with 'Impressive Training Facilities', 'Good Youth Facilities' and 'Established Youth Recruitment'.

History

View attachment 261784

We have one BBVA title to our names but that was way back in 1935, so that is something we will hopefully change, but it may be a few years before we are competing with the big boys. We also have two Spanish Cup victories.

Finances

View attachment 261783

We are in a good financial position, we are not spending any money in this window so the coming months should solidify our position. We are projected to finish the season slightly in the red but I am not too worried as we should receive income in other areas to compensate.

Squad

View attachment 261782

We have a talented squad that should be challenging for promotion from the get go and a squad that is good enough for the BBVA. We have no money in the kitty so will stick with this group of players for the whole first season.

Real Betis B

View attachment 261778

There is alot of potential in our 'B' team and with some game time and the right training, a few of these should be competing for first team places in the future.

If I fail at Real Betis?

Hopefully all will go well and I can complete all my aims and targets will Betis, however, I might not be so lucky. If I start this save poorly and end up getting sacked I will carry on documenting this save and try to save the career.

Last edited:
Good luck with Betis! not many people go with them but the youth looks great!

View attachment 261592

End of Pre-Season Update

Youth Facilities Uprade!

View attachment 261591

Starting off with the great news that the board is going to spend £1,000,000 upgrading our youth facilities. I was surprised that the board agreed to this so early, especially as we are still in the second tier but it is great news for our youngsters.

Fixtures

View attachment 261583

So here are our pre-season results. I am really happy with our pre-season, there are some really positive signs for the season ahead. We only conceded 1 goal out of 8 games. Hopefully we can take this defensive solidarity into the season. Admittedly, these are not the hardest fixtures you will see, but they are great confidence boosters and the squad morale is extremely high going into our first game against Sabadell. I am extremely happy with the 3-1 win over Olympiakos, we played some really good football and deserved to beat the Greek side.

Competition Expectations

View attachment 261586

I think these expectations are fair, we are expected to win the league and gain promotion which should be achievable with the squad we have. We are also expected to get to the fifth round of the Spanish Cup.

Season Ticket Sales

View attachment 261584

We sold 36,000 season tickets, which is a huge amount for a Liga Adelante and a great source of income. As we are not spending any money on transfers this season, this should boost our financial position nicely.

Notes

I will be updating every month or so, I will be showing every game unlike Pre-Season but I felt that it wasn't that important. I will show a report of all competitive fixtures with a League Table in every update. Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
If I fail at Real Betis?

Failure is not an option ¬¬

Betis has indoubtably the best offense in Liga Adelante (the tandem RC24 (Rubén Castro)-Jorge Molina is simply devastating and Vincenzo Rennella should be a decent replacement once their stats start to plummet due to age), sadly their defense leaves a lot to be desired.

We have a more than decent youth academy (We're not Sporting Gijón, Las Palmas or Barça but our kids aren't half bad) and actually we happened to have a more than interesting youth batch that should help you greatly once they mature: Dani Ceballos, Álvaro Vadillo (when he's not injured that is), Sergio, José Antonio Caro, Francisco Varela...), so be sure to take that your advantage.

Also it's worth mentioning that Rennella will attract interest from Série A teams, try not to sell him since you'll need him... Maybe not this year, but you'll definitely need him for the aforementioned reasons.

Good luck and remember: Viva er Betis manque pierda. (It's our motto and it would be translated as "Long life to Betis even when it loses".)

Thank you! I am loving Betis at the moment. As you said, the attackers are devastating in this league. I can't wait to grow some youngsters and eventually get them into the first team. Rennella has had a great start as you will see in the next update, I definitely want to keep hold of him. Cheers, loving this save at the moment!

View attachment 261575

End of September Update

We have had an amazing start to the season and we are living up to everyone's expectations by picking up 18 points out of a possible 18 and ensuring our name was in the hat for the third round of the Spanish Cup.

Fixtures

View attachment 261574

Sabadell 1-3 Real Betis
We started off the season really well and picked up 3 points away to Sabadell. It was important to start the season with a win and set the tone for the season ahead. Vadillo, Castro and Torres were on the scoresheet.

View attachment 261573

Real Betis 2-0 Numancia
We then had our first home game of the season and bagged another 3 points. We took an early lead in the first ten minutes through Rennella but then suffered a setback as Matilla was shown the red card on the 11th minute. We managed to grab a second four minutes later and showed a disciplined performance to hold onto the lead until the final whistle.

View attachment 261571

Ponferradina 0-2 Real Betis

A great away performance and 9 points out of 9 as we brushed aside Ponferradina. We were always favourites for this game and we showed why as Castro and Portillo both scored in a 2-0 win. A real mature away win with a clean sheet as a bonus.

View attachment 261570

Real Zaragoza 0-3 Real Betis (Spanish Cup 2nd Round)
We were drawn up against a decent side in Zaragoza for the second round of the Spanish Cup but our tactic is starting to take shape here and we are starting to dominate games. A real class performance by Rennella saw him score a hat-trick and the man of the match award.

View attachment 261569

Real Betis 4-0 Albacete
Back to the league and my plan to turn the Benito Villamarin into a fortress was working. A dominant performance, playing great football and scoring great goals. Vadillo, Portillo, Castro and Rodas were the scorers and we kept a fourth consecutive clean sheet in all competitions.

View attachment 261568

Girona 0-2 Real Betis
Another league game and another clean sheet. We dominated proceedings from the first whistle to the last, Rennella and Figueras were the two scorers. The stats summed events up as we had 27 shots compare to their 5.

View attachment 261567

Real Betis 2-0 Mirandes
Our last game of september and we kept our 100% record in the league and made it six consecutive games without conceding. Two goals from Castro capped off a great start to the season for him and the team. Another obliteration in the stats as we had 25 shots and Mirandes just 1.

View attachment 261566

Liga Adelante as of 01/10/2014
We are currently sitting on the top with a 100% record which is shared with Las Palmas. We have made a great start but it will not be a walk in the park as there are other serious contenders for promotion to the BBVA. Although it is still early days there are currently five teams that haven't lost in their first five/six games.

View attachment 261565

Summary

We have had a really positive start to the season, I was expecting us to do well, but not as dominant as we have been. Seven wins out of seven, six clean sheets. We are making a statement to everyone and showing what we want to achieve this year and in the future. We need to gain promotion this year or I think we will lose all of our best players and be forced to go through a period of rebuilding. Hopefully we can carry on this great form and return to the Liga BBVA. On a side note we have made a few changes staff wise, I wanted to release staff that weren't good enough and bring in better coaches to allow our players to reach their potential. Also, Ruben Castro has become Real Betis' top goalscorer with 79 goals surpassing previous record holder Poli Rincon.

View attachment 261564View attachment 261563

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Good month(s)
6 matches, 6 victories, only 1 goal conceded.

Also good job against Zaragoza, they should be once of the fiercest competitors for promotion spots so that 3-0 in La Romareda is a fantastic result (just make sure to do it again when you play against them in Liga Adelante, since anything that grants you goal average against a direct rival is definitely good news).

October will be a tough month with those matches against Valladolid and Las Palmas (twice!), since they're also competitors for promotion and have one heck of a squad for Liga Adelante's standards (specially Las Palmas, they probably have the second best offense in the whole division: Sergio Araújo, Alfredo Ortuño and Jonathan Viera are beasts for Liga Adelante's standards).

Keep up the good work ^^

Thank you for following this. Really happy with the start we have had. Las Palmas and Valladolid will be huge games. We have only dropped 2 points between us. We don't seem to have any problem scoring, our defence is tight aswell, cannot wait to carry on this save. I will update again soon!

View attachment 261463

Mid November Update

Our phenomenal start to the Liga Adelante has continued and I am utterly shocked at how good this Betis team is. I was expecting a close battle for promotion but if we carry on like this we will obliterate the competition.

Fixtures

View attachment 261462

Real Valladolid 0-1 Real Betis
This was a massive game, it was 1st v 3rd and this signaled our intent for the season ahead. Valladolid had a brilliant start only dropping two points in the first six games. I would have settled for a point away from home but we had a fantastic game and came away with all three. Hector Rodas got the only goal of the game.

View attachment 261461

Real Betis 2-0 Las Palmas
Another vital game to our season as the top two teams in the division battled it out. We picked up a huge three points here, Las Palmas are probably our main rivals for promotion so to grab the win was important. Another clean sheet makes it 8 in a row. Rennella's brilliant season continues with a brace.

View attachment 261456

Real Betis 2-1 Las Palmas AET (Spanish Cup 3rd Round)
We faced Las Palmas for the second time in four days grabbed another victory to set up a 4th round tie against Eibar. We got slightly lucky in this game and didn't necessarily deserve the win. We didn't play as well as we have been of late. Ruben Castro got a brace in this game including the winner in extra time.

View attachment 261454

Leganes 0-2 Real Betis
Back to the league and another clean sheet and victory. This time a 2-0 away win against Leganes. We were always favourites for this game and lived up to expectations. Portillo and Torres with the goals in this one.

View attachment 261449

Real Betis 3-0 Recreativo de Huelva
A big home win, I rested some key players in this one and played some players that hadn't had alot of game time this season and they didn't disappoint. N'Diaye picked up two goals and Castro got the third. We played some really good football in this game and the clean sheet is again, a bonus.

View attachment 261448

Osasuna 1-3 Real Betis
Again, I can't complain, a brilliant display away from home. Running out of superlatives, Figueras and Matilla were the goalscorers along with an OG. 19 shots to 7 and nearly 60% possession, our tactic is taking hold now and we are dominating this league.

View attachment 261447

Real Betis 3-0 Barcelona 'B'
Our final game of this update sees us continue our 100% record. A solid attacking display saw us take 33 shots. Figueras opened the scoring and Castro added two later in the game.

View attachment 261444

Liga Adelante as of 09/11/2014
We are still sitting pretty at the top of the table with a nine point lead over Valladolid and Las Palmas. We have unbelievably won all nine of our league encounters as well as our two cup games. When I first took over Betis, I noticed that the defence was somewhat weaker than our offense, when I set up the tactic I decided to focus on defensive solidarity and hoped the attack would take care of itself and luckily that has proven to be a good decision.

View attachment 261441

Squad

View attachment 261433

Summary

Our fantastic start has continued and I can't quite believe how well we are doing. We are dominating every game we play, these are really good signs if we get promoted, I think this squad could compete with some teams in the BBVA. We have had some interest from bigger clubs for some of our players and I think that will be the hardest part of this save, keeping hold of the top players/youngsters.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Another impressive two months where the club keeps steamrolling its way to Liga BBVA (how it should be ^^ ).
Good results against Valladolid, Las Palmas and Osasuna (club that is doing a disappointing performance in real life but solid squad and more than decent budget).

About Copa del Rey... Nice victory against Las Palmas, and Eibar should be quite an feasible opponent to beat despite being in division higher than us (heck, we have better team, more budget and 10 times more capacity crowd than them).

.P.S.: Oustanding performance of both Sabadell and Alcorcón by the way.

Looks like I picked a very good team! I am just trying to enjoy it while it lasts because I know next season will get so much harder. Very happy with the wins against the bigger teams in the league. That's exactly what I was thinking about Eibar, I believe they are 19th at the moment so fingers crossed we can carry on our cup run.

Will update as soon as possible. I made an update but couldn't post it as it said it was denied for too many links? Does anyone know how I get around this? Thanks.

View attachment 260974

Mid January Update

We have carried on our fantastic start to the season and are now looking like the favourites to go up. In this update I will show you all the fixtures up to mid January including a Spanish Cup tie against Real Madrid.

Fixtures

View attachment 260975

Zaragoza 0-1 Real Betis
The first game in this update was a very mature away win at Zaragoza. Zaragoza are one of the decent teams in the league and so I would have settled for a point being away but we put in a solid shift and came away with all three. Ruben Castro picked up the only goal of the game in this one.

View attachment 260973

Real Betis 0-0 Alaves
We finally lost our 100% record in a tough game against Alaves. We deserved all three and completely dominated the game from start to finish, we just struggled to get the ball in the back of the net. We had 32 shots but struggled to convert.

View attachment 260972

Llagostera 0-2 Real Betis
Another dominant performance but this time we found the net and won the game as a result. Two goals from Betis' top goalscorer Ruben Castro sealed the deal.

View attachment 260971

Real Betis 2-0 Eibar (Spanish Cup 4th Round 1st Leg)
We came into this game against Eibar(Liga BBVA) full of confidence as we were still unbeaten in the league and had done well so far in the cup. Eibar were struggling in the league and were lacking motivation. This showed as we picked up a 2-0 victory with Figueras and Portillo scoring the goals.

View attachment 260970

Real Betis 4-1 Mallorca
A great game and a great performance by all the players. Nearly has another clean sheet but for a late consolation by Mallorca. Our goals were scored by Vadillo, Martinez 2 and Matilla as we increased our lead at the top of the table.

View attachment 260969

Lugo 0-3 Real Betis
Another three points on the board as we sweep aside Lugo. We played a 'weaker' side in this game in preparation of the second leg against Eibar. Molina and Castro 2 were on the scoresheet for this one.

View attachment 260968

Eibar 1-2 Real Betis (Spanish Cup 4th Round 2nd Leg)
We sealed the deal and made sure our name was in the hat for the fifth round with a 2-1 win. This was more than just a win in a cup game, it proved that we deserve to be competing at a higher level. Castro and Figueras were the two goalscorers.

View attachment 260967

Real Betis 4-0 Racing Club
We scored 4 goals and had 33 shots as we continued to make Benito Villamarin a fortress. The goals were scored by Castro 2, Portillo and Martinez as promotion is looking ever more likely.

View attachment 260966

Alcorcon 1-1 Real Betis
We dropped points for only the second time this season as we played a weaker side with a midweek game against Real Madrid at the back of my mind. We played well though and could have easily won the game. Portillo scored our only goal.

View attachment 260965

Real Betis 0-1 Real Madrid (Spanish Cup 5th Round 1st Leg)
Our biggest test of the season and our first loss. We actually played really well and just lost out to a 87th minute Ramos winner. Still possible to go through but we have to win at the Bernabeu.

View attachment 260964

Real Betis 0-0 Tenerife
A game we really should have won, we had 17 shots compared to their 2 but we struggled to get that winning goal. Again, we played a weaker side to accommodate the Madrid game a few days after.

View attachment 260963

Real Madrid 3-0 Real Betis (Spanish Cup 5th Round 2nd Leg)
The difference in class really showed in this one as we were upstaged and shown a lesson. A 3-0 defeat to Madrid to complete a 4-0 loss on aggregate.

View attachment 260961

Liga Adelante as of 14/01/2015
The league table is still a pretty sight for us as we are comfortably first. We are now 11 points clear of Valladolid and can near enough start planning for next season in Liga BBVA. With 20 games gone, we are still unbeaten and I'm sure players, fans, the board and the media will all be thinking about an unbeaten season but we still have a long way to go. Other than being top, the next best stat looking at the table would have to be the goals conceded column, shipping in just four goals in twenty games.

View attachment 260960

Squad

View attachment 260959

Summary

Things continue to look bright at the Benito Villamarin, we are looking more and more likely every game to be heading for Spain's top league. The trouble we will have is keeping the team together as we have already had interest from bigger clubs for our better players. The board expected us to get to the 5th round of the Spanish Cup and we succeeded there, I'm sure they won't be too disappointed eventually getting knocked out to Real Madrid.

Thanks for reading!

This looks really promising, definitely getting promotion!

View attachment 260826

End of March Update

Another solid couple of months at the Benito Villamarin as we further increased our lead at the top of the table. We have lost our unbeaten run though which is slightly disappointing however I knew a defeat was probably on the way at some point. We got a little bit unlucky with injuries and suspensions, we had a couple of games where we had players out of position but it was still a really positive month overall.

Fixtures

View attachment 260810

Real Sporting 1-2 Real Betis
Vadillo put us 1-0 up after just ten minutes and I though we could be in for a bit of a rout but it never really went that way. Sporting went down to 10 men just before half time but we couldn't take the initiative and ended up conceding an equaliser. Figueras managed to grab a second for us though as we took the lead and held on for all three points.

View attachment 260806

Real Betis 4-0 Sabadell
Another brilliant home performance saw us score four goals with no reply. 29 shots to 4, absolute domination. Goalscorers; Figueras, Vadillo, Cejudo and Molina.

View attachment 260805

Numancia 0-1 Real Betis
A game where we struggled to get going, our players couldn't get the passing going like we normally do. Numancia seemed to overload the middle of the park and it broke up our play time and time again. However, as all good teams do, we grabbed all three points despite not playing at our best with Rennella as our only goalscorer early on.

View attachment 260803

Real Betis 2-2 Ponferradina
A frustrating game where we took the lead twice but were pegged back by the opposition. We couldn't seem to get that two goal lead that would have seen the game over. Props to Ponferradina though, they came back twice and countered us very well. Vadillo and Kadir on the scoresheet for us.

View attachment 260802

Albacete 2-1 Real Betis
So here it is, our first league defeat of the season. We can't really complain, Albacete were the better team and we didn't really deserve anything out of the game. N'Diaye and Torres both received red cards and we had no chance with nine men. Kadir was our goalscorer in this one.

View attachment 260800

Real Betis 3-0 Girona
Back to winning ways and back to performing like I know we can. A real team performance, we shut them out of the game and really limited the amount of chances they had. An OG and two from Rennella made sure of the points in a 3-0 victory.

View attachment 260791

Mirandes 0-1 Real Betis
Mirandes were not doing too well in the league at this point so I decided to play a few of the lads that hadn't really featured this season. They played really well and contributed another three points as our promotion hunt continues. Molina scored the only goal of the game. It was disappointing to see Reyes get sent off late on but we held on for all three points.

View attachment 260787

Real Betis 1-0 Real Valladolid
This was a nice, disciplined game for us. We knew it would be tough as Valladolid are also looking to get into the BBVA for next season. Rennella scored within about twenty seconds then we shut up shop and kept them out of the game. Really happy with this display as we will need performances like this in the league above.

View attachment 260785

Las Palmas 1-1 Real Betis
A game similar to the last as we avoided defeat away to another promotion contender. Alex Martinez scored our goal, maybe we could be disappointed at the fact they went down to ten men early on and that they equalised late in the game but I would have taken a point before the game in this tricky away fixture.

View attachment 260782

Real Betis 2-0 Leganes
Back to winning ways here though as we dominated proceedings, goals from Dani Pacheco (rare game for him) and Matilla saw us take the spoils in this game as we continue to steamroller our way through the league.

View attachment 260779

Recreativo de Huelva 0-5 Real Betis
Always good to score five away from home and that is exactly what we did here in another superb win on the road. It is going to take something really special from our opponents for us not get promoted from this point. Goalscorers; N'Diaye, Portillo, Rennella 2 and Martinez.

View attachment 260778

Liga Adelante as of 29/03/2015
At this stage of the season we have 11 games left to play and are 22 points clear of second place Valladolid so promotion is now pretty much a certainty and we can now start to prepare for next season with the big boys of spain. It will be close to see who finishes in second place (Valladolid or Las Palmas).

View attachment 260776

Squad

View attachment 260775

Summary
Absolutely loving this save at the moment, obviously helps that we are dominating the league but I am under no illusion that next season will be ten times harder and it will be tough to avoid relegation. Next update will be slightly different as we take a look at our youth intake as well as a couple of other little bits. At this moment in time we haven't been offered a new contract so will this save be over before its really got going?

And you lost the first league game at last (sooner or later it had to arrived, finishing a league without losing even once is almost impossible to pullf off), but the team keeps steamrolling its way to Liga BBVA (where it should be).

It's a shame that you had to play Real Madrid in Copa del Rey (mostly because of the result) but you did a really solid cup run and the team got plenty of money thanks to attendace and tv rights, which should be of great help to the club's budget.

Keep it up, promotion is almost there (at this rate you should offcially attain mathematic promotion in a couple of games or so).

I was waiting for the first loss to be honest and I had a bad feeling going into the game. I don't mind too much, I can't believe that we have only lost one! Yeah, the Madrid game helped the finances. Liga BBVA next year!

View attachment 260722

New Contract!

I was starting to panic as we were nearly in April and I still hadn't been offered a new contract. I wanted to know whether the club still wanted me as manager so I went to the board and requested a new contract. To my relief, they were happy to start negotiations regarding my future at the club. The talks started with a 2 year extension, however, I wanted to be tied up to a longer deal so the club, players and fans all had some consistency looking into the future. The chairman agreed and I eventually signed a 4 year extension until 2019.

View attachment 260719

Youth Intake

We have had our first youth intake as the manager of Real Betis. We still haven't got the best facilities at the club so I wasn't expecting any world class players but we have managed to get a couple of players that could play a part in the squad in the future (or sell on for some funds).

Alvaro Fernandez (Defender (Centre) / D (RL))

View attachment 260718

I like the look of this guy mainly because of the Teamwork (18) and Work Rate (17). He hasn't got too bad physical stats either so we will definitely keep an eye on this one.

Juan Luis (Attacking Midfielder (Right) / D/WB/M (R))

View attachment 260713

This guy caught my eye because of the Determination(16). This is one of the key stats that I always look for in a youngster because if they are determined, they are more likely to reach their potential. Teamwork(14) and Work Rate(15) jumped out at me.

Sergio Callejas (Midfielder (Right) / AM(R))

View attachment 260709

Probably clutching at straws with this guy but his determination stood out, he is also quite pacey. Not expecting massive things from this guy but we may be able to make some money out of him in the future.

View attachment 260595

Real Betis have won the Liga Adelante!

We have tied up the Liga Adelante title and promotion to the top tier of spanish football still with eight games to go. We only have 2 fixtures in this update but I felt this good news deserved an update of its own.

Real Betis 3-0 Osasuna
Solid home performance that meant we only needed one more win for promotion. Molina, Bruno and Rennella were on the scoresheet for a comfortable home victory.

View attachment 260593

Barcelona 'B' 2-3 Real Betis
A very nice away win in a game where we actually struggled. But as we have done a few times this season, we managed to grind out the result and bag all three points. Kadir, Rennella and Torres scored the goals for us as we scored promotion.

View attachment 260592

Liga Adelante as of 18/04/2015
So we bagged the title with a massive eight games to spare. We won promotion after the Barcelona 'B' game but weren't mathematical winners of the league. However, we didn't even have to take to the pitch again to be crowned champions as Real Valladolid slipped up and drew their next game. Absolutely delighted to be promoted, it was expected from nearly everyone but there was still big pressure to get the job done and I'm glad we did so and will be plying our trade in the BBVA next season.

View attachment 260569

Confirmation of the title!

View attachment 260563View attachment 260559View attachment 260558

The next update will have the remainder of the season. The update after that will be an end of season review where we will look at all the stats, our best players etc. Thanks for reading!