View attachment 257768

November 2015 Update!

450.png
449.png

02/11 - Celta de Vigo 4-3 Real Betis (BBVA)
Bruno 2, Rennella

448.png
449.png

08/11 - Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Rennella

449.png
483.png

22/11 - Real Betis 1-1 Villareal (BBVA)
Richards

481.png
449.png

30/11 - Sevilla 4-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Vadillo

Review

A very tricky month for us that included three away games and we only managed to pick up one point from a possible twelve. We started with an away game at Celta and we actually played well and I was happy to score 3 goals but unfortunately our defence wasn't on point and we conceded four.

Then a tough away game at Bilbao and we were completely outplayed, they stopped us from playing our football. This was quite disappointing and was quite hard to watch as it felt as though we took a bit of a backwards step.

Our only home game of the month saw us get our only point of the month against Villareal. We played much better in this one and probably deserved more but had to settle for a point in the end.

One step forward, two steps back. Sevilla away is a hard game but the performance wasn't anywhere near the standard I know we can play. It started well when Vadillo opened the scoring after just one minute but that seemed to wake the opposition up and we fell apart.

League Table

So after a poor month, we have slipped down to 7th place. We are still over-achieving in that position but it could have been better for us. Conceding 13 goals in 4 matches has hurt our goal difference which now stands at 0. Overall we can't really complain as we are sitting in a very comfortable position. Atletico lead the way, 2 clear of Barca and 6 clear of Real.

View attachment 257763

Squad

View attachment 257762

​Thanks for reading!

View attachment 257369

December 2015 Update!

1861.png
449.png

05/12 - Almeria 0-4 Real Betis (Spanish Cup 4th Round 1st Leg)
Ait-Atmane 2, Martinho, Wellington Silva

461.png
449.png

13/12 - Valencia 2-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Rodas

449.png
1861.png

16/12 - Real Betis 1-1 Almeria (Spanish Cup 4th Round 2nd Leg)
Baston

449.png
242.png

20/12 - Real Betis 3-1 Deportivo (BBVA)
Portillo 2, OG

Review

We had quite a good month in December, we progressed to the next round of the Spanish Cup and picked up a win in the league. Much improved from November.

We started off with a 4-0 victory over Almeria in the cup and this was a game where we rested our first team and played a few players that hadn't had much game time so far this season. It paid off as three lads that haven't played much scored the goals in a dominant victory.

Then a tricky away game at Valencia, I wasn't too disappointed at the loss as it is a very tough game and we actually played really well. We created some good chances and could take that moving forward in the season.

Then came the return leg against Almeria and again we played a 'weakened' side. This time we couldn't grab the win but the damage was done in the first leg and we won 5-1 on aggregate. Baston scoring our goal in this one.

We finished 2015 with a great performance and a great win, 3-1 against Deportivo. They never really threatened us as we dominated proceedings, they did score a lucky goal to ruin our clean sheet but a great three points.

League Table

We have moved up one place from last month to 6th. As I have said before, I would have taken that at the beginning of the season and it is completely deserved. The top three have started to pull away now and I expect Valencia to join them aswell in the near future. As you can see, Valladolid are also having a solid season and join us in the top 6. Deportivo are struggling at the bottom with just one win in seventeen.

View attachment 257365

Squad

View attachment 257364

Thanks for reading!

We're doing pretty well (maybe overperforming even) and and we pretty much racked up like 2/3 the necessary amount of points to avoid relegation, which is good...
...But... dang it all to **** and way back...

That trhashing suffered against Sevilla hurts like ****! A little payback when they come to Benito Villamarín is in order.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work. ^^

Yeah, that defeat to Sevilla was a tough one to take. As you said, hopefully we can beat them at home. Thanks as always!