Cheers man, appreciate it! I was surprised to see them in the second tier and thought it would be an enjoyable save and I was right so far. No problem, I will check it out now.

Cheers man, appreciate it! I was surprised to see them in the second tier and thought it would be an enjoyable save and I was right so far. No problem, I will check it out now.

There seems to be a lot of reasonably big clubs getting relegated nowadays! Good luck in La Liga! And thanks!

View attachment 260062

End of season update!

So, we have completed our first season in charge of Real Betis and it has been a very successful one to say the least. We went on an amazing run at the beginning of the season remaining unbeaten in the league until February. This fantastic sequence of results pretty much tied up the title for us and we could start to introduce some younger players and give some backup players a few starts.

Fixtures

View attachment 260058

Real Betis 2-0 Zaragoza
A nice simple win to start this update, a really solid team performance and we scored two goals of high quality both finished by Javier Matilla.

View attachment 260047

Alaves 0-2 Real Betis
Another 2-0 victory but this time away to bottom placed Alaves. Cejudo and Torres scored our goals and it easily could have been four or five.

View attachment 260046

Real Betis 1-1 Llagostera
This game was quite frustrating for us, we didn't take our chances and paid the price as a result. We had five times as many shots as them but they held on to a vital point to aid their battle to stay in the league. Torres was the man on our side of the scoresheet.

View attachment 260042

Mallorca 2-0 Real Betis
Can't really complain at this one to be honest, we were outplayed. They played it perfectly, allowed us to attack and countered at the perfect time and it worked. This was only our second defeat of the season!

View attachment 260041

Real Betis 1-1 Lugo
No win in three! We played a few youngsters in this one as the title was already tied up and it was a good opportunity for them. We did have more shots than them but we only managed a point. Castro equalised late on after Reyes was sent off two minutes before.

View attachment 260040

Racing Club 1-2 Real Betis
Back to winning ways as we brushed aside Racing Club 2-1. Torres and Castro scored our goals as we put in another solid shift and achieved our first win in four games.

View attachment 260039

Real Betis 1-0 Alcorcon
This game could have gone either way really as both teams had chances to take the lead throughout the game. We were persistent though and fought right to the end and we were rewarded as Rennella picked up a last minute winner.

View attachment 260038

Tenerife 0-2 Real Betis
Really proud of this win and the performance to go with it. We absolutely smashed eventual play-off competitors Tenerife, 24 shots to 2, 2 goals to 0. Brilliant game. Matilla and Portillo with the goals.

View attachment 260037

Real Betis 1-1 Sporting
Our last game of the season, unfortunately we couldn't sign off with a win but it was a pleasing performance none the less. We maybe could have had more but we settled for a point, Torres with our goal early on.

View attachment 260036

Final Liga Adelante Table
Obviously delighted to being going up and even more so as champions. We played well all season and fully deserved the achievement. Our early season form was magnificent and an unbeatable season was being discussed but our form tailed off towards the end. This league table is a pretty sight not just for us winning the title but for the fact we only lost 2 games out of 42 and only conceded 18 goals along the way. As you can see, we were joined by Valladolid and Girona (who beat Tenerife in the play-off final). I was surprised that Las Palmas were not promoted, they had a fantastic start to the season and they have a decent squad. I thought they had the quality to make the jump but they choked slightly in the middle and end of the season.

View attachment 260035

That is that for this update, next update will take a look at the squad as well as stats throughout the season in our team and across the league. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
You ended the league with a score 20 points (17 if Betis beats Sporting this Sunday) higher than the real deal.

Excellent run so far: only two losses, goal average against all promotion rivals, only 18 goals conceded... You literally tore Liga Adelante a new one.
The real challenge comes now, as survival in Liga BBVA can be quite a pain. But hopefully with a few reinforcements here and there you should have enough (Betis has a solid enough squad for Liga BBVA standards).

Good luck on the top flight football.

.P.S.: Girona promoted huh... I'm glad for them.

Yeah, I'm really surprised at how well we did in the end. To hit 100 points is quality! Definitely agree that the challenge starts now and we have a big summer ahead. We have a strong squad but need a couple of additions to add some quality.

Last edited:
View attachment 259386

Season Review 2014/2015

So, as we saw last update we won promotion and the title by a long stretch. This update we will tie up some loose ends and look at some stats.

Liga Adelante (Team and Player Stats)

View attachment 259377View attachment 259376

Squad and top 3 players (Average Rating)

View attachment 259368

Alex Martinez (Left Back)
View attachment 259364

Jordi Figueras (Center Back)

View attachment 259363

Vincenzo Rennella (Striker)
View attachment 259362

Liga BBVA Standings and Player Stats

View attachment 259361View attachment 259360
Notes

View attachment 259359View attachment 259358View attachment 259357View attachment 259356View attachment 259355View attachment 259354View attachment 259353

View attachment 258980

Transfer Time at Real Betis
So we have made a few transfers in preparation of our first season back in the big time. Firstly, we released a few youngsters that didn't really have the ability to make it in the long run. Juanfran went to Watford for just over £1m in a pre-arranged deal that I could not change. We also sold Ruben Castro, it took me quite a while to make my mind up on this one but I decided to let him go. He did bang in a few goals last term but I feel we had better options in Rennella and a new signing and he didn't want to be a back-up player.

View attachment 258979

Fernando Pacheco (Goalkeeper) - Castilla - 23 - Free
This was one of the key areas that I wanted to improve. We had a couple of decent keepers but not top drawer, I think this guy will help us stay in the division.

View attachment 258977

Patric (Right Back) - Barcelona - 22 - £450,000
I really like the look of this lad, just 22 years old and he has some of the key attributes that I like to see in a player, he is a hard worker. Work Rate(18), Teamwork(17), Bravery(17) and Stamina(16) are some great attributes.

View attachment 258976

Micah Richards (Right Back/Centre Back) - 27 - Free
I'm sure you all know this player, he is going to add some strength and depth into our squad, as well as some experience for the younger players.

View attachment 258973

Rachid Ait-Atmane (Centre Midfielder) - Sporting - 22 - Free
Another young player here at just 22, the main purpose of this one is to make a profit. The plan is to send him out on loan and then eventually sell him to make some money.

View attachment 258972

Raphael Martinho (Left Midfielder) - Catania - 27 - Free
Raphael will add some depth to the squad, he may not be a starter but he will put in some solid performances from the bench. Again, another profit option as he came in on a free and is now worth £2m.

View attachment 258971

Wellington Silva (Winger) - Arsenal - 22 - Free
I like this guy, as an Arsenal fan myself, I think he has great potential. He has a few good attributes that caught my eye; Flair(18), Dribbling(17) and Technique(16) being the main three. I think Silva will add some class to the side.

View attachment 258968

Borja Baston (Striker) - 22 - Free
I really wanted this guy, he has real potential. We tried to sign him before he left his club but we didn't have the funds to complete the deal but once we sold Castro, he came straight in.

View attachment 258966

We also promoted one of the youngsters and I am hoping to give him some game time this season as he has the potential to be a first team player.

View attachment 258965

Next update will be pre-season, see how the new signings are getting on and what our aims are for the year ahead. Thanks for reading!

I think I may change the layout a little now we have hit the big time! The fixtures will be laid out slightly different starting when the season starts (pre-season will be the same as normal).

Last edited:
I can't say I aprove of letting Rubén Castro go, considering all he's done for Betis he pretty much deserved to end his career here... But you're the manager here after all ^^

Good reinforcements so far, Patric and Pacheco should serve you well (in a save I had with Villa Pacheco ended up taking Guzan's spot in the starting eleven) and I'm surprised to see Richards playing in the Benito Villamarín.

Good luck in Liga BBVA.

.P.S.: Never, under any possible circumstance let Nono shoot a penalty kick. NEVER (Nono is the author of Betis' most embarassing European moment ever: he was the one to pathetically miss the last shot in that peanlty shoot-out against Sevilla in the Europa League).

Pacheco has been decent so far, proving to be a decent signing. I wasn't going to sign Richards but I approached him and he wasn't asking for much so thought he would make a good squad player.

I just watched that penalty on youtube, pretty poor if I'm honest, I will avoid him on penalties at all costs lol.

Thanks again for following this!

View attachment 258906

Pre-Season 2015/2016
We had a solid pre-season to set ourselves up nicely for our first season back in BBVA. Winning seven out of eight and conceding in just one game(against Barcelona). I wanted this pre-season to be more about confidence and morale as well as getting the defensive set up right. We went into last season with the mindset of 'we will score more goals than you' but we cannot do that this year as the opposition are much better. I think it went well keeping clean sheets in all but one. Make sure you check out the 7-0 victory against Arcos where N'Diaye scored FOUR penalties!

View attachment 258907

Real Betis 3-0 Mirandes
View attachment 258901

Foggia 0-4 Real Betis
View attachment 258900

Taranto 0-3 Real Betis
View attachment 258899

Carpi 0-3 Real Betis
View attachment 258898

Real Betis 2-0 Elche
View attachment 258897

Real Betis 1-2 Barcelona
View attachment 258896

Coria 0-6 Real Betis
View attachment 258895

Real Betis 7-0 Arcos
View attachment 258894

Some Side Notes
We have received £22m for playing in BBVA this season which will help us out massively financially. Hopefully now we can upgrade our training facilities as we couldn't before due to lack of funds. The board expect a mid-table finish which is a big target considering we have only just come up. It shows how strong our squad is but also adds a bit of pressure for everyone. Also, our scouting range has been upgraded which is always a bonus. We have also sold Dani Pacheco for about £400,000, he hardly played at all last year and I don't believe he is good enough for our improving squad.

View attachment 258893View attachment 258892View attachment 258891
Going to try a new layout from next episode as we are now in the top league. Will try and get that done later. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
View attachment 258883

Two More Signings!

Our last piece of business in the transfer market and we have further improved our squad with two signings. The first is someone we all know in Francisco Portillo. He played a massive part in our promotion season last year and we managed to extend his loan for another year. Hopefully he will have another solid year and help guide us to safety. The second signing is a defender I'm sure you all know to provide cover for Alex Martinez at left back. Christian Fuchs is a good player with experience and he should contribute well for us this season. Also, you can't go wrong with a free transfer, especially as he is worth nearly £2m already.

Francisco Portillo

View attachment 258877

Christian Fuchs

View attachment 258873

View attachment 258828

August 2015 Update!

449.png
462.png

17/08 - Real Betis 4-0 Real Valladolid (BBVA)
Rennella 3, Nono

1860.png
449.png

23/08 - Getafe 1-3 Real Betis (BBVA)
Matilla, Silva, Rennella

449.png
468.png

29/08 - Real Betis 1-0 Elche (BBVA)
​Rennella

Review

So a perfect start for us, three wins out of three and three great performances to go with it. We started at home to Valladolid and as they are a team that came up with us, this was a good chance to start the season well. We did just that with a 4-0 drubbing, Rennella picked up a hat-trick and it was also good to see Nono on the scoresheet on his first game for me.

Then an away game to Getafe and this was going to be slightly trickier but we came through the challenge well and made it two wins from two. Rennella on the scoresheet again(4 goals in 2 games), joined by Wellington Silva and Matilla. Really good performance where we showed that we can and will compete in this league.

Finally, our second home game of the season and a nice victory over Elche. If we are to do well this year, we need to play well at Benito Villamarin and we are doing just that at the moment with Rennella scoring yet again. Rennella is repaying the trust we have put in him as the main striker by scoring five goals in the first three games.

League Table

Stop the season now! We head into September on the top! Obviously this means nothing as we are only three games in, however we have had a really positive start only conceding one goal. There are still many big games to come. We have had the first El Classico of the season and it finished in a 2-2 draw (Ronaldo, Bale - Messi 2).

View attachment 258821

Let me know what you think of the new layout. I just think it looks a bit smarter and easier to read. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
View attachment 258386

September 2015 Update!

240.png
449.png

13/09 - Atletico Madrid 2-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Rennella

449.png
457.png

20/09 - Real Betis 1-1 Real Sociedad (BBVA)
Portillo

573.png
449.png

24/09 - Malaga 0-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Rennella

449.png
1853.png

27/09 - Real Betis 3-0 Levante (BBVA)
Rennella 3

Review

​Another pretty solid month for us as we continue to successfully adapt to life in BBVA. We started with a trip to Atletico and we weren't expected to achieve anything from this game so weren't too disappointed when we came away with nothing. We actually played quite well and gave a good showing of ourselves.

We then faced Sociedad at the Benito Villamarin and managed to pick up a point. We weren't playing our best football in this one but we will take any point we can in our hunt to avoid relegation.

Then an away trip to Malaga and a fantastic result as we picked up all three points. A solid away performance, we shut Malaga out of the game and countered really well.

Finally, a superb 3-0 victory against Levante, Rennella carried on his superb form to score his second hat-trick of the season and to make it 10 goals in 7 games for the striker.

League Table

We continued our fantastic start to the season and I am actually surprised at how well we are doing. We currently sit in second place but Atletico and Real can both pass us with a win with their game in hand. 16 points from 7 games, I would have happily accepted that at the start of the season. There is still a long way to go but good signs for sure. Our next two games are Barcelona and Real Madrid, so damage limitation for those two I think!

View attachment 258379

Squad

View attachment 258377

Thanks for reading!

The new layout is visually pleasant and easy to read, so it works fine on that regard ^^
Another reinforcement that I didn't see coming... I never expected Fuchs to join us, great job at bringing him! He would work wonders on our left flank ^^

Nice results so far, the loss against Atlético de Madrid was to be expected and more when playing in Vicente Calderón. The only gripe so far would be that draw against Real Sociedad, they're not a bad team (with some interesting players like Rulli, Íñigo Martínez, Rubén Pardo, Finnbogasson...) and truth to be told a draw against them in Anoeta could be considered a good result, but somehow I feel that when playing in home it kinda lets a bitter aftertaste...

Nevertheless, impressive job so far... Keep racking up as many points as possible ^^

Cheers man, I'm glad you like the layout. I was surprised that he wanted to join too but no-one came in for him when his contract ended so I thought, why not! I'm happy so far, like you said we weren't expected to get anything out of Atletico but not too bad other than that.

View attachment 258178

October 2015 Update!

449.png
243.png

04/10 - Real Betis 2-1 Real Madrid (BBVA)
Rennella 2

241.png
449.png

17/10 - Barcelona 5-0 Real Betis (BBVA)

110062.png
449.png

25/10 - Girona 1-1 Real Betis (BBVA)
Wellington Silva

449.png
467.png

28/10 - Real Betis 2-1 Eibar
Vadillo 2

Review

So we started October with an amazing result and easily my best game so far with Real Betis. We picked up a 2-1 victory over Real Madrid. There was no way I was expecting this at all but we played very efficiently and countered extremely well. Rennella picked up both goals for us.

Then we took a trip to the Camp Nou and came crashing back down to earth with a heavy defeat. Barca knocked five past us and found it far too easy. I was expecting a defeat but it was disappointing to lose in this manner.

Then came a trip to Girona and another point in the bag. We maybe should have got more out of this game as they came up with us last year but we played some good football so it wasn't too bad.

We finished the month back at the Benito Villamarin and returned to winning ways with a 2-1 victory over Eibar. We carried on where we left off against Girona(football wise), playing really smart but this time we finished our chances.

League Table

11 games in and we find ourselves in 3rd place, level on points with Real Madrid, so no complaints can be made. The third place is fully deserved as we have been playing some really good football recently. We had the hammering against Barcelona but I didn't mind that too much as we had just beaten Real. We are still unbeaten at home aswell which is really pleasing to see.

View attachment 258177

Squad

View attachment 258176

Thanks for reading!