how about hagi or george best, could even have a go at gary `no cards ever` lineker lol

There are lots of Fantastic players that everyone is going to mention. Im not really interested in them lot though. I'm looking at players who Can't be defined by Traditional FM roles. None of the players on my list (perhaps with the exception of CR7) can be defined by one of the TC roles.

I'd do Xavi, but Platini did a 200 pass game ;)

Hagi could be interesting though, Best would fill the Zidane role I'm going to make but I feel Zizou did it better..

Stoichkov was another I was looking at...

I think Eusebio can´t be defined by traditional FM roles.

Van Basten?

Nothing special tactically. Fantastic Player though....

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I think Eusebio can´t be defined by traditional FM roles.

Im going to do Eusebio....... I've already said I will

This sort of stuff takes AGES. I have to go through loads of source material and stuff.

We can´t do a super tactic, we talk about legendary players.

Dennis Bergkamp.

Another who I was thinking of.....

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

For Pele's role Ill be using Neymar to fill in. But I'll be getting as close to The King as I can, again, this is another I've been working on for a bit, along with Cruyff, Platini, Beckenbauer and Matthaus. Expect these lot first..

i don't know much about football before the late 90's but i was wondering whether roberto carlos/ cafu's roles for brazil were pioneering as they seemed the perfect wingback's in terms of attacking threat and defensive responsibility.

also is there any chance of looking at a keeper that was great acrobatically but also had a great touch and could pick out through balls to start quick decisive counter attacks.

Hmmm, Beckham satisfy your requirements? Or he is typical wide midfielder with any role?
E: and perhaps my favorite footballer: Pavel Nedved is unique enough? :)

Last edited:
The King Of Football. Edison Arantes do Nascimento aka Pele

Pele. The greatest footballer to have ever lived. Known for making the Impossible very very possible. One man who Inspired a generation of Brazilian success and millions of players to date.

Pele was never known for being an 'everywhere' player like Cruyff or Messi, Nor a pure striker like Puskas or Van Basten. Pele was simply Pele.

His job in both the Santos team and the Brazilian national team was to open up space and be the 'Frontline Playmaker' as well as the main target man and finisher. A hugely complex role to recreate in Football Manager.

You'd think so, but It seems lady luck smiles upon me. It took me a month to get Messi's role right, comparing it with about 20 videos and such. But with Pele, it seems my first attempt is spot on :D

So here we go.

View attachment 173770

In this screenie, we see Neymar in the Pele role picking up the ball on the left after drifting out wide. You can see he has 3 options: Go wide and cross, quickly drive into the box or cut inside fully. Any of these options are good, as all will create a chance.

View attachment 173773

Neymar chooses to cut inside fully. Now he has 2 options. Take a risky long shot and most probably waste a great position OR pass short to Ganso and hope he plays it to Elano for the through ball. Now cause Pele was rarely so selfish He should choose the pass. And being a good lad he does.

View attachment 173775

So the Passes were made and Neymar moves into the box, picks up the through ball and shoots, which is unfortunately saved (Im hoping this doesn't happen every example).
The Players highlighted in yellow are the ones dragged out of position by Neymars run, The LB, LM and LCB were all pulled out of position, which in FM terms is massive, Very similar to Pele's running.

O papel do rei (The Kings Role)

View attachment 173776

So, Pele. He was let to do his own thing alot, so the free role and Max creative freedom were obvious. Again, High closing down increases his Positional movement and work rate up front. His mentality set one click below attacking allows him to get involved in team plays more often. Short Passing lets him retain his teams possession and the High through balls allow him to create more chances for his team mates. Pele wasn't half as difficult as I thought. The role is **** effective though, acting as a False 9, Playmaker, Target Man and Finisher all in one. Im impressed. I'd advise setting this role as Playmaker AND Target Man to feet as I reckon this will double it's effectiveness..

Hmmm, Beckham satisfy your requirements? Or he is typical wide midfielder with any role?
E: and perhaps my favorite footballer: Pavel Nedved is unique enough? :)

Beckham no, Just a winger who wasn't allowed to run with it with deep crossing.

Nedved could be interesting...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

i don't know much about football before the late 90's but i was wondering whether roberto carlos/ cafu's roles for brazil were pioneering as they seemed the perfect wingback's in terms of attacking threat and defensive responsibility.

also is there any chance of looking at a keeper that was great acrobatically but also had a great touch and could pick out through balls to start quick decisive counter attacks.

I'll look at Lev Yashin and Dino Zoff. Possibly that crazy *** Paraguayan keeper too. Never really tinkered with Keeper roles...

Jose Luis Chilavert :)

Also, there is Rene Higuita, he practically perfected the 'Sweeper Keeper' role. And this -

Rene-Higuitas-scorpion-ki-001.jpg

There are lots of Fantastic players that everyone is going to mention. Im not really interested in them lot though. I'm looking at players who Can't be defined by Traditional FM roles. None of the players on my list (perhaps with the exception of CR7) can be defined by one of the TC roles.

I'd do Xavi, but Platini did a 200 pass game ;)

Hagi could be interesting though, Best would fill the Zidane role I'm going to make but I feel Zizou did it better..

Stoichkov was another I was looking at...
I don't recommend Xavi, his role is pretty basic, deep lying playmaker on support and low mentality, maybe roaming, but it doesn't make him to pass over 100 times a game. Key to Xavi passes are the players around him and how you set them.

AWESOME TUTORIAL!
I apply the AM and ST role in my game ( Rotherham),
it had been scoring and winning game!
As for other role in my team, I just set using other information I can get from the website...
OVERALL IS AWESOME, but i hope you can release some legends like DM, RB, LB or CB.
Will update my Rotherham season as I just played 5 friendly game, but win against Peterbough and Doncaster!

P.S
My first time making tactics!