Do you think the 'Pele' role will work well for Tevez? I'm playing him as lone striker in 4231 supported by 2 inside forwards. Have Dzeko too

can you post some screenie result about neymar playing pele role? how much he scored and other else?! great thread btw :)

Jesus

Maradona wasn't an inside forward if anything he was more of a second striker, att mid.

90% of Diego Maradona runs started down the wing. He was an Inside Forward which is technically a Supporting Striker from the Flank.

Btw, I'm using Duncs' Training schedules v1.2, what schedule would you suggest for the Messi role?

I've tried the Trequartista, but my players are not traing well at all... :/

90% of Diego Maradona runs started down the wing. He was an Inside Forward which is technically a Supporting Striker from the Flank.

That was his unofficial position then. His official positions were attacking mid or second striker.

No-one could give Maradona an "official" position. He was given a free role, picking the ball up where ever he could. Mostly from the wing, cutting inside. He was a pretty special player, but that doesn't mean there was anything special about the role he played.

Btw, I'm using Duncs' Training schedules v1.2, what schedule would you suggest for the Messi role?

I've tried the Trequartista, but my players are not traing well at all... :/

Make one that suits its needs. :)

I must say this is a fantastic way to play 3 players . I am using the pele instruction for my forwards, ever since using that the tactic I used started to work. Won the ECL 1-0 against Barcelona dominated the whole match, them only getting 1 shot on goal. Keep this up, Laffles :)

Last edited:
I must say this is a fantastic way to play 3 players . I am using the pele instruction for my forwards, ever since using that the tactic I used started to work. Won the ECL 1-0 against Barcelona dominated the whole match, them only getting 1 shot on goal. Keep this up, Laffles :)

Agreed, I started using the Barca tactic with Aguero in the Messi role, after a few wobbles(I drew 3-3 with Palermo) I have been dominating La Liga. Laffles you are one legendary bloke and I can't wait to see who will be coming next. ^^)

Would the Pele role work on the right wing? Planning a 4-6-0 and trying to see if I could work Ronaldo to play in a similar style.

Would the Pele role work on the right wing? Planning a 4-6-0 and trying to see if I could work Ronaldo to play in a similar style.

It would work better with a left footed player... It could work, but wouldn't get the best out of Rondivedo. By the look of it, it's more designed for a striker - due to the lack of crossing.

the messi's role is doing great for me...
i think a great idea to recreate sweeper keeper role or cryuiff role....
beckenbauer is great too...

Hey Laffles, I think this is an amazing thread and I'm looking forward to your next role. But I was wondering if you had the time would you be able to create filters for each role so we can find suitable people to play in the Pélé role etc.

Laffles has only said it like 200 times guys so can we please stop request players who are good? he doesn't just want good players he wants players who provide a challenge to replicate tactically! so if your going to suggest someone explain why/how they are different!

Great job tho laffles, im using the messi role atm in a 4-6-0 and its quality! :)

Messi with run from deep often? Sometimes would be my setting, but i have not tested it so cant actually say how it acts.