dont know if its been requested, but id love to see henrik larsson's role at celtic recreated - guy done so much on the pitch and his movement was something else

Man, awesome amount of detail and a VERY exciting thread...mainly just for the fact i reeeaaallly want a little messi to be tinkering with :) errrm in a strictly footbal sense and not sexual at all :p Anyways, I know it's difficult to recreate Messi to a tee coz he's so versatile, but I've always viewed him at his most dangerous cutting inside from the wing and you have him instructed to move down the channels. Did you try it with him cutting in? Did this maybe limit a part of his game that you wanted to re-create more? I'm just curious really

I did find it interesting though how deep his mentality is. Does Messi's natural creativity and attacking nature counter this for him to drive forward with the ball? I'm also wondering how this works with the 'rule of 2', which I was believed to think was crucial to the success of any tactic...Saying that, I guess Messi is an enigma to himself and so you have to break the rules to emulate him

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Sorry for posting again, but just wondering how both the Messi and Pele roles cut in in your examples when they're instructed to go down the channels? Is this to do with the PPM's of the players in the examples? Or maybe their decisions/team work/work rate where they sense a chance to create an opportunity for themselves? I understand the ethos of the players but just not how you've got the system to do that for you...I just dont understand how all the sliders work together and just find I counter one slider with another slider when implementing my own instructions. You obviously have a grasp of football and the actual system too and so I'd like some understanding, if you would be so kind :)

Man, awesome amount of detail and a VERY exciting thread...mainly just for the fact i reeeaaallly want a little messi to be tinkering with :) errrm in a strictly footbal sense and not sexual at all :p Anyways, I know it's difficult to recreate Messi to a tee coz he's so versatile, but I've always viewed him at his most dangerous cutting inside from the wing and you have him instructed to move down the channels. Did you try it with him cutting in? Did this maybe limit a part of his game that you wanted to re-create more? I'm just curious really

I did find it interesting though how deep his mentality is. Does Messi's natural creativity and attacking nature counter this for him to drive forward with the ball? I'm also wondering how this works with the 'rule of 2', which I was believed to think was crucial to the success of any tactic...Saying that, I guess Messi is an enigma to himself and so you have to break the rules to emulate him

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Sorry for posting again, but just wondering how both the Messi and Pele roles cut in in your examples when they're instructed to go down the channels? Is this to do with the PPM's of the players in the examples? Or maybe their decisions/team work/work rate where they sense a chance to create an opportunity for themselves? I understand the ethos of the players but just not how you've got the system to do that for you...I just dont understand how all the sliders work together and just find I counter one slider with another slider when implementing my own instructions. You obviously have a grasp of football and the actual system too and so I'd like some understanding, if you would be so kind :)

Messi has cut inside in his PPMs, so he does it anyway, and move into channels improves his off the ball movement. Also he doesn't cut inside so much anymore, as he now plays as a false nine, not as a right winger as he used to.

Also if you have a right footed player playing in the left side of the pitch (whether he plays as a winger or has roamed to wing from a striker/midfield position) he will naturally cut inside quite often, trying to use his better foot rather than the weaker one.

aahhhh that makes perfect sense. Thanks SS19 :)

Great thread and has given me the idea of lowering my wide AM's mentality to bring them back into midfield a bit. I've been liking how they cut inside when having them in that position but been frustrated by the amount of space between them and the FB's

I know it's slightly off topic but I'm also wondering the best way to implement the 'run from deep' option. You said you took it off your more attacking minded players as it makes them come back too often. So having this option on over rides the mentality setting? Does it also mean they'll run with the ball from deep or just means that they run from deep off the ball when you're in posession?

i used your messi settings, its working well for my everton team :). just out of interest, who is next??

just read through all of this, some good work gone into this laffles, well done! look forward to any further roles you may be working on. gonna see if i can do a le tissier one, unless its something you are planning to do

No, didnt make seperate thread due to a sense of cba.
Don't know who's next, been busy for the last 3-4 weeks so havnt had time to contribute.

No, didnt make seperate thread due to a sense of cba.
Don't know who's next, been busy for the last 3-4 weeks so havnt had time to contribute.

Alright then, but one thing i've noticed is that in the tactic messi has through balls often but in the screenshot in this thread he has sometimes, which one is right?

Also the emmerich role, it isn't working on david villa, i want to use it on him as you said it will be the main goal scorer on the team from out wide and thats how i want to play villa, but it doesn't seem to work. maybe i should give it some matches or don't you think it fits him at all?

Last edited:
I know you aren't taking requests and so but if you could think about sergio busquets and dani alves

Busquets: He isn't the first to play this role but he is the best example nowadays cause he may be the only one doing it, i also see xabi alonso doing it sometimes at real madrid actually. But my point is to create a dm role who drops in between the cb's when in possession, if it's possible. Making it easier for the fullbacks or wingbacks to bomb forward. You said that the roles should be roles that wasn't available in the TC and this isn't. Or maybe you could pm me and tell me what to do then i would try and make it if you don't like. Just a request and you're free to say no if you don't want, but maybe helping me instead.

Alves: I know most people in here would say; wingback attack, attacking mentality, roam from position etc etc, but i saw something the other day about him receiving passes on the oppositions half, about 60-70 of them, in one match. Thats quite a lot. And also you see him combine with messi all the way to the goal, and sometimes becoming the striker (rarely of course but it happens) do you think it can be recreated? Same here, if you don't find it interesting it's up to you.

And seeing im actually the only one with real tactial reasons for each role it would be appreciated if you thought about it or at least answered my post.

Last edited:
I know you aren't taking requests and so but if you could think about sergio busquets and dani alves

Busquets: He isn't the first to play this role but he is the best example nowadays cause he may be the only one doing it, i also see xabi alonso doing it sometimes at real madrid actually. But my point is to create a dm role who drops in between the cb's when in possession, if it's possible. Making it easier for the fullbacks or wingbacks to bomb forward. You said that the roles should be roles that wasn't available in the TC and this isn't. Or maybe you could pm me and tell me what to do then i would try and make it if you don't like. Just a request and you're free to say no if you don't want, but maybe helping me instead.

Alves: I know most people in here would say; wingback attack, attacking mentality, roam from position etc etc, but i saw something the other day about him receiving passes on the oppositions half, about 60-70 of them, in one match. Thats quite a lot. And also you see him combine with messi all the way to the goal, and sometimes becoming the striker (rarely of course but it happens) do you think it can be recreated? Same here, if you don't find it interesting it's up to you.

And seeing im actually the only one with real tactial reasons for each role it would be appreciated if you thought about it or at least answered my post.

I'm not so sure about that Busquets thing, he doesn't always drop deep to act like 3rd CB, only in some games and not every time they have the ball. To make him act so defensively, lower his closing down, ultra defensive mentality, no roaming or running from deep/running with ball, and you have to also make your CBs to push higher, using very high mentality, maybe even run from deep sometimes.

Dani Alves, I can't see the problem, wingback attack recieves a huge amount of passes in the opposition half, actually so many that I think using wingbacks is exploiting the match engine.

I'm not so sure about that Busquets thing, he doesn't always drop deep to act like 3rd CB, only in some games and not every time they have the ball. To make him act so defensively, lower his closing down, ultra defensive mentality, no roaming or running from deep/running with ball, and you have to also make your CBs to push higher, using very high mentality, maybe even run from deep sometimes.

Dani Alves, I can't see the problem, wingback attack recieves a huge amount of passes in the opposition half, actually so many that I think using wingbacks is exploiting the match engine.

From what i have seen he usually drops back when they against 2 strikers, so there always will be one extra cb, i also see him drop back when the opponent press high on barca then they go very deep with pique and puyol on each side of the teams own area and busquets right in front as a free passing option for the goalkeeper. But yeah i actually see your points, thanks mate. The purpose is that i want him to form a back three when in possesion and to get the wingbacks up there beside xavi and iniesta. It has a purpose of dealing with counterattacks if teams exploit the space the wingbacks leave.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Have anyone got any success with the emmerich role? with which player etc

---------- Post added 08/08/2011 at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 05/08/2011 at 10:15 PM ----------

Alright then, but one thing i've noticed is that in the tactic messi has through balls often but in the screenshot in this thread he has sometimes, which one is right?

Also the emmerich role, it isn't working on david villa, i want to use it on him as you said it will be the main goal scorer on the team from out wide and thats how i want to play villa, but it doesn't seem to work. maybe i should give it some matches or don't you think it fits him at all?

Anyone? Any success with the role?

Hi, i have hazard, rooney, aguero, and i just bought neymar. Seeing that i should put neymar in the pele role, what roles should i put hazard roo and aguero? I'm fine with leaving either roo or aguero out, but i really want to have hazard on the pitch because he is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, i have hazard, rooney, aguero, and i just bought neymar. Seeing that i should put neymar in the pele role, what roles should i put hazard roo and aguero? I'm fine with leaving either roo or aguero out, but i really want to have hazard on the pitch because he is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

Trial and Error mate, Work it out for yourself ;)

Iaffles?