Screenshot, Sorry.

And the Emmerich role should work, though it may be the tactic you have it in thats not bringing it out

Hi, i have hazard, rooney, aguero, and i just bought neymar. Seeing that i should put neymar in the pele role, what roles should i put hazard roo and aguero? I'm fine with leaving either roo or aguero out, but i really want to have hazard on the pitch because he is a BEAST!!!!!!!!!!

Agüero as a poacher-like striker, moving into channels and looking for goals. I would maybe use Rooney in the Pele role, while Neymar and Hazard as wingers, cutting inside and creating chances. Perfect for 4-2-2-2 tactic.

Absolutley love the pele role! Can't wait to see the Beckenbauer role. Great thread.

Is the Beckenbauer role going to be in the 1-3-3-3 formation Bayern Munich were playing when he was around? or West Germanys tactic of that time? either way fitting a sweeper/Libero into a formation is going to fun to try!

Is the Beckenbauer role going to be in the 1-3-3-3 formation Bayern Munich were playing when he was around? or West Germanys tactic of that time? either way fitting a sweeper/Libero into a formation is going to fun to try!

But seemingly impossible to get a Libero to play properly in FM :(

What PPM's would you recommend for each of these roles? And attributes? Great work so far, keep at it and don't pay attention to those who still are requesting several players they think are great.

Looking forward to the next role. As a matter of fact im dying to see the next piece! Hope you havent given up on this Laffles!

"Your number one fan"!

How do you think the wingers should be set up around the false nine to make them run diagonal into the space messi opens up like pedro and villa does?

Also how much success are people having with the messi role, but with other players?..

Last edited:
Also how much success are people having with the messi role, but with other players?..

Arteta has been on fire for my everton team suprisingly with about 10 goals and 15/20 assists. i play with laffles 4-6-0 formation which was mentioned earlier in the thread

Arteta has been on fire for my everton team suprisingly with about 10 goals and 15/20 assists. i play with laffles 4-6-0 formation which was mentioned earlier in the thread

In how many games?

3/4 of a season i think. i only realised he was good there after i got the ***** with humberto suarzo. i'm in my second season. its not too bad for a player with average finishing.

Are you gonna do a ronaldo one? im a big fan of your messi role works wonders with tevez too!

is the messi role good for pastore and hazard?

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

alright i'm just kidding but can you do a captain tsubasa role? ;)

Wayne Rooney, Nani, Ashley Young and Chicarito. Man Utd 11/12.

Well, its been some time since I last updated this thread so; as an apology I thought I'd give you a bumper set of Player-Specific roles all from this years devastating Utd team as well as a Tactic containing all 4 roles and the play style of The Red Devils. I have a feeling you lot will love this one.

So, without further adue I present you:

MANCHESTER UTD-A Laffles Masterpiece

Guess I'll start with The Little Pea then.

Javier Hernandez

Made a name for himself last season with fantastic movement, lightning pace, cool finishing and a surprising heading ability. Devastating off the last man but with enough brains to set up his team-mates as well Javier Hernandez has quickly established himself as one of the Prems most feared men.

I've set his role up so that he plays off the last man and acts as a traditional poacher but roams around looking for space as he does in real life and its been fairly destructive.

All screenshots taken from my League Cup match vs Southampton

View attachment 195994

Here we see Chicarito playing RIGHT on the shoulder of the southampton CB

View attachment 195995

He has the obvious advantage in pace and can turn either way and be through on goal

View attachment 195996

The ball is played through and Jav is away, turning his man and on to goal

View attachment 195997

And, quite a rare occurence in my examples, he scores :)

THE ROLE

View attachment 195998

As you can probably guess, the Hernandez role is going to be similar to the poacher default role. I took 'Runs from Deep' to Rarely so that he sits on the shoulder of his man and keeps pressure on the opposition CB's making it hard for them to utilise a high D-line. He is also not one for dribbling so that was reduced. He is allowed to roam so that he finds the space to break into.

NANI

Player's Player of the season Luis Nani has been making waves at Utd this season, both creating and scoring goals. Famed for his dribbling ability and ferocious shot, he's become quickly recognised as one of the Prems best wingers.

Used as more of an inside forward than out and out winger though he isn't afraid to cross when the opportunity is on. His role needed to represent this.

View attachment 196000

Here we see Nani out wide, just behind his Man, waiting for a through ball so he can break down the flank.

View attachment 196001

He picks up a pass, but Cairney had moved to intercept his run. He now has 2 options. Play the simple pass to Hernandez or dribble past Cairney.

View attachment 196002

Surprisingly he makes the pass, then moves into space further up the pitch to hopefully pick up a ball as he cuts infield.

View attachment 196003

Hernandez sees his run and plays him through, clean on goal Nani has the pick of where to put it.

View attachment 196004

Nani places the ball into the Near side corner with implicite ease.

The Role

View attachment 196005

Nani often stays high up the pitch and looks to be UTD's man on the counter, he'll press an opposition fullback so that they dont make pressing runs forward and aids in keeping the opposition d-line lower to increase the space Utd have to work in. He regularly cuts infield and tends to shoot rather than pass.

Ashley Young

Utd's main wide man and crosser, not afraid to come inside and have a go at goal. A huge presence for Utd thanks to his final ball, pace, passing and creativity. A real quality player wherever he plays but has been hugely productive on Utd Left Flank.

Young balances out Nani, whereas Nani prefers to come inside over crossing but will cross if needed, Young will cross over come inside and shoot but will do so if the space is available.

Im not gonna do any example's of Young's role as it's vastly similar to Nani's but slightly more towards crossing than shooting.

The Role

View attachment 196006

Young is more happy to track back than Nani, and doesn't cut inside as much therefore I felt that 'Moves into Channels' would suit Young's wide play better. He shoots from distance less so that is also reflected.

Wayne Rooney

Wayne Rooney, United's current 'Hairo' (sorry for the pun, but he does look like a right ***) Playmaker, Goalscorer and General Star. This man is everything to Utd and is uber crucial to there season. His ridiculous engine keeps him going when everyone else is fading.

I've had alot of fun recreating Wayne's play style in FM and I think that I've done a great job. He tracks back, Scores goals, Creates Goals, draws men out of position. He generally does what Rooney does. Again, I'm not going with anymore examples as I feel the role is fairly self explanatory.

The Roole (see what I did there)

View attachment 196007

A fairly complex one to re-create due to the many facets of Rooney's game. When set as main Playmaker he certainly bosses the game but is capable of scoring masses of goals, assisting bucketloads and being generally unstoppable. This was difficult.

Well done for getting through all that.

Have a cookie, or just have my re-creation of Man Utd 11/12 whatever you prefer.

View attachment 196008

Looks good, definitely will use the Roole in my current tactics. :D

i always checked this post everytime I logged on fm-base, glad to see you back, i cant wait to try the Man U roles and especially rooney's roole they certainly look exciting.

I'm giving the Emmerich and Pele roles a go, I'll make sure to leave feedback Laffles :)