London City FC - A City On The Rise

Great work youve done so far mate.
Slowly building a club.
Great start to this season. Keep it up

Thanks Tracz, its so hard but slowly we're making progress.
[FONT=&quot]____________________________________________________________________
London City FC - September 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following an extremely strong start to the league season we went into a slightly quieter September with just five matches to play this month. We'd begin our FA Cup journey this month to with us reaching the First Round in the last two seasons it'd be great if we can do that for a third season in a row. Would we remain unbeaten come the end of month two this season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
qfDamYG.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Good news is the club have now paid for my final coaching qualification. I have began a twelve month study of my Continental Pro Licence which'll see me fully qualified in the coaching department. Probably the best coach in the division.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
WP2dAc1.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well good news and bad news, we remain unbeaten in league football this year but have slipped to three more draws and one win however have crashed out the FA Cup in the Second Qualifying Round. The month began away at Hampton and Richmond with a one nil win thanks to Browne, his first of three goals this month. A two all draw against Welling at home saw us blow our lead twice. We also blew our lead at home against Sutton United following Hassall early strike. There was no luck in the FA Cup this year as Dulwich Hamlet beat us three nil away from home. We ended the month by snatching a point against Basingstoke with Browne netting in the ninety second minute.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
otdBcpb.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We remain unbeaten in the league after ten matches and the only other side to do so at this moment in time is Wealdstone up in second place. However a few early draws have slightly cost us a brilliant start with us sat in sixth at the moment just outside the playoff zone. A long way to go yet this season but its really looking like a promising season for London City FC.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - October 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - October 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Going out the FA Cup in September could prove to be a good thing this year around. Over the last couple seasons we've reached the first round and thats seen us play a few more games with some going to extra time, tiring the squad out a little more. But our form is so good this year that going out early isn't a problem as it was the round the board wanted us to reach. How would our form hold up in October.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
P9HFA4Z.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our unbeaten league start has come to an end but we've certainly not slowed up anytime this month with three more wins, one draw and one defeat. As well as seeing Hassall not slow up on being last years top scorer with him netting fourteen goals already this season. We began October, a day before my birthday with a hammering at Bath, we delivered it! We won four nil, Hassall with a hatrick and Ede with a late goal to wrap it up. A trip to Maidenhead saw us drew two all, annoyingly throwing the lead away twice which we earned through Hassall and Rigby. Back to winning ways at home with a two nil second half win against Hungerford. Our first league defeat came as we slipped from three one up to lose four three against Staines, Hassall with his second hatrick of the month. The final match saw us travel to Bromley and win four one. Starting quickly with Browne in the first minute, Hassall and Gordon (x2) before the break saw us four up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
OWd5yE6.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We're up in second after fifteen league games having bagged twenty eight points already this season! Its incredible to achieve this for our club. Wealdstone are still top of the table and unbeaten as they're season goes from strength to strength, we'll face them in November in what will hopefully be a top of the table clash. Its certainly tight at the top at the moment, we're just enjoying being there.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - November 2019[/FONT]

It's nice to see you brought your London City career over to FM Base too Dan and I've been following since the career started and it's been an expected trouble, until this season as you have made a top start to the South season. KIU.

Thanks again Shedender.
[FONT=&quot]London City FC - November 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Into November and it'd be good if we could continue our strong start to the league season and end on the calendar year on a high. We've got a fair few games to go yet though before the end of the year with November and December still to play through. We went into the month second in the league table with three league games and one FA Trophy match on the agenda.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
zkeyJqB.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Three wins and one unfortunate defeat over the month pleased me enough, even more so when Hassall netted a brace followed by a hatrick this month. We kicked off the month beating Canvey Island two one away from home. We trailed one nil before Hassall netted a penalty before the break and a winner seven minutes from time. We then faced top side Wealdstone, who had lost their last game and first one of the season. We beat them four three in a thriller. Bradbrook scored and Hassall netted a hatrick. Both sides ended this game with ten men. Welcoming Tonbridge we lost three one, annoyingly after Bradbook gave us the lead, we had a man sent off and played an hour with ten men, shipping three goals. Finishing the month with a win against Whitehawk in the FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
GVdszkK.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well well well, we've [/FONT][FONT=&quot]never[/FONT][FONT=&quot] been this high in the league table as we sit top of the pile, allbeit on goal difference for now, we are the guys in charge. Eighteen games played, thirty four points earned and a plus fourteen goal difference. Its shaping up to be a sensational, surprising season for us but still a lot of football to be played this season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - December 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - December 2019[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The final month of whats been a very pleasing and promising calendar year, we were waving goodbye to 2019 but hopefully not goodbye to the good football we've seen from London City FC, especially as of late, we now had the chance to be top at Christmas and head into the new year at the top of the pile to if we could maintain our good form in a quiet winter month.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
qTyyXdy.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Four games, two wins, one draw and one defeat to round up 2019. We began with our second game against Whitehawk in as many matches. Beating them again, Hassall netting four minutes from time with his only one this month. We slipped out the FA Trophy in the First Round as Welling dispose us two nil. Back to league action and a victory against newly promoted Met. Police as we beat them two nil late on. An own goal fifteen minutes from time and two minutes later a Browne strike two minutes later sealed the win. We ended the month and year with a stale one all draw away at Eastbourne Boro.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Nykwe03.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We were top at Christmas and top at the New Year, that can only bode well for the remainder of the season surely. Obviously our stash of goals dropped dramatically over December but we still remained unbeaten in the league so that says it all. Still half a season to go before we get carried away. I'd rather finish top than go through the dreaded playoffs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - January 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - January 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Into 2020 and if you told me I'd be in the Vanarama National South still in January 2020 I'd probably of believed it, afterall I targeted up to five seasons to clear this division. If you told me I'd be top of the pile I don't think I'd believe it, but thats the case as we head into the New Year. But we can't get complacent just yet there is a lot of football to play yet. With us only in league football now, we've got our full focus on every match.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
J4ou1DV.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We began the New Year with a defeat against promotion chasing Chelmsford, they're hot on our hills and this has put them within touching distance of us. A couple stronger results came as we returned home for back to back games. Beating Truro three two and then Weston-Super-Mare two nil. Hassall netting in both games, Bradbrook netting a brace against Truro. We let an early one nil lead slip against Dulwich Hamlet, drawing one all before traveling and losing against Dorchester four two in a very poor showing from us. Ending the month against struggling Maidstone with a three two win after being two nil down. Another Hassall brace as he netted five goals in six games to continue his strong season form.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
X1kqyFt.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have remained top at the end of January, however the team that beat us to kickstart their new year are now second and only behind us on goal difference currently. We're both on fifty one points after twenty seven games. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Remember the first two seasons, we finished them with forty nine points, last season we finished with fifty nine points.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Already we're up on fifty one points and set for another new record points and league position finish bar a complete catastrophe. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - February 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - February 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The calendar year had began well, we had started where we left off in 2019. But things were going to turn a little bit this month and really begin to make us work to be league champions, are we about to blow it. We also have the usual bunch of youth recruits who can probably hardly kick a ball in a straight line and on top of that, some good news.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Rb0NXkZ.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well, they're all rubbish and thats that.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
AYjQgEY.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yelp, three defeats on the bounce, including one to struggling bath. We kicked off the month with a superb thumping against Hampton and Richmond, Galliford netting twice on his debut with Bradbrook netting the other two But then turned the sour patch, losing two on at home to Bath, two nil away at Welling and at Sutton United. Thankfully we ended the month with a strong four two performance against Hungerford and hopefully the turning point back to our good form we've displayed all season. Hassall netting a brace there led to this pleasing news.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
3QG0saL.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]George Hassall has broke his London City FC record of most league goals in a single season. It was his own record he broke when he netted twenty six league goals last season to be crowned Vanarama South golden boot, hes on his way this year, already notching twenty seven goals.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
iogSGz3.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Chelsmford's good run of form is really moving now, they move top of the pile and six points clear of us in second place as we've set the pace all year, we're now playing catch up with just two months of competitive football to go, have we blown our title hopes. They've also gained to see their goal difference better ours now, with ten matches to go, I'm hoping we go on a firing spree this next month or two.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - March 2020[/FONT]

Great form so far this season, lets hope this is just your little blip, all teams have them.
Maybe the team dont want to break the 59point barrier.
Good luck ill be following

Thanks Tracz, I'm hoping its just a small blip and we can get across the line now this season, don't say that, we need to break that barrier.
[FONT=&quot]London City FC - March 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After a slight hiccup in February, we were heading into March in second place and now chasing league leaders Chelmsford. It'd be tough to turn around the gap that we've created due to slipping up but with any luck we could bounce back here. We've only got four matches in March, a quieter month before the big run in during April.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
ElNO6t7.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We did indeed improve, to hit a four game winning run after winning our final game at the end of February. March began with two home games, first beating Basingstoke two one, Hassall and Taylor, the latter coming a minute before the end to win the game. We beat Maidenhead four one with Browne and Bradbrook netting one each, Hassall netting a brace. We traveled to Staines to win two one, nearly blowing a two nil lead. Before ending the month losing two one to third place Wealdstone, Hassall netting our goal making it five in four for him in March.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
jJJIw0C.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thirty six league games played, six games to go this season and we still trail league leaders Chelmsford by a single point at the top of the pile. Wealdstone are third in the league and four points behind us so we're starting to look safe for a top two finish should we keep strong till the end of the season now. It'll be an exciting run in thats for sure.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - April 2020[/FONT]

Great month.
The finishing line is in sight.
Do you have to play Chelmsford?
Are the club prepared for permanent contracts?

We do indeed Tracz, weirdly its our final game of the season, not yet but hoping promotion this year the board may allow us to go professional.
[FONT=&quot]____________________________________________________________________
London City FC - April 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
ooLNqSj.png
mFvw8jP.png
RUMreqg.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here it goes then, capping off our best ever season to date. Its taken four years so far to see some real progress but we're on the verge of making that step now. The final month of the league season was here, April 2020 and we've got six league matches to play to end the season. Trailing league leaders Chelmsford by a single point, it could be decided on the final day when the two clubs go head to head. Our forms been up and down to date the last couple months, but here goes nothing...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
jT0V8JO.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Is that title winning form just two wins from our final six league games along with three defeats and a draw on the final day of the season with our top of the table rivals and current league leaders Chelmsford. We kicked off the month with a one nil win against Bromley, Browne netting for us. But two defeats slipped into our run, losing two nil at home against Canvey Island and three two away at Tonbridge. We bounced back with a two nil win against Met. Police, Hassall and Cheema netting inside thirty five minutes. But ending the season with two home games and winning neither, a two nil defeat against Whitehawk before a two all draw against Chelmsford...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
iSEuN3s.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]CHAMPIONS!!!![/FONT][FONT=&quot] on the final day of the season! Oh the scenes at Wembley when this result was confirmed. We welcomed Chelmsford leading them on goal difference, winner takes it all, i set up for a draw. Hassall got us off to the perfect start, netting after half an hour. With thirty minutes remaining, Chelmsford leveled before Hassall fired us in the lead against with seventeen minutes remaining. But Chelmsford made it a nervy ending as they struck four minutes from time, throwing everyone forward, but we held out.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
FNXXoWC.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And so there it is, our first [/FONT]major[FONT=&quot] step forward on this career as we are crowned Vanarama National South league champions fourth time of asking. We played forty two league games this season with us picking up twenty one wins, ten draws and eleven defeats over the season, massing up seventy three points, smashing our previous best points tally of fifty nine last season. We also finished on a solid plus twenty goal difference, that handing us the title. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
roue1pH.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]One man we owe our season to, not myself as manager, but this twenty one year old striker who has bettered himself in his second season in charge. He was the top scorer in the league last year and has been crowned top scorer again this year, upon that he was also named player of the season and broke the 'league goals per season' record for the competition, netting thirty five goals in forty two league games.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - Pre Season Round Up 2020[/FONT]

That was close! But well done mate
Good luck for next season.
Do you think you'll be able to hold on to hassall? Any clubs interested?

Massive congratulations on getting London City promoted to the National League after a superb season.

Great read mate and well done ! Reading this has made me thinking about coming out of story mode retirement ! Keep up the great work

Thanks FMAddict

It was close indeed Tracz, still don't know how it ended with first vs second to finish the season but it happened. No one is interested in Hassall yet luckily.

Thanks Shedender

Thanks SVB, hopefully you do come back to writing.
London City FC - Pre Season Round Up 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
GG8MymQ.png
UDH6mqA.png
R9yDSxe.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following on from last seasons quite tremendous season, not quite sure where it came from, but we had finally got out of the bottom division in English football and are now just one step away from whats known as 'league football' as we sat in the Vanarama National League. A busy summer rebuilding a squad to be competitive in the league, again tipped for heavy relegation, it'll be tough for us, back to seeing more red dots than green ones this season I imagine.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
JbBLUUm.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As always with the start of the summer, any relevant news that has come out of the summer letterbox. I was named manager of the year with a fifty percent win ratio for the season. It didn't come much as a surprise as I was named manager of the year. The board have upped their expectations of the cup competitions, expecting us to reach the FA Cup First Round and FA Trophy Second round. Despite us doing better in the league last year with the early exits. Talking about leagues, they want us to attempt to avoid relegation, I only hope we can! And finally, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]we have a parent club[/FONT][FONT=&quot]! Finally the board found me a senior affiliate club as we are linked with League One side Bradford City.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
xTlHgpT.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our financial situation at the club is bleak so we're now letting players go who are eating into our wage budget so a lot of free transfers this summer. We've also bought in a host of new faces mainly on free transfers, with two late loan additions from Bradford City now being our parent club we can make the use of league one players who are available to come to us.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
6WWS0G2.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Squad ratings don't look great, we do have a fair bit of cover in each position as we do still have quite a large squad. I'm hoping its a squad we can rotate regularly and continue to pick up points on a regular basis. It'll be tough with this squad but we have picked up a strong keeper this year, his stats shown below.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
1uBe50N.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our new number one that came in this summer, a great upgrade from Gooch who will still feature as I feel he has a bright future to at the club.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
kDBUATy.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And whilst we're looking at player profiles, here is the phenomenal young free scoring George Hassall. As you can see, his stats aren't great, as you'd imagine for a player in the basement tiers of English football, but he does the business up top.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
q2uO1IS.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And finally, our pre season on the pitch, wasn't too pleasing but with the revolving door of the transfer market we've seen a lot of players come and go and expect them to take a little bit of time to get use to playing with each other and into my tactics.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - August 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - August 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
GG8MymQ.png
UDH6mqA.png
R9yDSxe.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Following a surprising season last year around and a busy summer building the squad back up this year, I felt it was harsh this pre season when we were placed at 750-1 to win the league this year around. Admittedly I don't think we'll win it or even earn promotion, but I feel we're better than what they're pricing us at.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
cj6lThR.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well well well, what a start to our league season, four wins from our opening six games and two defeats which we could of got at least a point from in each as well. We began the season against York at home, beating them two one with centre midfielder Bradley Ede netting both goals. Annoyingly we lost against fellow promoted side this summer Welling one nil, the game could of gone either way. We returned to strong form with three wins on the bounce and two clean sheets as we beat Torquay two nil, Hassall brace, Dartford three nil with Ede netting his third of the season and a brace for summer signing Pooni. We then made it three wins on the bounce beating Morecambe five one a quite simply amazing result. Browne and Pooni netting one each [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hassall netting his first hatrick of the year[/FONT][FONT=&quot], two from the penalty spot. Finally we narrowly lost against AFC Telford one nil, a very even game.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
JeRMhh7.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We're shocking the pack once again this season, flying high up in second place following four wins from our opening six games. We obviously won't stay up there but its good to have started the season so strongly. Also good to see Hassall netting five goals in his opening six games, the step up in the league hasn't changed his confidence or ability.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - September 2020[/FONT]

What a start!!! Fingers crossed its a sign of things to come, but i think it will be tough.
Mid table would be a huge achievement this season.
Still part-time i guess?

Its a surprising start Tracz, long way to go though. Mid table would be a great achievement I just want to aim to beat the drop though. We are part time still, the board wouldn't go professional this year.
London City FC - September 2020[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
GG8MymQ.png
UDH6mqA.png
R9yDSxe.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What a start to the season we had made, a newly promoted side sitting second place after the opening six games. We've shocked everyone the way we've started this game but we won't get carried away, we're expected to fight against relegation this year and that'll be what I continue to aim for this season. Five more matches this month, including one against AFC Fylde, where we could really see how strong we are.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Eiqfloh.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Perfect, now a fully qualified manager having bagged by Continental Pro Licence, the last one in the ladder to becoming the best manager down in the depths of the English leagues. Now all I've got to do is pull London City FC up the ranks and into the top leagues. A long way to go though.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
HQsJDB3.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Well our form isn't really slipping up just yet thats for sure, we picked up another three wins throughout September, losing twice. We beat Newport Co to kick off the month, thanks to our man in form Hassall netting in injury time. Then a top of the table clash saw us lose out three two against AFC Fylde, we conceded in the final few seconds after a brace from Hassall It was the same story against Brantree, a last minute goal saw them take the points. We ended September strong though as we returned home, winning two one against Dag and Redbridge before beating Halifax four one, Pooni netting all four of our goals.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
JUdkseX.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What is this all about, we're top of the Vanarama National League after eleven games in our first season in the division. Unreal stuff, we're only top on goal difference mind with Havant and Waterlooville and Barnet also on twenty one points with us. We're currently eleven points from the drop zone so its a good gap to have early on as we maintain to aim for safety this season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: London City FC - October 2020[/FONT]