Redknapp| United aren't invincible

MisterStubbs

Reaction score
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp does not think that Manchester United are good enough to remain unbeaten for the entire season.

Spurs are preparing to host the Premier League leaders on Sunday as the White Hart Lane club aim to keep their own title hopes alive.

United are eight points clear of fourth-placed Tottenham, with a game in hand, after avoiding defeat so far this season to threaten Arsenal's 2003/04 unbeaten record.

But Redknapp thinks that there are chinks in the armour of Sir Alex Ferguson's team and he hopes that Spurs can be the side who expose the weaknesses.

The Tottenham boss said in his column in The Sun: "As good as they are I do not think they are good enough to go through the whole season unbeaten.

"Even if they win the Premier League title this season, Arsenal are the original Invincibles and their record is going to stay intact.

"Of course, I'd love it if it will be my Tottenham team that ends United's unbeaten run on Sunday and we have a chance of doing it.

"It's not as if United are Barcelona or Real Madrid who are on another planet to everyone else.

"We can bring them down to earth and for the sake of the title race I bet everyone who doesn't support Man Utd will be hoping we do."

But as Redknapp plots United's downfall he will not be picking the brains of former Old Trafford star David Beckham, who has been training with Spurs this week.

He said: "We have had David Beckham training with us this week and he grew up at Old Trafford.

"But I wouldn't dream of asking him if he knows any secrets about his old club that could help us. It wouldn't be right."

TEAMtalk | Football | Premier League | Tottenham Hotspur News - Harry: United not invincible

should add some extra spice to Sunday's game. que SAF to post this article on the dressing room wall and the rest will follow.

Hope Spurs beat them as i dont want Utd to equal our record of played 38 lost 0 in 2003/2004

I would have to say I agree with Redknapp. But we'll find out as the season progresses. Hopefully Redknapp will prove this correct when Spurs beat Man Utd ;)

^Pathetic Post.

Of course there not invincible...

No team is, look at Barca losing to Hercules.

yes there are harry shut it (6)

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I would have to say I agree with Redknapp. But we'll find out as the season progresses. Hopefully Redknapp will prove this correct when t Man Utd beat spurs u mean lol ;)

yh leeds suck btw ***** man utd are the best and everyone now that hahahahaaha (H)

Last edited:
this is a thread about Tottenham vs Man United, no need to argue about how good/poor Leeds Utd are.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

yh leeds suck btw *****

Don't diss 'Arry, he is always right ;) And you must of been gutted when Leeds beat you

I want spurs to win but they always bottle it against utd

Utd have a decent record at WHL but this Spurs is the best Spurs we have seen in decades. Although Utd haven't been excellent this season they have done just enough to see them through every game. I obviously want the Spuds to win but i can see this ending in a draw, either 1-1 or 2-2.

I agree with Harry, but we do have the luck of the Irish when we play Spurs, omg I remember few season back when Spurs scored a goal (Score Board End) in the dying minutes at OT, it was ruled that the ball had not gone over the line, ****** **** in nearly touched the back of the net. Even this season with the Nani incident , I do think it was a goal, but the ref got it wrong because Nani handled the ball when he fell over in pen area. So I think we win, even take a draw 2-1 to United

yh leeds suck btw ***** man utd are the best and everyone now that hahahahaaha (H)

leeds scum

Stop being immature. The both of you. This is the sort of stuff that has some Manchester United fans tarred with the same brush as opposed to those who just create arguments. This off-topic rubbish just makes us look bad.

I don't expect us to come out with a comfortable win, but I am expectant of an aggressive game between ourselves and Tottenham.

They will be strong and defiant to get the win and I am definitely interested to see how we play. Hope we don't park the bus though.

Harry you are supposed to bend over according to everyone. So stop trolling mate. ;)

Stop being immature. The both of you. This is the sort of stuff that has some Manchester United fans tarred with the same brush as opposed to those who just create arguments. This off-topic rubbish just makes us look bad.

I don't expect us to come out with a comfortable win, but I am expectant of an aggressive game between ourselves and Tottenham.

They will be strong and defiant to get the win and I am definitely interested to see how we play. Hope we don't park the bus though.

When have United parked the bus????? That is not Man Utd style don't understand how you can say that because I can't recall a game under Sir Alex when we did this.

*sigh* so I'm a Leeds fan I'm not allowed to have an opinion about anything other than Leeds related stuff? Idiots. Thanks INickStuff and MisterStubbs for showing that the idiots posted above are just a minority of Man Utd fans. No team is invincible and I don't think this Man Utd team is as strong as it had been in previous years so I don't think they will go invincible. With champs leagues games and FA cup games there is going to be a real strain on the squad which I don't think it is strong enough to allow Man Utd to go unbeaten. Just my opinion