Reds form unacceptable - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson admits his side's start to the season is unacceptable as they slump to a home defeat by Blackpool.

More...

i think mr. hodgson, that unacceptable, is an exagerration of how we've played so far...

i think **** is a better word :) sort it out please. soon. :D

I keep saying this time and time again it is not Roys fault, Until the off the field problems come to a stand still Liverpool will keep underperforming.

I keep saying this time and time again it is not Roys fault, Until the off the field problems come to a stand still Liverpool will keep underperforming.
no he must shoulder the blame, he is not playing them to their strengths. they cant keep hiding behind the owners.no offence but this is blackpool. stop padering to joe cole. get gerrard behind torres, get meireles and lucas as the mobile shields. you know you havent got width so then go through the middle with the power and pace you have.

Last edited:
At the end of the day put youself in a liverpool players shoes, you go to work everyday press writting negatives about you, your club, your owners. Your on your way to the game and all the talk is about strikes, fan protests etc. Its not a stable place to be at the moment i can understand some of the players underperforming look at Joe Cole, its totaly on the other end of the scale from what he is used to from being at Chelsea. Blaiming Roy is just the easy way out simple as that, lets not forget Liverpool were woeful last season, yes i know its worse this season but the hiararcy(sp) situation of the club has got worse since last season.

Last edited:
At the end of the day put youself in a liverpool players shoes, you go to work everyday press writting negatives about you, your club, your owners. Your on your way to the game and all the talk is about strikes, fan protests etc. Its not a stable place to be at the moment i can understand some of the players underperforming look at Joe Cole, its totaly on the other end of the scale from what he is used to from being at Chelsea. Blaiming Roy is just the easy way out simple as that, lets not forget Liverpool were woeful last season, yes i know its worse this season but the hiararcy(sp) situation of the club has got worse since last season.
its not the easy way. look at how they are play 4-4-2 with no wingers, you have no width, no chance of penetration. roy has got it wrong tactically, there is no questioning that, the passing stats are there to see

Roy's tactics don't cater to Torres' needs he doesn't have the strength to be a striker by himself dealing with long balls he needs the ball at his feet and i hope to god roy's buys a striker like Cardozo or Dzeko who can hold up the ball and then bring Torres into the game alot more then he is now

i think it was Kenny Dalglish who said the other week that Hodgson and the players can't keep blaming what's going up behind the scenes for how **** we've been, Madsheeps right, our tactics have been shocking! Pay £11 million for a CM and then play him RW, kinda pointless imo, if he wanted a RW'er, why not buy one?

as soon as the players and manager walk out for a game, all they should be thinking about is winning the game - after all, that's what there paid to do, there not paid to worry about whether we're gunna be sold or not, that's what the directors are for... also, even if we are took over, and have money to spend, who's gunna want to join a club in the bottom 3? not even challenging to be in the champions league? so, if the players want to challenge for the league, and get better players to join the club, then them and the gaffer need to buck their idea's up imo...

Yeah, first rule of being in charge. Everything is your fault. But, in fairness to Roy, There is a lot going wrong here.

The players don't seem to want to play well, the owners are driving the club further and further into debt and anyone that has ever had anything to do with the club has decided it's appropriate to make it known who's fault they think it is. All of that plus the fact that the manager is tactically slow is making hard to be success.

No **** well done hodgson you finally said/did something right!

Give ngog the chance with torres and play more attackive! the ****** 2 DMs dont work ffs

Play people in proper position like meireles and play with flair and style

Although as a United fan i find it funny, i also feel quite sad at what's happening to our greatest rivals and englands second biggest club. Should sack hodgson, never been a big fan of his.

What's going on, on and off the field are two very separate things. Look at United, **** owners, there have been protests going on for a couple of years now but they're still doing pretty well, no? Now look at us, we got beat by Blackpool 2-1 today and lost to Northampton last week.

Hodgson has to take responsibility and sort things out. He's playing the wrong system, playing our best players out of position leading to Torres getting no service. As someone has said he has brought in a centre-mid for 12 Million? And is playing him on the wing! Poulsen and Konchesky are a joke. It's in Hodgson's hands now.

As a club, we've got one of the best revenues/shirt sales Etc, problem is, it's all going to the interest of the club.

Roy's tactics don't cater to Torres' needs he doesn't have the strength to be a striker by himself dealing with long balls he needs the ball at his feet and i hope to god roy's buys a striker like Cardozo or Dzeko who can hold up the ball and then bring Torres into the game alot more then he is now
Torres is on his way out, he's gone. His legs are gone, and he's not trying. Come January, wether there's new owners or not, he's off.

why did he not bring babel on to play up front we needed the second goal and he brings on maxi he did nothing , he needs to drop poulsen for the derby he is to week hes not the same player when at sevilla

i would like this team to play everton in 2weeks

Reina
kelly Carragher Kyrgiakos Agger

Johnson Gerrard Meireles Cole

N'gog Kuyt

i mean carragher at left back? cmon, he hasn't got the pace to play centre back never mind as a full back,
although, you could make an argument for johnson not being a right back...

why did he not bring babel on to play up front we needed the second goal and he brings on maxi he did nothing , he needs to drop poulsen for the derby he is to week hes not the same player when at sevilla

i would like this team to play everton in 2weeks

Reina
kelly Carragher Kyrgiakos Agger

Johnson Gerrard Meireles Cole

N'gog Kuyt
Becuase Babel is ****.

Alright, but why are they getting criticised by the press? They're underperforming, and they've brought it upon themselves.

It's both Roy's and the player's faults. Roy for playing a frankly alarmingly bad formation and style for Liverpool and the players for not adapting and sulking around the field.

Torres is on his way out, he's gone. His legs are gone, and he's not trying. Come January, wether there's new owners or not, he's off.

Rubbish. He's lacking confidence and fitness, and the system doesn't suit him. He's not finished as a footballer, no way at all.

No **** well done hodgson you finally said/did something right!

Give ngog the chance with torres and play more attackive! the ****** 2 DMs dont work ffs

Play people in proper position like meireles and play with flair and style

2 ****** DMs? Like, say, Germany played at the WC? And Brazil? And Spain? And Holland? And Bayern Munich? And Inter?

Get a grip. Having two holding players is not a bad thing in itself, we in England just like to think it is because it looks far more defensive than a 4-4-2. As it happens, the defensive solidity a 4-2-3-1 (or variant) offers allows four attackers to play with freedom and fluidity, far more than a 4-4-2.

Alright, but why are they getting criticised by the press? They're underperforming, and they've brought it upon themselves.

It's both Roy's and the player's faults. Roy for playing a frankly alarmingly bad formation and style for Liverpool and the players for not adapting and sulking around the field.

Rubbish. He's lacking confidence and fitness, and the system doesn't suit him. He's not finished as a footballer, no way at all.

2 ****** DMs? Like, say, Germany played at the WC? And Brazil? And Spain? And Holland? And Bayern Munich? And Inter?

Get a grip. Having two holding players is not a bad thing in itself, we in England just like to think it is because it looks far more defensive than a 4-4-2. As it happens, the defensive solidity a 4-2-3-1 (or variant) offers allows four attackers to play with freedom and fluidity, far more than a 4-4-2.
He's not finished as a football, of course. He's finished in Liverpool, or even England. The way we play exposes him far too much, and even he's said he can't imagine himself playing in this league much longer, for his own health. Hodgson is far too stubborn to change the system.

torres isnt finished, you get him in a side that gives him balls into the channels and facing goal and he will show exactly what hes made of. if he goes to barca, you will see a fearsome return

Back