Reds form unacceptable - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K
i think the problem with torres, like rooney is that he's under intense presure from media and fans, and that they both have injuries that won't go away atm.

The way they are playing at the minute, three words spring to mind -

Bye Bye Roy.

He has a crop of quality players, from front to back. I don't know why they can't produce wins. Gerrard and Meireles in CM would decimate all, but they are not playing well. Torres is constantly unfit, which is a blow, but I still think a top class striker should have been brought in over the summer.

Last edited:
We miss having Mascherano sitting infront of the 2 centrebacks, Poulsen has been brought to try and do his job but he is rubbish, Lucas can just about do it but he is a more attacking midfielder than a holding player. It was fine when we had Mascherano and Lucas because Mascherano can sit infront of the centre backs and lucas could go up and support Gerrard when attacking. Now we dont have that and its exposing the weakness of our defence. Carragher isnt as good as he once was, and Johnson is appaling at defending.

Should never of signed Aurelio back as he is still injured with no return date set, Insua could have been a decent backup for Konchesky but no, we had to loan him out. Should never of loaned out Aquilani because even though he wouldnt be a first team player he would still be a better bench warmer than half of those on the bench.

Anyway at least in a week and abit time the Americans will be gone?:D

StuW Jovanovic came out today on LFCTV and said those reports are rubbish, he was quite passionate about defending himself.

Anyway we arnt the only team in Europe who are in dire form, Schalke are in just as much mess as us.

The way they are playing at the minute, three words spring to mind -

Bye Bye Roy.

He has a crop of quality players, from front to back. I don't know why they can't produce wins. Gerrard and Meireles in CM would decimate all, but they are not playing well. Torres is constantly unfit, which is a blow, but I still think a top class striker should have been brought in over the summer. Jovanovic already wants out, because Roy won't play him, and from what I have seen, he is a very good player.

Lol, hate to stop you there, but...he's been awful every match played, he's a headless chicken. Runs, runs, runs, then runs into the defence, lands on the deck, then complains to the ref. He's one of the worst players I've seen in years...
Also, Merieles is being played at RM...Roy calling for his own head there. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

We miss having Mascherano sitting infront of the 2 centrebacks, Poulsen has been brought to try and do his job but he is rubbish, Lucas can just about do it but he is a more attacking midfielder than a holding player. It was fine when we had Mascherano and Lucas because Mascherano can sit infront of the centre backs and lucas could go up and support Gerrard when attacking. Now we dont have that and its exposing the weakness of our defence. Carragher isnt as good as he once was, and Johnson is appaling at defending.

Should never of signed Aurelio back as he is still injured with no return date set, Insua could have been a decent backup for Konchesky but no, we had to loan him out. Should never of loaned out Aquilani because even though he wouldnt be a first team player he would still be a better bench warmer than half of those on the bench.

Anyway at least in a week and abit time the Americans will be gone?:D

StuW Jovanovic came out today on LFCTV and said those reports are rubbish, he was quite passionate about defending himself.

Anyway we arnt the only team in Europe who are in dire form, Schalke are in just as much mess as us.
Jhonson was fine at defending last year, but this year, his confidence is as low as Rooneys underwear (;)) and he's making silly mistakes. Insua wanted out. Aquilani wanted out, and he was **** last year. He wanted out so badly, he's said he is never going to play for us again.

Torres will always struggle but their was a way and possibly still is a way to sort that out. They need a big strong centre forward thats why i thought Carlton Cole would have been a better signing then people gave it credit for. And yer the manager deserves some blame but its definatly the owners without a dout, and yes Utd are going through the same thing but Utd were winning things before this all happend and you don't just lose that winning mentality especially with someone like Fergie as manager he wouldnt let that happen. Liverpool haven't won anything for a while, i will take my comments back about Rafa now though because i slated him but it seems the problem runs deeper then that.

He's not finished as a football, of course. He's finished in Liverpool, or even England. The way we play exposes him far too much, and even he's said he can't imagine himself playing in this league much longer, for his own health. Hodgson is far too stubborn to change the system.

Just for this, he isnt a good manager ..

At the end of the day put youself in a liverpool players shoes, you go to work everyday press writting negatives about you, your club, your owners. Your on your way to the game and all the talk is about strikes, fan protests etc. Its not a stable place to be at the moment i can understand some of the players underperforming look at Joe Cole, its totaly on the other end of the scale from what he is used to from being at Chelsea. Blaiming Roy is just the easy way out simple as that, lets not forget Liverpool were woeful last season, yes i know its worse this season but the hiararcy(sp) situation of the club has got worse since last season.

on the contrary, i think blaming the owners is taking the easy way out.

They are an easy target, they already made themselves unpopular by getting the club in all sorts of financial problems and proving several times that they know very little about football.

Nevertheless the easy target isnt always the right one. IMO Roy is not fully to blame, but i think he has got his tactics wrong. and ,on the evidence of the games played so far, also his transfer policy.

I believe that Liverpool's next game is the merseyside derby. if this is the case, it is a must win game for Liverpool IMO. a win boosts morale, and possibly kickstarts their season, plus nothing wins the fans over like a derby win.

A loss for Liverpool would, in my opinion, leave Roy in a percarious position even at this early stage. Liverpool have been rather awful this season and can hardly claim not to deserve being in the position they find themselves in. Relegation for Liverpool (yes i know, highly highly unlikely) could well mean the end of the club. More likely is the possibility of failing to qualify for the Europa league. this being the case Torres and Reina will surely want to leave, rendering Liverpool as little more than a mid table club.

Long story short, Liverpool need to turn things around. Quickly.

Torres will always struggle but their was a way and possibly still is a way to sort that out. They need a big strong centre forward thats why i thought Carlton Cole would have been a better signing then people gave it credit for. And yer the manager deserves some blame but its definatly the owners without a dout, and yes Utd are going through the same thing but Utd were winning things before this all happend and you don't just lose that winning mentality especially with someone like Fergie as manager he wouldnt let that happen. Liverpool haven't won anything for a while, i will take my comments back about Rafa now though because i slated him but it seems the problem runs deeper then that.
when you start to look at just how bad things are, you realise the sterling job rafa did, yes he made mistakes, but overall he did incredibly well.

roy isnt totally to blame, but hes failing on his front, the tactics

Last edited:
Me and Madsheep were talking about this the other day and why would the Yanks pull out if the fans are still funding them simple as that. I agree its easier said then done because as we both said if the regular fan pulled out the jonny come lately would snap up his tickett but it says alot about our mentality if we won't do something short term for the long term.

Thing is, by the Everton match, the Americans could be completely out of our club, so the mood could be much better.
If we lose to Everton, the fans may very well be fully wanting him out.

I still don't see how the financial situation should have any effect on the players.
Their main priority is to go out on the pitch, play 90 minutes and win.

Thing is, by the Everton match, the Americans could be completely out of our club, so the mood could be much better.
If we lose to Everton, the fans may very well be fully wanting him out.

I can see that the Yanks are causing more problems than they are solving, but surely, Roy has to just get on, and ignore the travesties going on behind the scenes. After all, he has the players, IMO to challenge ManUre and Chelski, but for some reason, whether it is his system, or whatever, he is not getting results. Martin O'Neill is always linked, but he won't join whilst the club is in turmoil.

I keep saying this time and time again it is not Roys fault, Until the off the field problems come to a stand still Liverpool will keep underperforming.

Yeah, because quality international players playing absolute **** against ******* Blackpool can be blamed on the owners. What do they do, give the players depressants or something?

Yeah, because quality international players playing absolute **** against ******* Blackpool can be blamed on the owners. What do they do, give the players depressants or something?

I doubt it. I don't think a depressant counts as a performing enhancing drug. And watch your language, you sound like you have had a bad day.

I doubt it. I don't think a depressant counts as a performing enhancing drug. And watch your language, you sound like you have had a bad day.
He's only said one swearie word 0.o

He needs to realise the way we're playing is not suiting us, for christ sake.

Of course :)
Well I meant how the **** are the owners making quality players play awful, by giving them depressants?

He's only said one swearie word 0.o

He needs to realise the way we're playing is not suiting us, for christ sake.

2, to be quaint. <)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Of course :)
Well I meant how the **** are the owners making quality players play awful, by giving them depressants?

Why would they give them depressants. I'll bet they want them to play as well as they can. If somebody wanted me to play well they would give me a McVities Rich Tea biscuit.

i dunno how true this is but apparently there's rumours going around Liverpool that Hodgson is already thinking of quitting, again, i don't know how true they are...

i dunno how true this is but apparently there's rumours going around Liverpool that Hodgson is already thinking of quitting, again, i don't know how true they are...

Your source?

2, to be quaint. <)

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Why would they give them depressants. I'll bet they want them to play as well as they can. If somebody wanted me to play well they would give me a McVities Rich Tea biscuit.

You've misunderstood, I'm poking fun at all the 'It's the owners' fault!' excuses...

Back