Reds form unacceptable - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K
I think it goes to show just how bad things are for liverpool fans when you get non-liverpool fans actually feeling sorry for them.

1. Oh Roy just quit to save some face for pete's sake!
2. Liverpool just sack Roy for pete's sake!
3.Do nothing and see Liverpool regelated!

If a sale of Torres brings in £30 million, which it most likely could (probably to an Italian team), that'd be more than enough money to shore up the issues in January. I'd say give chances to Pacheco, Wilson, and Shelvey if you have to for the time being. At least they'll follow orders and look to benefit the team plus they can get good experience from it.

Liverpool to do a Leeds?
It's a steady process. Liverpool are already not in champs league this season so are losing money there and have already lost some of their good players (Mascherano). Lets say they don't qualify for Europa league this season. They are then losing even more money plus the fact that players like Torres, Reina may not want to play for the team anymore. Liverpool sell these players but then can't replace them with players of the same quality due to not being in european competiton. They have to sign decent players instead. This leads them to becoming more like a mid table team and they have a team full of average players. Then a combination of poor manager/players not playing well could lead them to being relegated and then a horrible spiral. This process is otherwise known as 'doing a leeds'. All hypothetical of course and I hope it doesnt happen. But you would have to be extremely naive/ignorant to say there is no chance of this happening. Leeds fans know this all too well.
smile.gif

Any1 else heard Hodgson saying that we are in a 'relegation battle'. Its hardly a way to improve morale is it.

''Yes boys, your international players, 2 of you won the world cup, 2 were finalists. Now go fight for your team fighting against relegation.'' WTF?!?!?!

Also, i dont know if anyone else thought this but Kyrgiakos (sp) was played upfront in the last 5 mins and was our best chance of scoring. Now its worrying when a greek giant is your biggest threat upfront.

Liverpool to do a Leeds?
It's a steady process. Liverpool are already not in champs league this season so are losing money there and have already lost some of their good players (Mascherano). Lets say they don't qualify for Europa league this season. They are then losing even more money plus the fact that players like Torres, Reina may not want to play for the team anymore. Liverpool sell these players but then can't replace them with players of the same quality due to not being in european competiton. They have to sign decent players instead. This leads them to becoming more like a mid table team and they have a team full of average players. Then a combination of poor manager/players not playing well could lead them to being relegated and then a horrible spiral. This process is otherwise known as 'doing a leeds'. All hypothetical of course and I hope it doesnt happen. But you would have to be extremely naive/ignorant to say there is no chance of this happening. Leeds fans know this all too well.
smile.gif

OK, you don't need to post this about 5 times (estimate).
No Offence. ;)

Back