Reds form unacceptable - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 3K
as soon as the players and manager walk out for a game, all they should be thinking about is winning the game - after all, that's what there paid to do, there not paid to worry about whether we're gunna be sold or not, that's what the directors are for... also, even if we are took over, and have money to spend, who's gunna want to join a club in the bottom 3? not even challenging to be in the champions league? so, if the players want to challenge for the league, and get better players to join the club, then them and the gaffer need to buck their idea's up imo...

Economically, the way I see it, the worse the team does, the cheaper it gets for a potential buyout. Its not the same buying a losing team than a winning one. Maybe their shares get lower and eventually somebody will chip in with nice petrodollars!!! Having said this, is highly unlikely they will achieve relegation. What the should not do now, is sell any players. Their value is going down BIGTIME. Eg Torres, Kuyt....

I doubt it. I don't think a depressant counts as a performing enhancing drug. And watch your language, you sound like you have had a bad day.

I don't think you understand what he's trying to say. I think he's questioning how much the owners can affect the players, and jokingly said that to make them play as badly as they are, the owners must be giving them depressants. It's not the owners' fault for most of the on-field problems, the blame must lie at Hodgson and the players.

Well yesterday I drove up to Anfield from Bournemouth, I spent 10 hours of my day driving and spent in excess of £100 getting there and watching the match. I must say it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent; the performance was gutless and spineless. No one showed any glimpse of quality, interest or even effort. First half Blackpool played us off the park, passing and moving etc. The exact brand of football we want.

We need to change the owners, managers, players and basically everything. We need a manager in who has a plan B. I understand we aren’t going to win every game but the most frustrating thing is that all Hodgson does on the touchline is stand there and stroke his chin. He would keep two up top for 90 minutes, see it isn’t working but does nothing to change it until about 10 minutes from the end when he brings on two of the worlds worst wingers, Jovanovic and Rodriguez. Seriously, Rodriguez, what on earth does he offer?! Nothing, that’s what.

None of our players seem to care anymore, they would pass the ball and just stand still, not look for anything else. On another note however, massive massive credit to Blackpool and Holloway. The fans were magnificent and Blackpool were brilliant also. I’m sure they will stay up, in fact for the Premier League, they deserve to stay up. The whole game was summed up when the players came out for the restart. Liverpool players came out, there were a few claps here and there. Blackpool players emerged a couple of minutes later and the whole stadium stood up basically erupted into a round of applause. Well done Blackpool, thoroughly deserved.

Liverpool to get relegated, odds of 16/1. After yesterday I am not surprised.

Well yesterday I drove up to Anfield from Bournemouth, I spent 10 hours of my day driving and spent in excess of £100 getting there and watching the match. I must say it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent; the performance was gutless and spineless. No one showed any glimpse of quality, interest or even effort. First half Blackpool played us off the park, passing and moving etc. The exact brand of football we want.

We need to change the owners, managers, players and basically everything. We need a manager in who has a plan B. I understand we aren’t going to win every game but the most frustrating thing is that all Hodgson does on the touchline is stand there and stroke his chin. He would keep two up top for 90 minutes, see it isn’t working but does nothing to change it until about 10 minutes from the end when he brings on two of the worlds worst wingers, Jovanovic and Rodriguez. Seriously, Rodriguez, what on earth does he offer?! Nothing, that’s what.

None of our players seem to care anymore, they would pass the ball and just stand still, not look for anything else. On another note however, massive massive credit to Blackpool and Holloway. The fans were magnificent and Blackpool were brilliant also. I’m sure they will stay up, in fact for the Premier League, they deserve to stay up. The whole game was summed up when the players came out for the restart. Liverpool players came out, there were a few claps here and there. Blackpool players emerged a couple of minutes later and the whole stadium stood up basically erupted into a round of applause. Well done Blackpool, thoroughly deserved.

Roy must take some blame here tatcially, and personality wise. Tactically he is exposing liverpool every flaw, tring to rely on width with no wingers thus the play becomes very narrow. your star striker shorn of form and fitness is feeding on scraps (finally got a goal though), a top class central mid is plaing out wide... and to top it off he is not giving the players the kick up the backside.

What liverpool need right now is fire in their belly. and desire to come out swinging, win or lose. At least they could say they went down fighting. forget where joe cole wants to play. you have little width so you must power through the middle. get gerrard behind torres, lucas and merieles as the mobile shields, merieles deeper on the right to release johnson in attack. use your sides fitness to track through the middle attacking and defending as Unit.

and yet again, is he a good manager? not shouting , telling them they are playing like amateurs or something? does he not understand that the way the team is playing is awful ? why not change ? is he blind?

Apparently before they came to Liverpool, Rodriguez and Jovanovic were both pretty good players for their respective sides. If we are to improve this season I think Roy must sit down with them and tell them what he thinks of the way they have been playing. I think he needs to find out how to get the best of them because I think they are two fantastic players in their own right.

Apparently before they came to Liverpool, Rodriguez and Jovanovic were both pretty good players for their respective sides. If we are to improve this season I think Roy must sit down with them and tell them what he thinks of the way they have been playing. I think he needs to find out how to get the best of them because I think they are two fantastic players in their own right.
they were pretty good. i thought you had got a real bargain with those two if im honest. they are basically inside forwards if anything. you should be playing 4-2-3-1

they were pretty good. i thought you had got a real bargain with those two if im honest. they are basically inside forwards if anything. you should be playing 4-2-3-1

Yikes...I thought thats what we were playing. :S

When brought inside yesterday he was so much more effective. The tactics are complete wank.
my head actually dropped when i saw the tactical line up, and i am obviously no liverpool fan by any means. awful thinking

my head actually dropped when i saw the tactical line up, and i am obviously no liverpool fan by any means. awful thinking

When I saw him line up out wide I was fuming. I'm not sure what he was thinking.

I believe roy has to take his fair share of the blame. He has top be held responsible for the teams tactics and for not motivating the players. Fair enough it doesnt help when the board are fighting with each other but thats no excuse for being in the botton three. The players and Roy should be ashamed of themselves for the way they have performed recently.

I really hope that this is just a bedding in period and takes the players and manager a bit of time to adjust to the new system. I guess only time will tell

This is honestly dire. Whilst it would be easy to laugh at Liverpool (and I admit myself guilty of a quiet snigger at fulltime after Blackpool) my overriding emotion is just sadness. A whole cacophony of errors and bad luck have played their part - Gillett & Hicks, injuries, Roy Hodgson's tactical naivity - in making Liverpool a club in serious trouble both on and off the pitch. Holloway summed it up best: "I heard one guy shout: 'They are not Real Madrid, get tighter to them'. However, last year Real Madrid did come to Anfield and were beaten 4-0." What has happened since almost defies analysis.

Liverpool FC at Anfield is about as close to the home of football as you can possibly get, and the fans there are without doubt some of the best in England. The graciousness with which they applauded Blackpool off and on the field is both heartwarming and generous. If anyone deserves a lucky break, it's the Liverpool fans and I hope for two things, at least: Roy Hodgson playing the way 'Pool need to, and for Fernando Torres to get fit and firing. Those two things alone will surely guarentee Liverpool a top half finish.

Back