Reds will turn corner - Hodgson

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 3K
Obviously i don't want them too but i think they will turn a corner. Its only a matter of time before they click together. I do think they would have more points on the board if they signed a big target man to play along side now days made of paper (unfortunatly) Torres.

Just been watching 08-09 games, god id give anything for our central midfield to be Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard again :( you dont get much better than them.

what excatly is roy ment to do he has still got BENITEZ SQUAD bar a few signings !

The team is easily good enough, bar Konchesky (a Hodgson signing). The squad isn't the problem it's the way Roy is trying to get the team to play, it doesn't work with the type of players we have. He needs to adjust and give the team some freedom.

konchesky looks a waste of money, surely he could of signed someone better than him. He looked poor in hs first couple of games. Especially when marking nani.

konchesky looks a waste of money, surely he could of signed someone better than him. He looked poor in hs first couple of games. Especially when marking nani.

Looked solid on his debut just had a bad day at United...

He signed Konchesky because he is a 7 out of 10 player week in week out and Liverpool didn't have many of them last season. I have said it time and time again Hodgson took over a sinking ship and until the off field situation comes to a hault and the club is stable i don't think you will see the best from this Liverpool team.

Looked solid on his debut just had a bad day at United...

Was poor against Steaua and all, looked okay against Birmingham, would rather have Insua tbh.

12 Days 'til Admin :)

Downside is, Hodgson will still be in charge...
I don't see how Hodgson being in charge is a bad thing, he is a great manager, and we should appreciate his effort. To join a club in massive debt and with hardly any transfer budget from a club which he is a legend, got to the Europa League Final and basically built himself, is a win in itself. We just need to keep faith.

rbs dont really want to own you though so dont see it as a good thing yet, ill post an article in a minute
They can't be worse than the Yanks can they? I mean, even the Glazers aren't!

I don't like seing Liverpool doing badly, or Hodgson for that matter, both deserve better than what they're getting. Results having been going great for them, but judge the whole team come the end off the season..

Well, nobody was really expecting Liverpool to get instant results from Hodgson.

This is a manager who saved Fulham from relegation and went on to lead them into a European final.

It takes time and if Hodgson is given that, then Liverpool will start to see results.

Konchesky is ****. End of. He is out of his depth. Id rather have seen Insua tbh, he's still learning and i dont think he's that bad a player, but Woy doesnt seem to fancy him as a player. Liking what ive seen of Meireles so far, he's quality. Comfortable on the ball, good range of passing, likes to get forward. Woy will get there, he just needs time.

Lets see what will happen today, im hoping with the return of Gerrard, Torres, etc that we can get a win today but we need to sort out the supply to Torres. As for the Konchesky debate hes a solid player who can do the job, hes not a world class but he is exactly what we need. Insua didnt have the experience to play consistently well, Aurelio was always injured (still is). He isnt going to set the world alight but he isnt going to make alot of mistakes.

Anyway guys we must keep our heads up and remember Youll Never Walk Alone.

The thing is Liverpool have a good enough team to challenge for the top 4. If their main players stay fit (Gerrard and Torres) they certainly are capable. If they have a good run with a couple wins the confidence will rocket and they will be back to Liverpool of old.

Another poor performance against Sunderland - How many points are going to be blown while this playing system, which I'm not liking at all, beds in ? I have to say I'm now having my doubts as to wether RH is in over his head - I expected him to get the team playing far better than this, far sooner. It's still early days but the signs are not looking good.

We are consistently making the opposition look better than us - no disrespect to Sunderland , but we should be beating them at home. :S

Sunderland was our chance to turn the corner and we blew it.
I don't understand at Fulham he played attacking football and now whenever we take the lead or are drawing we play defensive it just doesn't work

correct me if i, wrong but i see only 3 top players Torres, Gerrard, Reina and 1 decent player but who gives his blood on the field in Carragah The rest are ****.
The best thing that can happen is Liverpool go int Admin (even if it means 9 point penalty) to force those dumb Yanks out. Cant see Gerrard or Jamie leaving, they will sell Torres and Reina for big money (hopefully Arsenal). and sell the club to a decent hounrable owner. The expectation of the club will be more realistic and only fight for top 7 position. But slight good news is that they still have good youth set up (influeneced by Benitiz) In Time they will come back.
The only difference between Liverpool and Man Utd situation is Man U were a great club when their Yanks took over so were and still are winning/competing. Once Fergie leaves Old Trafford will be a ticking financial bomb.

correct me if i, wrong but i see only 3 top players Torres, Gerrard, Reina and 1 decent player but who gives his blood on the field in Carragah The rest are ****

So:
Glen Johnson - England number 1 right back
Daniel Agger - Both Milan's wanted last summer
Raul Meireles - A great centre-mid who nearly signed for Chelsea
Joe Cole - What England were missing at the World Cup
Maxi Rodriguez - 80-odd caps for Argentina
Dirk Kuyt - Brilliant work rate, great player to have in the team

You think all those are '****'?

Back