Glen Johnson - England number 1 right back
Daniel Agger - Both Milan's wanted last summer
Raul Meireles - A great centre-mid who nearly signed for Chelsea
Joe Cole - What England were missing at the World Cup
Maxi Rodriguez - 80-odd caps for Argentina
Dirk Kuyt - Brilliant work rate, great player to have in the team

You think all those are '****'?

Owned.

Lucas Leiva - Best Midfielder in the world.

good point, dont think these players are "****" but I should have been more clear and say that these players are not Liverpool Quality

Glen Johnson not and never will be Top Class
Daniel Agger to be fair was good when first joined but suffered from injuries
Meireles I think you need to Google the meaning of great
Joe Cole good player, but missing extra pace and consistancy
Rodriguez has been rubbish for liverpool and his best days are well behind him
Kuyt, cant fault his work rate or attitude, but not enough quality

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

Stuff like this really annoys me, Utd are in a mess now, and it wont change if Fergie is incharge or not.

But because Man U are competing in league and Europe it is masking the off field problems to an extent. When fergie, scholes, giggs, neville, Van Der sar, ferdinand all leave in the near future the finances will becom a major issue when it comes to replacing them/

Wasnt meant to annoy you

I like to support the players as much as i can but even i will say Maxi Rodriguez has been shocking in a Liverpool shirt.

But because Man U are competing in league and Europe it is masking the off field problems to an extent. When fergie, scholes, giggs, neville, Van Der sar, ferdinand all leave in the near future the finances will becom a major issue when it comes to replacing them/

Wasnt meant to annoy you

It more just the "when Fergie leaves" Rubbish, We are Manchester United, We move on from anyone, no-one is bigger then the club.

So:
Glen Johnson - England number 1 right back
Daniel Agger - Both Milan's wanted last summer
Raul Meireles - A great centre-mid who nearly signed for Chelsea
Joe Cole - What England were missing at the World Cup
Maxi Rodriguez - 80-odd caps for Argentina
Dirk Kuyt - Brilliant work rate, great player to have in the team

You think all those are '****'?

will have to say that them players listed are not world class. I think any man and his dog would agree that Pool do only have 3 World Class players and they are Torres, Gerrard and Reina, but you do have Carragher who gives his blood for the cause which hugely helps but he isen't world class. All players mentioned their are good players in their own right other wise they wouldn't be where they are now obviously but they are not World Class.

Does this Manchester United stuff have anything to do with Liverpool turning a corner?

will have to say that them players listed are not world class. I think any man and his dog would agree that Pool do only have 3 World Class players and they are Torres, Gerrard and Reina, but you do have Carragher who gives his blood for the cause which hugely helps but he isen't world class. All players mentioned their are good players in their own right other wise they wouldn't be where they are now obviously but they are not World Class.

I would take issue with that. Raul Merieles is most definitely world class, not on the same level as Gerrard of course, but I would say he is the best midfielder of his type in the world, bar possibly De Rossi.

Agger, like Kuyt, is criminally underrated, and Johnson is young and able to improve defensively. Going forward he is a superb fullback, two footed, has a great shot, strong, good in the air, quick. Cole is a quality operator, we all know this, and hasn't yet captured his best form. Give him time. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Anyway, all this is beside the point. Point is that Liverpool have a good first team, good enough to get into the top four when all are fit and firing. What 'Pool don't have is an entire squad of world class players, but they don't need that. You don't need every single player in your team to be world class to do well. You need one or two top class players, surrounded by competent ones. I would argue that right now, Man City have at least the same amount of "World Class" players in their team as Liverpool (Tevez, Silva, Y Toure are the only truly world class players in their squad), and they beat Chelsea the other day.

Last edited:
I would take issue with that. Raul Merieles is most definitely world class, not on the same level as Gerrard of course, but I would say he is the best midfielder of his type in the world, bar possibly De Rossi.

Agger, like Kuyt, is criminally underrated, and Johnson is young and able to improve defensively. Going forward he is a superb fullback, two footed, has a great shot, strong, good in the air, quick. Cole is a quality operator, we all know this, and hasn't yet captured his best form. Give him time. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Anyway, all this is beside the point. Point is that Liverpool have a good first team, good enough to get into the top four when all are fit and firing. What 'Pool don't have is an entire squad of world class players, but they don't need that. You don't need every single player in your team to be world class to do well. You need one or two top class players, surrounded by competent ones. I would argue that right now, Man City have at least the same amount of "World Class" players in their team as Liverpool (Tevez, Silva, Y Toure are the only truly world class players in their squad), and they beat Chelsea the other day.
its not just who you have, but what you do with it that matters.

its not just who you have, but what you do with it that matters.

Well precisely. Much as I am reluctant to praise the bluenoses, Birmingham are a case in point. Without the better quality of players that other teams had, they still managed to finish above teams such as West Ham and Sunderland through defensive discipline and supreme organisation. Sames goes for Villa, who have no world class players but still finished above Liverpool.

Does this Manchester United stuff have anything to do with Liverpool turning a corner?

in a way yes, because the same issues are arising to each club. I have no love for these clubs, but end of day THEY ARE the biggest clubs in the country by far and with the history of success. so every fan no matter which club they support should take some interest and worry that this could happen to their own club

Yer i agree that Kuyt is underrated but i try and look at the bests sides around at the moment the Barca, Madrid, Chelsea, Utd etc because majorty of their players are World class and Kuyt wouldn't get into them. But i said this the other day i agree they have a side good enough to win the ****** league let alone in the top 4 but they won't because of all this **** off the field, until that is resolved you won't see Pool at their best i can guarrentee that.

roy hodgson is a good manager, liverpool are a decent side - they've just had a difficult start in terms of fixtures (arsenal, city and united in first five games)

any talk of him being removed as liverpool manager is just ludacrous, the season is just a few games old - the media should just lay off and let roy do his job and judge at the end of the season

Back