Replacement Players, Season 2 Man Utd

Average Joe

Reaction score
Evra and Carrick want rickydiculous wages to stay on and I'm a bit tight. Evra has now agreed to move to Monaco on a free, Carrick may leave free as well.

I want a left back to replace Evra. I have sold Buttner. I have been looking at Luke Shaw and Alex Sandro from Porto. Any advice on these, or any others you recommend?

Need a deep lying playmaker to play in defensive midfield. Looked at Oliver from Athletico and Ward Prowse so far. I have Powell but will he be good enough? Anderson was sold to Shakthar beginning of season 1

I currently have 20mil in February but I'm hoping to get more cash for the next season.

Thanks (K)

For LB I would suggest Ben Davies or Luke shaw. Have you looked at goretzka for cm? Haven't played much fm(30hours) but he looks to be class

left back look at Clyne or even look at Luna or Lowton from Villa (dont listen to scouts) their very consistant and probs under ?7m. DLP look at K.Honda M.Badelj Ruben Pardo G.Xhaka or Kovavic

Cheers guys!

I did have a look at Ben Davies, is he Man Utd standard?

Goretzka I dont think I have looked at at all. Sadly by the time I remembered Honda he had agreed a contract with Marseille.

M.Badelj, Ruben Pardo, G.Xhaka I will scout when I get home.

Nobody got opinions on Ward Prowse or Alex Sandro then? Sandro looks a pretty good all round LB

ward prowse is class but he would be better off buying then loaning out aand LB lok at Dodo from Roma

What's your current line up pal? Not played past the first season but surely you could get abit of money for Carrick? Just a thought.. Ben Davies was class for me at Swansea and wouldn't say he isn't Man Utd quality :)

Yes mate he looks class. What was Honda like for you? Not sure whether he's good enough but for free it's a very tempting deal. Also, what budgets do you get? Cheers again pal.

What's your current line up pal? Not played past the first season but surely you could get abit of money for Carrick? Just a thought.. Ben Davies was class for me at Swansea and wouldn't say he isn't Man Utd quality :)

Carrick is running out of contract mate and wants too much to re sign so I'd like to get a new face in ready

GK - De Gea
Lb - Evra (Fabio or Balanta can play there too)
CB - Vidic, Ferdinind (Evans, Jones, Doria, Balanta, Smalling)
RB - Rafael (Fabio, Smalling)

LM - Kagawa (Young, Nani, Januzaj)
DM ball winner Felliani (Fletcher, Jones, Balanta)
DM deepl lying playmaker - Carrick (Cleverly :/ )
RM Valencia (Young, Nani)

Strikers Rooney, RVP (Hernandez Welbeck)

() are subs / back ups

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Yeah like I say I'd look at Davies as he was quality for me. Another player I'm looking to sign (like I say - just literally started a save) is Reus? Ashley Young isn't good enough IMO and Reus is available for less than ?30m. How about Gundogan pal?

GK – David De Gea
LB – Ben Davies
LCB – Nemanja Vidic
RCB – Rio Ferdinand
RB – Rafael Da Silva
LCM – Michael Carrick
RCM – Marouane Fellaini
AML – Shinji Kagawa
AMC – Wayne Rooney
AMR – Adnan Januzaj
ST – Robin van Persie

I feel this side is strong enough to at least challenge for major honours i.e. The BPL and Champions League, and will use players like Balanta, Jones, Smalling, Fabio etc. in cups. Currently trying to sell Young, Valencia, Carrick, Evra and Nani - so I will need a winger or 2. If you've got any advice mate that'd be class, bounce idea's off each other XD

I feel this side is strong enough to at least challenge for major honours i.e. The BPL and Champions League, and will use players like Balanta, Jones, Smalling, Fabio etc. in cups. Currently trying to sell Young, Valencia, Carrick, Evra and Nani - so I will need a winger or 2. If you've got any advice mate that'd be class, bounce idea's off each other XD

Keep Valencia mate, lots of assists for me! Also have RVP taking corners. In 30 Games for me so far he has 25 goals 26 assists!!

Also Smalling you may want to keep as hes been really good, specially at scoring headers.

Not sure about wingers to buy mate as I've not really been looking for any on my save. Reus for just under 30 could be class though.

Keep Valencia mate, lots of assists for me! Also have RVP taking corners. In 30 Games for me so far he has 25 goals 26 assists!!

Also Smalling you may want to keep as hes been really good, specially at scoring headers.

Not sure about wingers to buy mate as I've not really been looking for any on my save. Reus for just under 30 could be class though.

Top man. What corner instructions do you use?! Yeah was thinking about selling Smalling as Balanta seems a better, cheaper option but I'll keep him as there is no rush either way. Thinking about Ross Barkley (14m) and Koke (12m), not sure about yours but Mo Diame has a 3.5m release clause and that seems a decent buy (back up for Fellaini) not 100% sure yet though.

Top man. What corner instructions do you use?! Yeah was thinking about selling Smalling as Balanta seems a better, cheaper option but I'll keep him as there is no rush either way. Thinking about Ross Barkley (14m) and Koke (12m), not sure about yours but Mo Diame has a 3.5m release clause and that seems a decent buy (back up for Fellaini) not 100% sure yet though.

Not seen Diame to be honest mate. Will have a peek though!

All I do is set the corner to front post and get a tall player to go front post. Works quite well without seeming too overpowered.

My mate bought Barkley for Spurs and said he was brilliant! I think Koke might have a release clause, may be wrong!

I bought in Luke Shaw and kept Fabio as back up - Shaw won golden boy of the year in 3rd season and he has been immense so consitent, Fabio is also could back up, scores belters from distance and even if my team doesn't perform he seems to be the stand out player getting himself a 9.0 overall, how he does it I don't know.
3rd season I bought in Pogba, questionably one of the best Centre Mids on the game? anyone agree? hes a ball winner, a goal scorers and seems to me like he takes the game from the scruff of the neck and can win me games single handedly.

I bought in Luke Shaw and kept Fabio as back up - Shaw won golden boy of the year in 3rd season and he has been immense so consitent, Fabio is also could back up, scores belters from distance and even if my team doesn't perform he seems to be the stand out player getting himself a 9.0 overall, how he does it I don't know.
3rd season I bought in Pogba, questionably one of the best Centre Mids on the game? anyone agree? hes a ball winner, a goal scorers and seems to me like he takes the game from the scruff of the neck and can win me games single handedly.

When did you buy Shaw and how much did he cost mate? Been scouting him for ages and he always seems to get a good write up after a match!

For LB go for Leighton Baines, Alaba, Luke Shaw or Ben Davies.

And for midfielder you already have Powell but if you want you can buy Will Hughes, James Ward Prowse, Leon Goretzka or Ross Barkley.