Replacement Players, Season 2 Man Utd

Got Shaw in for 16mill, he was getting assists galore and would pop up with a goal here and there. Definitely one of my favourite left backs to be honest very consistent declare your interest in him and try some cheeky bids suggest the terms to southampton and see what they respond with.

Got Shaw in for 16mill, he was getting assists galore and would pop up with a goal here and there. Definitely one of my favourite left backs to be honest very consistent declare your interest in him and try some cheeky bids suggest the terms to southampton and see what they respond with.

Cheers for the advice mate :) 16 mil is a lot but if he is as good as you say then might be worth it, specially at his age! Do his attributes develop much?

Will leave me with about 5 mil to spend if I can get shaw for 16. May have to hope Nick Powell can step up as a DLP :S

What I tend to do is, in the 1st season you get 33mill to spend. I sold all the deadwood although Young proves hard to sell.. Then I bring it some young players and ship them out on load. I believe the squad you start off with at United should at least win the league, and have a decent run in the Champions league. Then hopefully if you succeed and win honours in the 1st season you will get quite a hefty transfer kitty in the 2nd season and that is when I'll spend big on players in my 1st save for united I sold nani, valencia etc and bought in Draxler and Ocampos and they were awesome signings! Between them they scored 30+ goals for me and I played Januzaj in the AM position he just caused havok and created goals and scored a fair few.

How much did you pay for Pogba? I paid... lots of money for him, haha!
As for left back I went "all in" for Jordi Alba. Few games and he's being... really good up front, but horrible defensively. Still, I would go for him as he's kind of an almot complete package.
Southampton was asking too much for Luke Shaw (18 mil I guess) but I'm really looking forward to what people think of him for the near future and beyond. As of now, too much money for someone incomplete and that would take at least (imho) 3 years to be starting eleven material (for a big club).

What I tend to do is, in the 1st season you get 33mill to spend. I sold all the deadwood although Young proves hard to sell.. Then I bring it some young players and ship them out on load. I believe the squad you start off with at United should at least win the league, and have a decent run in the Champions league. Then hopefully if you succeed and win honours in the 1st season you will get quite a hefty transfer kitty in the 2nd season and that is when I'll spend big on players in my 1st save for united I sold nani, valencia etc and bought in Draxler and Ocampos and they were awesome signings! Between them they scored 30+ goals for me and I played Januzaj in the AM position he just caused havok and created goals and scored a fair few.
Manchester United is a strange team: strong enough, but...have a few problems. Evra is still good but ageing, Carrick too, so is van Persie (and I hope to God he goes on for at least 3 more years in that same level). Also, You should consider that you can get really good prices at the beginnig of a save, specially youngsters.
I sold a few players, including unfortunately Kagawa (as I don't like to use a AMC), and bought AML, MC and leftback, and the rest of the money I spent on youngster (about 3).
My experience: won everything inside England and lost to Manchester City in the quarter final round of Champions League. So far so good I guess.

I went for Verratti who is coming next season. Will cost 18 mil over all but is still young and has good attributes. He only wanted around 25k wages too!

Hopefully I will get a decent budget to bring in Shaw too at some stage. If not I will try the Porto LB that my scouts say should go for around 12 mil

Yeah I'd bring it Shaw as soon as you can to be honest, His price will just inflate because he constantly gets games at S'hampton and impresses all the time.
Where do all you lot play Januzaj then? In my 1st save I played him as an AMC and he had a shed load of assists and I think he'd finish the season with at least 6-7 goals? It would be good to know where all you lot have tried him.

Yeah I'd bring it Shaw as soon as you can to be honest, His price will just inflate because he constantly gets games at S'hampton and impresses all the time.
Where do all you lot play Januzaj then? In my 1st save I played him as an AMC and he had a shed load of assists and I think he'd finish the season with at least 6-7 goals? It would be good to know where all you lot have tried him.

Southampton look like they may be relegated in may save, I'm hoping so as it might make Shaw and Ward Prowse want to force a move haha

Januzaj I have been rotating with Kagawa on left mid. Not either of their best positions but they play well and I have only lost one game so far. I don't use an AMC so I am training them both as wide players

Yeah in my new save the one I'm currently playing now Januzaj has been immense at left wing but set him as an advanced playmaker and rotating with Kagawa. So far hes played 8 in the prem with 4 assists. RVP is on fire for me playing 9 scored 11

Yeah in my new save the one I'm currently playing now Januzaj has been immense at left wing but set him as an advanced playmaker and rotating with Kagawa. So far hes played 8 in the prem with 4 assists. RVP is on fire for me playing 9 scored 11

RVP is a machine on this game!

Problem I am generally having is my players getting tired. Trying to rotate a lot but Carrick and Rafael do need rests fairly regularly. Hoping my budget is enough for a left back and a few decent cover players. Felaini injured for 7 months! Got Fletcher, Jones and Balanta who can cover him though

Same here mate, a lot of my players get jaded rotation is definitely the key. But I've got plenty of cover I've kept Zaha as back up for Valencia and both of them perform well fairplay. I think I should do pretty well this season I've only lost 1 game so far this season and I'm doing well in the league cup and champions league - knocked out chelsea and spurs in the league cup and sitting on top of my table in the champs league group stages, Also sitting top of the prem 6 points clear.

Same here mate, a lot of my players get jaded rotation is definitely the key. But I've got plenty of cover I've kept Zaha as back up for Valencia and both of them perform well fairplay. I think I should do pretty well this season I've only lost 1 game so far this season and I'm doing well in the league cup and champions league - knocked out chelsea and spurs in the league cup and sitting on top of my table in the champs league group stages, Also sitting top of the prem 6 points clear.

I loaned Zaha out to Newcastle, Powell is on loan and I sold Buttner and Anderson so my squad was reduced a bit until January where I signed Doria and Balanta - I know defense was not a MUST, but Ferdinand is 207 years old and Vidic is getting on now.

How does Zaha play for you? Worth keeping when he returns from loan? His attributes didn't impress me too much when I had a glance.

Newcastle seem to be my bogey team, the beat me 1-0 with a late goal first match, then the second game later in the season drew with me 2-2 after I was 2 up by half time haha

He hasn't been to bad, obviously easing him in slowly but I think his pace etc would help me out towards the end of games etc. Just decided to give him ago. I got rid of Buttner, Anderson and Nani. Bought in Doria, Oliver and Zivkovic mostly youngsters this season then I'll crack on and bolster my team abit more in the 2nd season.

View attachment 462417

He hasn't been to bad, obviously easing him in slowly but I think his pace etc would help me out towards the end of games etc. Just decided to give him ago. I got rid of Buttner, Anderson and Nani. Bought in Doria, Oliver and Zivkovic mostly youngsters this season then I'll crack on and bolster my team abit more in the 2nd season.

View attachment 401210

How much did you get for Oliver? Looked at him myself but they wanted loads!

I got him for 14mill a bit steep but I think he could be worth it, sent him out on loan to Sporting he played 4 scored 2 with 1 assist but hes now broken his ankle and out for 3months :S

I got him for 14mill a bit steep but I think he could be worth it, sent him out on loan to Sporting he played 4 scored 2 with 1 assist but hes now broken his ankle and out for 3months :S

Gutting! How far into the season are you? I'm eagerly waiting to see my budget for next year haha. Need a LB (unless I train Balanta there properly) and a few good back up players

Have you given Fabio a go at LB he is awesome seriously! hes consistently performing for me but its just his fitness but I'm looking at getting him to improve on his fitness I am currently at the beginning of December should be able to get through the 1st season today with the missus being at work haha! Just beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1-0 RVP with the winner.

This is how Fabios getting on not to bad with an overall of 7.95

View attachment 462416

Have you given Fabio a go at LB he is awesome seriously! hes consistently performing for me but its just his fitness but I'm looking at getting him to improve on his fitness I am currently at the beginning of December should be able to get through the 1st season today with the missus being at work haha! Just beaten Chelsea at Stamford Bridge 1-0 RVP with the winner.

This is how Fabios getting on not to bad with an overall of 7.95

View attachment 401213

I've basically used Fabio when Evra is out or Rafael is tired and he has done well which does make me wonder if I should give him more of a chance! Not sure how much I can improve his attributes though. May be worth giving him the 1st team spot and Balanta as back up I guess!

Yeah definitely, I'll look to sell Evra in the 2nd season and bring in Shaw then rotate between Fabio and Shaw, Really want a holding midfielder because Carrick is getting on abit now - May bring in Balanta to replace Vidic pair him with Doria and have Jones as a holding midfielder although he turns into a worldclass centre back we'll see.
Will look to bring in a a striker to replace RVP as well and train him up so he's able to replace him in the 3rd or 4th season. Oliver will be back in the 2nd season so I'll play him abit more in the 1st team aswell.