• Zlatan Imbrahimovic

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other, Please State

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people suggesting young strikers, we already have:
Macheda, Welbeck, Hernandez, Mame Diouf and Bebe.

We need a goalscorer like Kevin Doyle ;)

thats not what it said, he said Gill didnt assurances. we cant guarantee we can get the big names, which is nothing new, we just dont have the financial firepower.

And you can't keep hold of your big names, isen't that a little worrying??

And you can't keep hold of your big names, isen't that a little worrying??

No its not worrying. Cantona retired at 30, Best left at 27, Keano left when we were in transition, Beckham , RVN all left, but there will be someone to step up and its nothing new for SAF to build one more tea. Yes we are tight with finances, but if we are not successful on the pitch, Glazers cant do **** to solve the debt issues. So they have to fund it.

And Rooney is not bigger than club and its not his duty to ask management how to rum or ask SAF whom to buy. If we are having Mediocre bunch he is alos part of it and from past 6-7 months the way he played, he can hardly complain.

No its not worrying. Cantona retired at 30, Best left at 27, Keano left when we were in transition, Beckham , RVN all left, but there will be someone to step up and its nothing new for SAF to build one more tea. Yes we are tight with finances, but if we are not successful on the pitch, Glazers cant do **** to solve the debt issues. So they have to fund it.

And Rooney is not bigger than club and its not his duty to ask management how to rum or ask SAF whom to buy. If we are having Mediocre bunch he is alos part of it and from past 6-7 months the way he played, he can hardly complain.

But i feel this is a totally different situation and you can tell Fergie is worried this time. If a player in the past said i want to leave Fergie would have said ok fine go, but this time round he is saying the contract is still there for him to sign if he ever changes his mind. I think he is genuinly worried for the future of the club, Utd have no ready replacement for Rooney and no guarrentee of future income.

IMO there is a big chance of some billionaire coming and buying the club in the next 2-3 years!

from the list a think the best option is Higuain, but he is impossible i think

so..

Nilmar ¿? yes nilmar not neymar
a very good if he is in fit. (cheap option i think)

Llorente ¿? this guy is amazing

Dzeko ¿? He would be a good option too.

Diego Milito ¿? its a quite old but excelent player, i would love to see him playing with Bervatov.
Sammy eto`o ¿? same as milito

maybe a young star:
Elijero Elia ¿? It`s a winger, i watch him some matches and i think he has a inmense future.
Eden Hazard ¿? same as Elia

or an english player like:
Gabby Agbonlahor
Darren Bent
Andy Carroll

Last edited:
It's obvious now Sell Rooney get Bale, stick him up front

Last edited:
Let's be realistic. One of the reasons why Rooney wants out is because of the financial stresses the Glazers have put on the club and the lack of ambition Rooney thinks the club currently has as a result of such strains.

This in no way means a replacement would be found for Wayne. Owen, Macheda, Diouf, Welbeck, Berbatov and Hernandez all occupy the same spot on the roster (albeit it some are already out on loan). Management would probably say there's enough strike power there to temporarily fill the gap if Rooney should go. We all don't want to say it, but it's likely the Glazers would take straight cash for him. Estimations are in the realm of £40 - £60 million it seems. Hardly enough considering Ronaldo went for about 20% more and both are around the same age.

I think what will happen is this transfer saga will continue into January where Sir Alex will say, "Allright, Wayne, here's you chance if you want out." He'll snoop around and look at City and Chelsea since apparently he doesn't want a move to Spain or Italy. He could either balk at the offers and it can continue into the summer, sign a contract extension, or probably move to Chelsea. Ancelotti knows his strike partnership can't get anything but worse and with Drogba expressing he wants to go back to OM, Rooney offers the same type of player. Keep in mind, City are still NOT guaranteed Champion's League football come January when the window opens.

Bottom line, he'll probably either stay or move to London with the Blues and the money will go to service the debt. Besides, if this thing carries on for another 3 months, it'll just cause irreversible damage to club and Rooney. Let's all grasp our head around in, accept it, and move forward.

How much money are United going to spend realistically on transfers though?

Either it's Torres or Tevez.
Ibra is not leaving Milan for a long time, and Higuain just doesn't have the same style like the rest of the team in Man Utd.

Rooney is going to play in the Italian league this time.

Or neither seeing as Rooney is now staying..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back