Votes: 19 17.9%
  • Zlatan Imbrahimovic

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other, Please State

Votes: 24 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wouldnt cry if we signed Bent tbh. good proven player, who if given a chance would score.

Why when talking about replacing wayne do we always look at foreigners when we have english players who scores goals in bent or a defoe. Even look at an english playermaker/winger in Ashley Young.

out of the options though ideally i would like to see torres. but really come on?
simple, for me anyway. The price. It's silly how much more would we have to pay for the equivalent standard of player

simple, for me anyway. The price. It's silly how much more would we have to pay for the equivalent standard of player

We spent 27million on wayne, that is standard for a player of that standard any nationality. Sunderland spent 10million on bent that is cheap. They arent all rip offs.

What would United fans rather - a poacher (Van Nisters style) or a player more of a Rooney playing style?

We spent 27million on wayne, that is standard for a player of that standard any nationality. Sunderland spent 10million on bent that is cheap. They arent all rip offs.
but the majority are

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

What would United fans rather - a poacher (Van Nisters style) or a player more of a Rooney playing style?
id' rather have a playmaker

still why not search for that english player at a good rate, then look for a foreigner at the same rate.
there are only a handful of those players. remember most of these are in the england squad and/or belong to our various rivals

Wayne could be going to our rivals? doesnt really matter to much.
it does when it comes to the asking price, which goes back to my original point. really want a left sided playmaker, or a playmaker forward

I honestly couldn't see Fergie going out and buying someone if Rooney goes, that's why I think it could be a Benzema swap. We've scored plenty this season without Wayne, so we don't need to replace him. Maybe Owen, Macheda and Hernandez will get more playing time, plus that youngster, Cofie, looks promising too.

I'd love us to go out and sign a Jovetic or Young, but I just can't see it - he could have bought an expensive replacement for Ronaldo but didn't, I don't think the funds are there

Maybe the Glazers will hoover up Rooneyo's transfer fee, as happened with that cheeky chappy Ronaldo.....

This is what im worried about because Fergie saw none of the money from Ronaldo's transfer and i fear the same will happen if Rooney goes aswell. The only was i can see this happening for the best for Utd is if they get some money and Benzema in the deal. Also something that happend in a Mourinho press conference the other day was quite wierd, when asked about the possible transfer of Rooney he said i don't want to talk about it but we have to great strikers at the moment in Ronaldo and Higuian.... No Benzema in that list and we all know Jose isen't Karim's biggest fan so who knows.

This is what im worried about because Fergie saw none of the money from Ronaldo's transfer and i fear the same will happen if Rooney goes aswell. The only was i can see this happening for the best for Utd is if they get some money and Benzema in the deal. Also something that happend in a Mourinho press conference the other day was quite wierd, when asked about the possible transfer of Rooney he said i don't want to talk about it but we have to great strikers at the moment in Ronaldo and Higuian.... No Benzema in that list and we all know Jose isen't Karim's biggest fan so who knows.
the money is still sitting there, how long for though is a different question

from guardian: The Glazers and Gill continue to point to the £164m sitting in the bank (up to £95m of which could yet be siphoned off to pay down their loans) as evidence that the club's cashflow is healthy, despite the £769m debt secured on the club and the owners' shareholding and recently announced annual pre-tax losses of £79.6m.

Fergie said he has the money, but just didn't spend it. But I wouldnt be suprised if the yanks dipped into that money sooner or later.

the money is still sitting there, how long for though is a different question

from guardian: The Glazers and Gill continue to point to the £164m sitting in the bank (up to £95m of which could yet be siphoned off to pay down their loans) as evidence that the club's cashflow is healthy, despite the £769m debt secured on the club and the owners' shareholding and recently announced annual pre-tax losses of £79.6m.

I mean i suppose the only people that know how much Utd will actually have to spend is the Glaziers.

Rooney statement proved what i thought, Utd can't get any of the big name players anymore and thats exacly what i said yesterday that Utd arn't as attractive anymore.

I mean i suppose the only people that know how much Utd will actually have to spend is the Glaziers.

Rooney statement proved what i thought, Utd can't get any of the big name players anymore and thats exacly what i said yesterday that Utd arn't as attractive anymore.
thats not what it said, he said Gill didnt assurances. we cant guarantee we can get the big names, which is nothing new, we just dont have the financial firepower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back