Leeds Utd FC "Getting back to the old days"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Season Update.

Odds for promotion have came in and we have been placed at 14-1 to get promoted. Didn't expect that to happen anyway looks like a good challenge.

Budget

I told the board that they could expect a comfortable position this season and they gave me a transfer budget of £3,000,000 and a wage budget of £160,111 (Current Wage: £144,816).

Friendly's

Stoke 3-2 Leeds
A good performance against the premier league side gave us an early boost in the pre-season. Dispite leading 1-0 by Snodgrass's penalty they hit back to go 2-1, we then equalized with a Henri Camara goal. But stoke had to upset it on the 80th minute with a James Beattie goal.
Scorers:
Stoke: Sidibé, Wilkinson and Beattie
Leeds: Snodgrass and Camara

Leeds 1-5 Arsenal
This was a game I personally was not looking forward to. We have to play Arsenal due to the link with the two teams. However they started there goals galore game by scoring on the 5th minute, Varmaelen with the goal. Arsenal then scored again 2 minutes later, at this time i changed the tactic to a contain, pass to feet, retain possession and getting forward tactic. Changing the tactic paid of and we scored 2 minutes later after a mistake by Senderos, Henri Camara headed in. That didn't matter though the score at half time was 3-1 to Arsenal. After the break and bringing on a few fresh players, Arsenal dominated the whole second half and scored another 2, which led us to an unimpressive 5-1 defeat.
Scorers:
Leeds: Camara
Arsenal: Vermaelen, Fabregas (2), Song and Van Persie.

View attachment 15786
View attachment 15785

Goalkeeper for me???
More updates later

Last edited:
nice thread mate I was gonna post up my new leeds game but since you already got a good one up, but your doing very well.

Im signed camara, sol campbell a couple of great regens and I kept kilkenny hes done a very good job, did you keep him?

I just started as Leeds. I signed alot of players Viera (GK), Ivan Campo, Sol Campbell, Andy Van De Meyde, Celestine Babayaro, Henri Camara, Bolo Zenden, Ebi Smolarek, Seyfo Soley all for free. I got Nacer Barazite, Gavin Hoyte and Valdimir Weiss on loan and Kikin Forseca for 725k.

I sold alot of player aswell.

Van de meyde is quality in league 1 but he gets injured alot so be careful with that. but you've made good signings, with the right tactics youll be promoted easy. im 33 games in 76 points, 10 clear of 2nd and with those signings you got a good squad too.

Higgs is better than ankergren and that is saying something, know you dont like me but u dont have to be a **** on every thread i comment on, and kilkenny is not that great, howson is better and so are some freebies try these
Ervin Skela
Hamed Namouchi
Jozsef Kanta
Gyorgy korsos
Or if you have a little cash try chris taylor from oldham

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

yeah at bolton big sam used to play him alot i believe from the bench, but sammy lee didnt like him and he relased him, he has gone downhill since i think

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

anyway to get back on helping you i would personally try everything in your power to sign michael doyle permanently, id also definitely say goodbye to enoch showunmi and alan sheehan, i wouldnt sell kilkenny because he is **** btw, he is worth alot which can go a long way
hey i am a leeds fan too and i think he is a gd player still

nice thread mate I was gonna post up my new leeds game but since you already got a good one up, but your doing very well.

Im signed camara, sol campbell a couple of great regens and I kept kilkenny hes done a very good job, did you keep him?

Nope, i sold Kilkenny as i needed to raise funds and wage budge. But i got a nice £2,100,000 million for him.

Yeah also i need to find the perfect tactic, any recommendations???

Nope, i sold Kilkenny as i needed to raise funds and wage budge. But i got a nice £2,100,000 million for him.

Yeah also i need to find the perfect tactic, any recommendations???

I play with a 4-2-4 formation. 2 box2box midfielders, and both wingers on attack. I played with one striker as a poacher and one as deep lying forward who supports. it's worked really well for me but I did purchase players who fit my formation.

I won League 1 with 106 points and score 110 goals. I'm 6 games into the championship won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 so it may work if youre struggling, sorry that I babbled on

Copa

Danny Simpson Sol Campbell Patrick Kisnorbo Ben Parker

Johnaton Howson Ian Murphy (regen)

And Van De Meyde Robert Snodgrass

Cesar Escobar Romulo

I play with a 4-2-4 formation. 2 box2box midfielders, and both wingers on attack. I played with one striker as a poacher and one as deep lying forward who supports. it's worked really well for me but I did purchase players who fit my formation.

I won League 1 with 106 points and score 110 goals. I'm 6 games into the championship won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1 so it may work if youre struggling, sorry that I babbled on

Copa

Danny Simpson Sol Campbell Patrick Kisnorbo Ben Parker

Johnaton Howson Ian Murphy (regen)

And Van De Meyde Robert Snodgrass

Cesar Escobar Romulo

Thanks i'll try that out.

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

First game of Championship Season.

Leeds Utd 1-1 Millwall
This was a disappointing result because we dominated for the whole match. With many of my new players such as Kanu, Sylvinho and Gunnarasson making the debuts, I had hoped for a good game.However Henri Camara gave us the lead on 45+1 minute with a great goal just before halftime. Second half we came out well and played well all the half until Leigh Bromby made a terrible clearance out for a corner then Neil Harris placed n a goal for Millwall. Fans were disappointed with the result and with Bromby playing. Better results next hopefully. This took us down to 12th in the Coca-Cola championship.

More updates Soon

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Can you post you team instructions Deano???

Ive also got a game going with Leeds as im a big Leeds fan anyway.
I released Kandol, Somma and Falkingham and sold Howson for 300k to Swindon.

Signed:
Lauren on a free
Wes Hoolahan £250k (great signing)
Max Gradel £250k
Stephen Darby loan
Ryan Shotton loan
Simeon Jackson £220k after 24 months

Sold:
Howson £300k to Swindon
Michalik £100k to Ipswich
Showumni £220k to Bayern Munich :O
Becchio £500k to Boca Juniors

Currently top after 14 games, lost once to Carlisle at home who were then bottom of league :O

Team is

Higgs
Lauren Naylor Kisnorbo White

Doyle Kilkenny
Gradel/Snodgrass Hoolahan
Beckford Grella

Subs:
Casper Ankergren
Paul Huntington
Stephen Darby
Bradley Johnson
Micheal Whitwell
Ryan Shotton
Simeon Jackson

Ive also got a game going with Leeds as im a big Leeds fan anyway.
I released Kandol, Somma and Falkingham and sold Howson for 300k to Swindon.

Signed:
Lauren on a free
Wes Hoolahan £250k (great signing)
Max Gradel £250k
Stephen Darby loan
Ryan Shotton loan
Simeon Jackson £220k after 24 months

Sold:
Howson £300k to Swindon
Michalik £100k to Ipswich
Showumni £220k to Bayern Munich :O
Becchio £500k to Boca Juniors

Currently top after 14 games, lost once to Carlisle at home who were then bottom of league :O

Team is

Higgs
Lauren Naylor Kisnorbo White

Doyle Kilkenny
Gradel/Snodgrass Hoolahan
Beckford Grella

Subs:
Casper Ankergren
Paul Huntington
Stephen Darby
Bradley Johnson
Micheal Whitwell
Ryan Shotton
Simeon Jackson
Showumni to Bayern Munich???But how?

not a clue :)
Couldnt believe it when i read the mail, was expecting it to fall through or something but nope.

I'm struggling with my Leeds save, especially away, i just get dominated every time and lose by 2 or 3 goals.

Sorry, if the Thread does not get updated because can not access my PC at the mo and im on my Laptop. I might start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.