View attachment 931811
Carneiro joins Saints

View attachment 234171
Eva Carneiro has today left her post at Chelsea to take up the position of head doctor at Southampton Football Club. Carneiro, 41, claimed her position was 'untenable' following her long running dispute with Jose Mourinho. Carneiro was heavily criticised by Mourniho following her treatment of Eden Hazard, forcing him off the field in 2015. She will assume her role with the saints with immediate effect and will replace outgoing head of medicine Tom Sturdy.

Last edited:
A few more minor transfer updates have seen us finish our business for the transfer window!
  • Matthias Ginter has joined Dortmund on loan following his lack of first team football.
  • To fill the gap in the team, Gareth Barry has joined the club on a season long loan from Everton
  • Former Aston Villa goalkeeper Jed Steer has joined the club on a 3 year deal on a free transfer. Steer will serve as back up to Rui Paticio.
View attachment 234170

View attachment 234169

I smiled as I watched the lads train from the sidelines. Everything was clicking into place. We had a whole raft of world class coaches working at the club and we trained at a world class training facility in the middle of the New Forest. Things couldn't be better right now and I found myself realising that I was seriously glad I didn't join Manchester City. What more could I want? brilliant coaches, fantastic players, a winning culture, fantastic results, a lovely place to live. Lets hope this continues for a long time to come.

View attachment 234168

August Review

View attachment 234167
A fantastic start to the season!! Wins at home against Liverpool and Tottenham and a good draw away at Newcastle saw us start the season off in perfect style as we go undefeated for the first month.

Tables & Draws
View attachment 234166
The table is pretty meaningless at this stage in the season but we are currently sat 4th only behind Chelsea, United and Everton who have all made perfect starts to the season.

View attachment 234165
Unfortunately we drew pretty much the group of death in the Champions League. Qualification may be a long shot but this is the vision that the owners had for the club! facing off against the best teams in the world in European Competition. We have well and truly made it to the elite.

View attachment 234164
The Capital One Cup will start off in fairly relaxed style against newly promoted Burnley.

Player of the month
View attachment 234163
Portugese right back Cedric has started this season in the same style he finished the last with some amazing performances and a wonderful goal against Tottenham. We are extremely lucky to have this man at the club.

September preview
View attachment 234162
A reasonably straightforward month in the Premier League with fixtures against Stoke, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. The highlight of the month will be a trip to the Nou Camp to take on Barcelona in the Champions League. We also have fixtures against Sporting and Burnley.

View attachment 931835

LIVE Rickie Lambert news conference LIVE

View attachment 234161
Reporter - "Hi Rickie, How has the break been for you? and more importantly now that you are back, how have you found the beginning of the season?

Me - "Yeah everything's been really good.. we all had a nice long holiday, recharged the batteries, did what we needed to do and now we can all focus on the task at hand with full commitment, purpose and enthusiasm."

Reporter - "A lot was made in the media about Manchester City approaching you to become their new manager, can you shed any more light on this?"

Me - "I've never been one to conduct my business in public.. I don't think its fair on anybody if I go talking about it. All I will say is that I had several job offers over the summer and turned them all down, I am fully committed here at Southampton and very happy and I wont say anything more on it."

Reporter - "It has been a relatively quiet transfer window for the club, but you did see Lorenzo Insigne leave, does it worry you that the club cant keep hold of players of his calibre?"

Me - "I think we have shown that the club can keep hold of those types of player. There was large interest in Sadio Mane, in Charlie Austin, in Vic Wanyama, in Ryan Bertrand and in Cedric but we told all of those clubs that those players were not for sale. In the end every decision that the club makes needs to be a business decision. In the case of Lorenzo we got a substantial offer from Real Madrid, the player wanted to go and fulfil a childhood dream, they offered him huge wages and we had contingency plans in place for when he left. We were able to go out and buy Correa as a replacement, we bought in Vietto with some of the money and even after that pocketed a HUGE amount of profit. That to me is just good business sense. Yes it a shame that Lorenzo left but everything was done properly and he went about things in the right way and for that he leaves with our blessing."

Reporter - "Some people have said that you have failed to adequately replace him?"

Me - "Who? who has said that?"

Reporter - "It's been reported in the press"

Me - "Oh well it must be true then..."

Reporter - "Are you worried that the club seems unable to attract the BIG name players?"

Me - "That seems to me to be a ridiculous statement to make. We are in a position that we have worked towards for a long time. We have state of the art facilities, one of the best coaching rosters in the country and are playing in the biggest competitions in the world. Just because we are not trying to buy Ronaldo and Messi does not mean we are struggling. We like to put our faith in young players that have a point to prove and are willing to commit to the whole project we have here at Southampton, both on and off the pitch. We will make absolutely no apologies to anybody for the way we do our business and ultimately it will be the results on the pitch that do the talking."

Reporter - "It has also been reported that the club is once again the subject of a bid from a wealthy backer, is that something you know anything about or can comment on?"

Me - "It really isn't my place to comment on any of that."

View attachment 234160

Last edited:
Rickie no youth players coming to the team?

At the moment we have some really bright prospects at the club! Jason McCarthy has rejoined the first team squad and will play a part this season and Ethan Ampadu has also joined up with the first team squad. Ampadu is a defensive midfielder and could grow into the perfect regista.

Harrison Reed has gone on loan to Liverpool for what I feel will be invaluable experience. Sam Gallagher failed to impress on his loan last year so he is going back out to a different club to try and get some experience. George Mells, Jake Hesketh, Ryan Seager and Josh Sims are all predicted to be at least 3 and a half stars but none are ready for first team football yet, they will stay with the U21 squad. Unfortunately youth development takes time, but we are committed!

Unfortunately Matty Targett is unhappy with life at the club and wants more first team football. There is no way he is getting into the side ahead of Bertrand at the moment so is having to be sold. You win some, you lose some

Last edited:
a winning culture

What winning culture? No disrespect but for me winning culture come after you start win trophies not just a games... And well I'm Real Madrid fan so you maybe understand why I think so. Yeah I know we aren't won much last few seasons but still.

And this is awesome story! :)

What winning culture? No disrespect but for me winning culture come after you start win trophies not just a games... And well I'm Real Madrid fan so you maybe understand why I think so. Yeah I know we aren't won much last few seasons but still.

And this is awesome story! :)

The way I see it, success is relative to the club.. Winning the Capital One Cup is a huge deal for Southampton which counts as winning, then we won our Europa League spot, we won our way through to the Semi finals, then we won our Champions League squad. This group of footballers in this current Southampton squad is not used to losing games of football, therefore they don't expect to lose games of football :) Winning culture.

September Review

View attachment 234134
WE BEAT BARCA! AT THE NOU CAMP! An absolutely perfect month and the high point of my whole time in management. We won everything going and find ourselves in an extraordinary position in all of the tables. Charlie Austin came off the bench against Barcelona with us 1-0 down and proved his point, scoring two in 10 minutes to grab us the win and confirm his place in the starting 11 ahead of Vietto. Both Vietto and Correa are both off the mark for the club as well, as is Jason McCarthy who claimed Barclays player of the month! and topped off his fine performances with his first goal as well! youth coming through! another youth player to feature in the side was young Ethan Ampadu who made 2 appearances in defensive midfield and got an average rating of 7.2 in each.

Tables & Draws

View attachment 234133
2nd in the BPL and going really strongly! just look at that start from Man City as well! even MORE glad now that I didn't take the job.

View attachment 234132
An unbelievable sight as we sit joint top of our Champions League group with AC Milan. Barcelona played 2, lost 2. We might just be in with a shout of this group!

View attachment 234131
The Capital One Cup draws us against Leicester. Another chance to give the kids a run out.
Key players of the month
View attachment 234130
Dusan Tadic has had a wonderful month, making four starts at an average rating of 8.25, scoring one and creating 4 assists. Absolutely gutting is the fact he picked up an injury against Sporting and will be out for 3 months! a chance for Ward-Prowse to fill in!

View attachment 234129
Sadio Mane has been absolutely buzzing. His movement and running at opposition have made him just unplayable at times. Four appearances, four goals, including a hatrick against Burnley in the Capital One Cup.

View attachment 234128
Charlie Austin would have made this list for his Barcelona goals alone but the striker has had a really good month, notching 5 goals! world class!

View attachment 234127
Jason McCarthy has had an outstanding breakthrough month! Making his debut, scoring his first goal, playing 20 minutes against Barcelona and winning the BPL player of the month! all in one month!! expect big things from this lad. 6 apps with an average rating of 7.3 and one goal.

October Preview
View attachment 234125
This is where things get tricky and we get to see how far we have come. League fixtures agianst Chelsea, Everton and City as well as a local derby with Bournemouth and a Champions League match against AC Milan. At least we are going into this absolutely full of confidence!

View attachment 931997

View attachment 234098
Natalie Sawyer - "Breaking news! just reaching us at Sky Sports News and it concerns Southampton Football Club. Sky sources understand that the club has been sold! We will bring you more as and when we get it. The situation at the moment, as we understand it, is that Southampton Football Club has been sold by Katharina Liebherr to U.A.E business tycoon Mohammed Yousuf. As of yet we do not have a monetary figure for what the club has been sold for but the club... has been sold. We can cross now live to our reporter outside St Marys stadium, what have you got for us?

View attachment 234094
Mark McAdam - "Hi Natalie, I am here outside St Marys and I can tell you that Mohammed Yousuf is in the building, he turned up here about an hour ago and gave a short statement, he said and I quote "It is a pleasure to be here today as the new owner of Southampton FC. Negotiations have gone well and I would like to thank Ms Liebherr for all of her co-operation. Southampton is a wonderful football club and deserves to be paraded on the world stage which is precisely what I mean to do."

NS - "So what does this mean for the club Mark?"

MM - "Well we understand that current manager Rickie Lambert is to remain in charge at the club, we are yet to hear any word from him though. What we do know is that Mr Yousuf is an incredibly rich man, worth about $12 Billion and judging by his remarks earlier he intends to invest heavily in the football club."

NS - "How have the fans taken it?"

MM - "There is a huge amount of excitement down here on the south coast, as you can probably see, fans have started to gather behind me hear, eager to get a look at their new owner. There is a twinge of sadness to this occasion as it marks the end of the Liebherr era. Ms Liebherr has also released a short statement saying that she will be forever grateful to the city and the fans of the club and has no words to explain the admiration she holds for everybody involved at Southampton Football Club. She also stated that she wished the Saints every future success and would be keeping a very close eye on their progress."

NS - "Okay Mark, Thanks"

View attachment 234084

I walked into the conference room at St Mary's and came face to face with Mohammed Yousuf, the new owner of the football club.

"Mr Yousuf, its a pleasure to meet you" I said, offering him my hand which he shook enthusiastically.

"Rickie, Its an honour.. I am so happy to be here, first of all can I just say I am a huge admirer!! what you have done for this club is just incredible! please know that you are most welcome here! as far as I am concerned the job is yours for as long as you want it!"

"Thats very generous of you, thank you very much" I said, sitting down at the table

"Right, straight to business!" Mohammed said, opening a notepad in front of him. "I have already met with the new board and we are 100% willing to throw our quite considerable wealth behind the club, We have already paid for all the new training and youth facilities upfront and upgraded the improvements further. We have also injected a very healthy sum of money into the clubs coffers and we are now sat in an extremely healthy financial position."

"That's very pleasing to hear" I said, choosing my next words carefully "I do feel that it is important to say that the future of this football club is the most important thing, I really feel that we shouldn't outspend our means. That's exactly how we got into trouble last time."

"oh my dear boy I quite agree! the money is not there to be wasted but to be used sensibly. In terms of the business model of the club I have no wish to change anything. I have looked over all the papers personally and can see the club is functioning at a very healthy profit. What I can bring to the table though is extra revenue, from myself personally and from opportunities such as bigger sponsors. In this business you have to spend money to make money, and I have the money to spend."

"I'm really glad we are on the same page here" I said, relieved. This seemed like it was going to work out very well indeed.

View attachment 234083

View attachment 234082

View attachment 234081
View attachment 234029

Last edited:
The way I see it, success is relative to the club.. Winning the Capital One Cup is a huge deal for Southampton which counts as winning, then we won our Europa League spot, we won our way through to the Semi finals, then we won our Champions League squad. This group of footballers in this current Southampton squad is not used to losing games of football, therefore they don't expect to lose games of football :) Winning culture.

Never thought that way but yeah it's one view about winning culture!

October Review

View attachment 233863
(Before anybody says anything I know this includes a game in November!!) Results have gone from extraordinary to Spectacular!! Our perfect record was lost after a heavy defeat from Chelsea but other than that it has been amazing!! We have qualified from our Champions League group with 4 wins out of 4! We sit top of the Premier League and are into the next round of the Capital One Cup! all of this coupled with our takeover, the extra money invested into the club and the youth players like McCarthy and Ampadu getting into the first team then the club is in the best shape it has ever been in.

Tables & Draws
View attachment 233862
Top of the Premiership! It is very important that we don't get ahead of ourselves and all of a sudden think we need to start challenging for the title. The aim is still Champions League qualification so its all about building a buffer of points back to teams like Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal who have all made mediocre starts. And just look at City!!!

View attachment 233860
Qualified from the group! Milan and Barca are surely racing for that 2nd spot in the table and qualification to the next rounds. The remaining games will be used to blood youngsters, just imagine what some match experience against the likes of Barcelona will do for the kids.

View attachment 233859
The Capital One Cup has drawn us against Everton in the quarter finals. With our incredible performances in the Premiership and Champions League, the League Cup has taken on reduced importance so once again the youngsters and rotation options will get a run out.

Players of the month
View attachment 233857
Charlie boy is still at large and ruining defences in the league and Europe. 4 goals in the month and a couple of assists assure his place leading the line.

View attachment 233856
Angel Correa has started to show some of his enormous potential! Two goals this month and some great performances have seen him book a place in the side ahead of the likes of Jay Rodriguez.

View attachment 233855
Rui Patricio has been in wonderful form between the sticks and has kept several clean sheets this month in important games. It really is great having a reliable shot stopper in goal. His position was one that I thought might be under threat following the huge investment in the club and goalkeeper being a position that could be improved, but his form is making that decision very difficult!

November Preview
View attachment 233854
November looks like being a fun month. The Milan game has already been played but we welcome Barcelona to St Mary's and face away trips to the Emirates to take on Arsenal and to Portugal to take on Sporting.

November review

View attachment 233799
A great month all in all! we beat Barcelona again!! this time at St Mary's. We were unlucky to be held against Arsenal and the loss against Sporting was completely irrelevant. Wins against Norwich and Sunderland keep us right in the running at the top end of the league.

Tables & Draws
View attachment 233796
We sit 3rd in the Premier League with a game in hand that could see us go back top if we win it. Man City finally seem to have gotten their act together and are climbing the table. Arsenal and Liverpool still seem to be in trouble and Sunderland and Burnley cant be holding out much hope of survival.

View attachment 233791
An incredible sight. Our win against Barcelona and then Sporting beating us consigned Barca to last place in the group and knocked them out. Sporting take the place in the Europa League while ourselves and Milan advance through to the knockout stages.

Key players of the month

View attachment 233786
Luciano Vietto got his opportunity in the first team and certainly took it. 4 goals this month including scoring 3 games in a row. A very promising talent.

View attachment 233783
Another superb month from Ryan Bertrand. Reliable as always he has absolutely bossed the left back position and made it his own. Manchester United are showing strong interest and show no sign of giving up after I rejected a £22 million bid. Not for sale.

View attachment 233782
Vic Wanyama just keeps on picking up mentions in this section. The perfect destroyer to sit in midfield, he played 5 times this month and every single match rating was above 7.2. Another crucial part of the machine that we are building.

December Preview
View attachment 233779
A deceptively tricky month with plenty of potential banana skins to slip on. Newly promoted Brentford and Burnley will be keen to show what they can do. We face Watford on Boxing Day, who have developed a very good side and the cup game against Everton could wreck our form if the kids don't put on a good show.

December Review

View attachment 233419
A mixed month with a really disappointing loss against Leicester and a humbling defeat to Man Utd. On the plus side we won every other game and are now into the Capital One Cup semi-final.

Tables & Draws
View attachment 233418
Still 3rd in the league but with a massive points gap back to 5th place. Champions league qualification is well on course.

View attachment 233417
The Champions League see's us drawn against Borussia Monchengladbach in a game that should be a good encounter. I always like playing away from home first as we get the deciding leg at home and know exactly what we need from the game.

View attachment 233416
The Capital One Cup has drawn us against Championship side Cardiff in the two legged semi final. I would be confident, but after our FA Cup semi final defeat to Bournemouth last year I wont be taking anything for granted.

View attachment 233415
It's a nice gentle start in the FA Cup as we are drawn against Crewe.

Key players of the month
View attachment 233413
Charlie Austin again. 7 goals this month made up of a hatrick against Burnley and two against Watford. This man is on fire, getting to be a true Southampton legend. Dare I say the next Lambert.

View attachment 233412
Jay Rodriguez has put in a string of impressive performances this month, nothing spectacular but really solid. A couple of goals and an assists have made it difficult to drop him out of the side.

View attachment 233411
Cedric has put in more solid performances. A slightly reduced role for the Portgugese as he is being rotated with Jenkinson to keep him happy, but when he is playing he controls the whole right side of the game.

January Preview
View attachment 233408
An interesting month coming up with Liverpool and Tottenham in the league as well as the two Cardiff fixtures in the Capital One Cup.

Another interesting factor is the re-opening of the transfer window. Keep an eye out for big incomings at Saints!!!

View attachment 233405

I wonder why all three managers in that picture look like they just saw the Queen naked or something... :O

View attachment 935217
Southampton smash transfer record for Eriksen

View attachment 232701
Southampton today have smashed their transfer record by Signing Christian Eriksen from Tottenham for a fee that could rise to £42 million. Eriksen was named the Premier League player of the year during the 15/16 season and is said to be delighted at making the move down to the south coast.

Southampton are starting to show their financial might after their recent takeover by U.A.E billionaire Mohammed Yousuf significantly boosted their resources in the transfer market. Southampton's previous transfer record was the £16 million paid for Italian striker Dani Osvaldo which turned out to be a nightmare for the club who were forced to terminate his contract for disciplinary issues.

Eriksen is expected to make his debut on Wednesday, against his old club Tottenham Hotspur as the two clubs face off in the Premier League.

Going great mate! Keep it up. Thoroughly entertained by this!