Rinus Michels - Total Football - by kun

Rinus Michels - Total Football - by kun 20.4.1

Not sure what's happened lately. Using the tweak

Untitled.png

So playing with the tweaked version the only thing i changed was the line of engagement to higher instead of much higher

Attachments

• 20200610121627_1.jpg
    20200610121627_1.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 20200610121657_1.jpg
    20200610121657_1.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 20200610121710_1.jpg
    20200610121710_1.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 866
  • 20200610121920_1.jpg
    20200610121920_1.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 1,189
Hi Kun,

Great tactics. Having some great results in the premier league. I noticed you don't use offside trap in any of the tactics. Could you explain your reasoning behind that? I am used to playing with an off side trap when my defensive line is so high.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Liverpool, 433. Holiday mode.

Attachments

• liverpool 433 by kun.jpg
    liverpool 433 by kun.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Love
Reactions: kun
@kun For a team that's planning to come last, which one do you recommend using?

Reactions: kun
using the 4-3-3 with DMC/DLP and the 4-3-3 with SS almost exclusively, only query is the strikers role a necessary F9 or are others effective?

Just tested the tactics for 10 league games with Rosenborg. The squad is joint strongest in the league, if not the strongest. And winning the league is often a walk in the park.

I opted to go with 4231 but after losing two out of the three first games I found it to be too vulnerable to long balls played in behind the two centre backs or out on the flanks behind the wing backs. Also I didn't really get the point of the shadow striker - who seemed to be litteraly in the shadow. Didn't contribute to anything and was invisible in the games.

Having switched to the 433 I am now sitting top of the table having won 6 games and draw once only with a 23-7 goal difference in 10 games. However, I have drawn the conclusion that a high scoring striker is not something to expect from this tactic. In 10 games only 3 goals (only one from open play) from my f9. He's been vital in the build up play but more often than not he just seem to find himself sitting too deep.

From what I can tell the wing backs get more scoring chances than the strikers, which isn't necessarily a good thing. I also had to tweak the shooting a little bit as the players seem to shoot for the sake of it. Often tallying 20+ shots per game. The numbers are still high but seem a bit more effective after some minor tweaking. My top scorer, the left inside forward, has 4 goals in 10 games so far and a shots on target ratio of 48%.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

40+ shots vs 3-5 for the competition...
i'm playing 433 with Stuttgart - no transfers.

Good results so far!

Who do you change when a player gets a red card?
Usually I remove the Left Central Midfielder and slightly move the Defensive midfielder to the left (behind the non-existing left central midfielder).
If we are winning and we want to keep the lead and go on counter attacks, remove one of the inside forward and the other one put him alonside the other striker (false 9 on right and Pressing Forward or even a poacher on left). On team instruction, add more direct passes.

Just tested the tactics for 10 league games with Rosenborg. The squad is joint strongest in the league, if not the strongest. And winning the league is often a walk in the park.

I opted to go with 4231 but after losing two out of the three first games I found it to be too vulnerable to long balls played in behind the two centre backs or out on the flanks behind the wing backs. Also I didn't really get the point of the shadow striker - who seemed to be litteraly in the shadow. Didn't contribute to anything and was invisible in the games.

Having switched to the 433 I am now sitting top of the table having won 6 games and draw once only with a 23-7 goal difference in 10 games. However, I have drawn the conclusion that a high scoring striker is not something to expect from this tactic. In 10 games only 3 goals (only one from open play) from my f9. He's been vital in the build up play but more often than not he just seem to find himself sitting too deep.

From what I can tell the wing backs get more scoring chances than the strikers, which isn't necessarily a good thing. I also had to tweak the shooting a little bit as the players seem to shoot for the sake of it. Often tallying 20+ shots per game. The numbers are still high but seem a bit more effective after some minor tweaking. My top scorer, the left inside forward, has 4 goals in 10 games so far and a shots on target ratio of 48%.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Hi Sportivo,
That's weird and to be honest, I don't have been experiencing nothing like that. Like I previusly said, I find the 433 more prolific and it's the tactic I use the most. Right now, I'm playing a online save with a friend and i'm managing Chelsea and I'm 2nd (Liverpool didn't lose any match so far).

Also I realize that the F9 makes the movement I want him to do (with and without the ball), but don't score as much as I wanted him to do. I changed the role to Trequartista and even Giroud scored a 4 in 3 matches (before that, also playing on his main roles, scored 3 in 20...) ahah. Also make a small change onleft central midfield (Kanté) to be Box-to-Box or even Ball Winning Midfielder (support roles to be more efective on defense) and because with the striker with attacking role, doesn't make much sense to have the central midfielder with attacking role too, just my opinion.

Hi Kun,

Great tactics. Having some great results in the premier league. I noticed you don't use offside trap in any of the tactics. Could you explain your reasoning behind that? I am used to playing with an off side trap when my defensive line is so high.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Not a special reason for that. It's just because on smaller teams and with weaker (dumbest) defensive players, they will conceed a lot.

For your inside forwards, do you use left fooded on right side, and right fooded on left? or just left on left side and right on right side?

For your inside forwards, do you use left fooded on right side, and right fooded on left? or just left on left side and right on right side?
I prefer to use left foot on right side and right food on left side.