Rise of the Hammers? A West Ham United Story

Still going really well, keep it up! I like your attitude to the wonderkid "certainties" as well - much more interesting without them!

Thanks a lot mate! And I know, it also keeps the game a bit more realistic as well... The chances of West Ham landing another Tevez and Mascherano nowadays are pretty much zero! I'm loving your BaP at the min, just need to catch up on Malmo now!!

Thanks a lot mate! And I know, it also keeps the game a bit more realistic as well... The chances of West Ham landing another Tevez and Mascherano nowadays are pretty much zero! I'm loving your BaP at the min, just need to catch up on Malmo now!!

Yeah that's true, imagine if they'd held onto those guys! Glad you're enjoying them, there's plenty of reading ahead for you then :p

Doing a superb job! A push for top 4 perhaps? As a Tranmere fan I'm a bit gutted you let Cresswell go :(

Doing a superb job! A push for top 4 perhaps? As a Tranmere fan I'm a bit gutted you let Cresswell go :(

Cheers mate! I've got to admit letting Cresswell go was the toughest decision I've had to make but I just couldn't fit him into the team. I tried retraining him as a winger but he couldn't pick it up... It's a shame as well because he can turn into a really good player!

December Update

View attachment 228610

A really good month all together with the result against United particularly pleasing! This season seems to be the complete opposite to last with us preforming brilliantly against the big teams and now struggling a little against everyone else. The result against Southampton may look disappointing but to be fair we battered them! The only reason we lost was because Valencia missed 2 of the easiest chances I've ever seen. We need to find a consistent goalscorer asap! Just like last December, we finished with 2 disappointing results although I'd rather take the 2 draws over last seasons 2 losses.

View attachment 228607

6th place but just 3 points off 2nd!!! Could Europe actually be on the cards this year??

Player of the Month

View attachment 228606

Captain fantastic!! Noble has been carrying us at times this season and seems to go from strength to strength each week. The only annoying part is that he somehow keeps getting ignored by England which is disappointing for him because he could really add something to the team at the minute.

Other News

View attachment 228605

Valencia came to me asking to leave to play in Europe... I've promised him that we'll make it this this year which isn't that unrealistic to be honest. We'll be doomed if he leaves in January though!

View attachment 228604

Villa approached me this month... The prospect of that much money whilst at a club without much pulling power for big players is quite interesting but I'm never willing leaving West Ham! We're going in the right direction so far and I'm really excited about what the future holds for the club.

First Team

View attachment 228572

I keep forgetting to do this so I thought I'd give an update on it for anyone who's interested. There's been a slight change in formation since the start of the season with the AP being dropped deeper. Tomkins has been brilliant since I renewed this contract so he's been the the side for a while as well as Ocampos who's been a revelation since coming into the team! I'm expecting really big things in the future especially once he's become a natural RM. Zarate has been **** from day one this season but has recently shown glimpses of brilliance so I'm hoping it'll result in a strong run of form from him.

Loving your faith in 3 at the back! Kudos. Keep it up man :)

January Update

View attachment 228269

Not a bad month all together, obviously we lost to Liverpool once again, but we've looked solid keeping 3 clean sheets and grinding out a result against a really good Everton side in the FA Cup. Hopefully this year we can mount a serious challenge for the FA Cup, I think we're capable of getting a bit of silverware now! The Bournemouth game was the most annoying game ever... we just couldn't get rid of them! To be fair they were quite impressive though so I can't understand how they've found themselves in the relegation zone going off that display.

View attachment 228262

Despite being in 6th place we find ourselves just 8 points off the top of the league! It's been unbelievably tight at the top this year so we really can't afford any slips ups.

Player of the Month

View attachment 228261

Ocampos has been a menace on the right this month! I can see there being a lot of interest in him this summer but he won't be leaving for anything less than his £41 mill release clause if he does go!

View attachment 228256

Transfer News

View attachment 228254

I've been moaning about needing a goalscorer for a while so hopefully Hernandez can be that man. I'm happy with this deal because he's a proven goalscorer in this league and if he is any good we can pick him up on a free at the end of the season! The only outgoing transfer was Diego Poyet going out on loan to Fulham for the rest of the season. Poyet was too good not to be playing regular football so hopefully this time away will help him become a first team regular next season.

February Update

View attachment 228204

Unbeaten in the league including 2 massive results and we've progressed to the next round of the FA Cup... what a month! We might not be winning by as many goals as we did last season but who cares when you're still winning?! We're much more competitive against the big sides this year which is really pleasing and puts us in good stead for a place in Europe come the end of the season.

View attachment 228197

We're doing really really well so far... I don't really want to get too excited yet because we've still got some massive games to go before the end of the season. Including a trip to United who seem to be pulling away from everyone else now!

Player of the Month

View attachment 228191

Romero deserves some recognition and he's been brilliant this month only conceding one goal (Adrian played in the FA Cup) and pulling off some amazing saves in the process. Not bad for a free signing! I'm a bit surprised that his attributes are decreasing though... I may need to look at a new goalkeeping coach this summer.

Other News

View attachment 228184

Finally we get some development on Gold retiring at the end of the season. Whether it's good news or not we still don't know...

March Update

View attachment 228138

I can't really complain with 2 wins in the league and getting through to the FA Cup semis. Obviously the result against Everton was disappointing because they were just 1 point ahead of us but it was a really tight game and they probably deserved it... you can't win them all and they've been fantastic all season in fairness.The Norwich game produced the craziest goal I've ever seen on fm with Adrian, under no pressure at all, deciding to run out and meet a high ball for reason... he could've tried taking a touch, caught it or even stayed on his line and wait for it to harmlessly come to him, but no he had to try and clear it with a diving header! He overshot it by about 5 metres and ended flying through the air whilst the ball was rolling into the net in what felt like slow motion... Unbelievable Jeff!

View attachment 228134

Just 4 points off the CL with a game in hand! It's not all good news though as Arsenal and City are right behind us with us still to face Arsenal, Spurs and United in April... All away!!!

Player of the Month

View attachment 228132

If he keeps playing the way he has been then we're gonna have a real fight on our hands to keep him at the club. I can't complain if he does go considering he only cost us £2 mill!

Intake

View attachment 228131

Only the one player worth noting this time but what a player he could become! I've got high hopes for this lad.

Other News

View attachment 228130

Looks like it's going to happen! I just hope it's all sorted before the end of the season so I can sign some players this summer.

April Update

View attachment 228090

I'm happy with this months results, I'm gutted about the semi against Chelsea considering they only scored from the penalty spot but we gave it a really good go. The results in the league were brilliant, not many teams have gone to Old Trafford and taken points off United this season and they're looking really good for the title now... I'm annoyed that we couldn't wrap up the win against Spurs, that would've put us in a brilliant position going into May.

View attachment 228089

Can we catch Everton? I'm really not sure considering we have to go to Arsenal... Mind you we did win there last season so anything's possible but I'll take a draw if Everton slip up. The big news is that WE'RE IN EUROPE!!! We've beaten the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and City to it who probably wouldn't spend our whole transfer budget on one transfer... We best start preparing to spend our Thursday nights in the middle of nowhere!

Player of the Month

View attachment 228088

Inui has been superb this month yet again, he's so dangerous when he cuts inside so I'm glad to see that he's added a few more goals to his game this year.

Other News

There's some great news and some potentially horrific news...

View attachment 228087

This obviously being the good news - it's great to see us start winning some trophies as a club, there's some really exciting prospects in the u18s at the moment so I'm expecting a good few of them to break into the first team in the next few years.

View attachment 228086

The bad news is that I could well be losing my job at the end of the season. The takeover has been completed and the new owner seems pretty keen on bringing his own man in, I'm really banking on the fact that my overachieving so far has made me so popular with the fans that they'd lose it if they replaced me... Especially with my replacement rumoured to be Paul Lambert!

May Update

View attachment 228081

We had slim hopes of the CL and they pretty much ended with the loss to Arsenal, it was nice to see us tear Fulham to pieces even if they were already relegated...

View attachment 228079

...oh wait!!! Everton unbelievably lost the last 2 games of the season which can only mean that WE'RE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually can't believe it, I'd completely given up hope after the Arsenal match. Looks like during our first season at the Olympic Stadium we'll be playing host to Europes elite!

Other News

View attachment 228073

Thank god for that!! I was intially really annoyed that he had to be persuaded to let me keep my job but then all this happened and I started to like the guy...

View attachment 228069

View attachment 228068

View attachment 228064

It's nice to have a board that wants to spend! End of season review on it's way!

End of Season Review 2015/16

Player of the Season

View attachment 227930

Noble has been amazing from the first day of preseason, becoming a natural DM seems to have really helped his game this year. I honestly couldn't have a better captain but I seriously can't believe he keeps getting overlooked for England! Valencia was unlucky not to win but he ended up getting the Fans' Player anyway - Inui, Ocampos and Munoz deserve special mentions also.

View attachment 227927

View attachment 227926

For the second year running Inui has kept player of the season Hazard out of the PL team of the season!

Team of the Season

View attachment 227924

No complaints at all about the team of the season, it was basically my first choice side when they were all fit.

View attachment 227923

A few new faces have appeared in the overall best team as well.

Under 18s

View attachment 227922

After just over a year's tutoring and training for most of them we're starting to see some of our prospects develop... It'd be amazing if I could get that many local lads playing for the club!

Other News

View attachment 227920

We finally get a competitive transfer budget however the wage budget isn't fantastic so it'll need adjusting. I'm still confident I can bring in some much needed quality without overspending though!

View attachment 227917

We've also officially moved to the Olympic stadium now... I really can't wait for next season!!!

Preseason 2016/17

Signings

View attachment 227702

I'm really really happy with this years signings, I feel we've really upped the quality in the squad. I've been keeping track of Keita for a year now as Lazio somehow got relegated, but he was too expensive then and luckily nobody had picked him up since so in my eyes we've got ourselves a bargain! Or have we... Alderweireld is another who I can't believe we've got so cheaply. He's a perfect fit for our defence as he's solid at the back and very comfortable on the ball - luckily we got him before the end of the Euros where we helped Belgium win and also found himself in the dream team which surely would've tripled his price! Theo Walcott could potentially be a risk with his injury record but where's the risk when you're paying nothing for him! I can't believe that Arsenal didn't even try renewing his contract. The man I'm most excited about is Perez, I've wanted him on pretty much every save I've had on this years FM but I've never had the chance to sign him so to finally get him is really pleasing! I've been monitoring him from day one of this save especially because he looks to have the makings of a perfect shadow striker. I sadly couldn't keep Lucas Silva at the club though, he was okay for us last season but definitely wasn't amazing - but I'm sure with time he would've become a bit more consistent. I was happy to sell him to Juventus when he asked at the start of preseason but they never made a bid and instead in came Liverpool. I didn't really want to sell to them because they seem to be building a scary squad but I think I managed to sap enough money out of them to make it worth it!

Results

View attachment 227701

Our relationship might've got off to a rocky start, but I'm really starting to like the new owner. Anything I want he seems happy to go ahead with and although it might not seem much, but I'm really happy that he's allowed me to start taking the team on preseason tours! I want the club to grow and for that to happen we need to expand our fanbase so where better to start than the billions of people in China! The results went well apart from Shandong where we had a second half meltdown, the most pleasing aspect was the amount of chances we've started creating again. The opposition may not have been the best but we took it into the final 2 games which has got me excited for the CL. The Madrid performance was particularly pleasing.

First Team

View attachment 227700

This will be my go-to team for the start of the season... It will probably change quite quickly though with Walcott getting a chance to impress with Ocampos still at the Olympics and I'm still looking for Lucas Silva's replacement and probably another DM if we can afford one. But where's Keita??

View attachment 227699

I'm gutted but I could see it coming. It was so weird, it was like the game was desperate to injure him... He picked up 3 tiny injuries consecutively so I stopped playing him and left him to get fit for the Madrid game, then 5 minutes into that and he breaks his leg! If this didn't happen I probably would've gone in for Perez but I'm glad I did because even with Keita fit we need that depth.

Other News

View attachment 227698

The CL draw has been made and we've got a decent chance of making the group stage to be honest. Olympiakos will be tricky but I think we've got enough to beat them over the 2 legs.

Preseason 2016/17

Signings

View attachment 946549

I'm really really happy with this years signings, I feel we've really upped the quality in the squad. I've been keeping track of Keita for a year now as Lazio somehow got relegated, but he was too expensive then and luckily nobody had picked him up since so in my eyes we've got ourselves a bargain! Or have we... Alderweireld is another who I can't believe we've got so cheaply. He's a perfect fit for our defence as he's solid at the back and very comfortable on the ball - luckily we got him before the end of the Euros where we helped Belgium win and also found himself in the dream team which surely would've tripled his price! Theo Walcott could potentially be a risk with his injury record but where's the risk when you're paying nothing for him! I can't believe that Arsenal didn't even try renewing his contract. The man I'm most excited about is Perez, I've wanted him on pretty much every save I've had on this years FM but I've never had the chance to sign him so to finally get him is really pleasing! I've been monitoring him from day one of this save especially because he looks to have the makings of a perfect shadow striker. I sadly couldn't keep Lucas Silva at the club though, he was okay for us last season but definitely wasn't amazing - but I'm sure with time he would've become a bit more consistent. I was happy to sell him to Juventus when he asked at the start of preseason but they never made a bid and instead in came Liverpool. I didn't really want to sell to them because they seem to be building a scary squad but I think I managed to sap enough money out of them to make it worth it!

Results

View attachment 946550

Our relationship might've got off to a rocky start, but I'm really starting to like the new owner. Anything I want he seems happy to go ahead with and although it might not seem much, but I'm really happy that he's allowed me to start taking the team on preseason tours! I want the club to grow and for that to happen we need to expand our fanbase so where better to start than the billions of people in China! The results went well apart from Shandong where we had a second half meltdown, the most pleasing aspect was the amount of chances we've started creating again. The opposition may not have been the best but we took it into the final 2 games which has got me excited for the CL. The Madrid performance was particularly pleasing.

First Team

View attachment 946551

This will be my go-to team for the start of the season... It will probably change quite quickly though with Walcott getting a chance to impress with Ocampos still at the Olympics and I'm still looking for Lucas Silva's replacement and probably another DM if we can afford one. But where's Keita??

View attachment 946552

I'm gutted but I could see it coming. It was so weird, it was like the game was desperate to injure him... He picked up 3 tiny injuries consecutively so I stopped playing him and left him to get fit for the Madrid game, then 5 minutes into that and he breaks his leg! If this didn't happen I probably would've gone in for Perez but I'm glad I did because even with Keita fit we need that depth.

Other News

View attachment 946553

The CL draw has been made and we've got a decent chance of making the group stage to be honest. Olympiakos will be tricky but I think we've got enough to beat them over the 2 legs.

I'd drop/sell Sakho, play Perez up front as AF and put Keita as SS next to Enner Valencia...that attacking trio could win you the league mate. Keita's talent is far too precious to leave it rot on the bench.

Excellent progress so far with the Hammers, keep it up! :)

I'd drop/sell Sakho, play Perez up front as AF and put Keita as SS next to Enner Valencia...that attacking trio could win you the league mate. Keita's talent is far too precious to leave it rot on the bench.

Excellent progress so far with the Hammers, keep it up! :)

Keita definitely won't be on the bench once he's fit again mate don't worry about that! I'll probably shift Valencia to AF once Keita's ready, it's just a shame that I've got to wait so long because him, Valencia and Perez just scream goals. Thanks for following!

Just caught up with all this mate, your doing an amazing job,
Would love to see more english talent in the team though,

Just caught up with all this mate, your doing an amazing job,
Would love to see more english talent in the team though,

Thanks mate! So would I but I've been priced out of every single English player that I've gone for... They're just so expensive! Instead of buying English talent I've decided to bring it through my academy instead, There's a lot of potential in my u18s so I've decided to bring 1 or 2 into the first team squad a season provided that they're ready. This year I'm giving Oscar Borg (LM) and Fabian Grey (CB) a go.

Overview

Hi everyone, I've been a silent reader on here for a verrrry long time and I thought that it was about time I broke my silence XD I've always wanted to do a story but for whatever reason I haven't ever got round to doing one. Anyway, I wanted to get a mid - lower table team in the prem playing a bit of football and hopefully I can get a bit of success out of it. West Ham seem like the perfect team to takeover after what's gone on this summer managerwise.

Signings

View attachment 938460

With only 2 million to spend I knew I needed to raise some funds. Shipping off any deadwood proved pretty difficult with only Joey O'Brien leaving, however the big transfer saga of the summer was Winston Reid who refused to sign a new contract so I made it my mission to cash in on him asap so I could bring some players in. I'm really happy with how much I got for him considering no one wanted to offer over 6 mill... It does worry me slightly that he's gone to one of our mid table rivals in Swansea though.

I'm really happy with the transfers in, I feel I've got 2 bargains in Standberg and Sviatchenko, who should both help tighten up the defence and they're both pretty comfrotable on the ball as well which is a bonus! I'm excited to see what Inui and Ibe will bring to the side out wide as well. And before anyone says anything, yes I am that idiot who signs Piotr Trochowski even though you can't play him, I completely forgot in a moment of panic XD

Tactics/First 11

View attachment 938423 View attachment 938421Tactically I'm going to be quite stubborn and stick with the same shape, definitely for this season and hopefully for the length of the story. I'm going to try and get 3 at the back working, which will probably leave me vulnerable as **** against the big teams but hopefully it should allow me to hold onto the ball a bit better in the middle of the park. Possession isn't exactly a must as long as we're scoring but I would rather us control the ball than the opposition. The first tactic will be the main tactic for this season whilst the second will be used against the bigger teams and to close off games mainly.

Preseason

View attachment 938462

Preseason had it's ups and its downs really but I expected that with the team getting used to the new tactics. We looked pretty comfortable with the ball in every game which is all I was looking for really and the the game against Bremen we looked really promising for the season ahead. Exciting times!

looks to me like any team that plays with width may have a lot of success against you
o.png