Rise of the Hammers? A West Ham United Story

Thanks mate! So would I but I've been priced out of every single English player that I've gone for... They're just so expensive! Instead of buying English talent I've decided to bring it through my academy instead, There's a lot of potential in my u18s so I've decided to bring 1 or 2 into the first team squad a season provided that they're ready. This year I'm giving Oscar Borg (LM) and Fabian Grey (CB) a go.

That will do me mate ;-) Maybe one big english signing? Lol

looks to me like any team that plays with width may have a lot of success against you
o.png

I think that's what most people, myself included, thought when I started but we've coped pretty well so far! The only team we consistently struggle against is Liverpool - we just never seem to able to handle them at all, hopefully that'll change this season!

That will do me mate ;-) Maybe one big english signing? Lol

I've got my eyes on a few at the minute, one I'm really interested in but he's not exactly a big player... He'd be more of a squad player and there's one that I really want who'd be a perfect addition but I just can't afford him yet. I won't spoil the surprise though haha

August 2016

View attachment 227154

It's nice to finally start the season with a win! But what's even nicer is that we've made the CL group stages very comfortably... I would've expected a bit more of a fight from a side like Olympiakos to be honest. Thankfully Valencia has found the net a good few times already and new boy Perez has managed to score early, hopefully both can continue this form for the rest of the season! The only disappointment was the West Brom game, we had so many simple shots off target and conceded a really crappy goal which has slightly marred a really good month.

View attachment 227153

Obviously it's very tight at the moment, but I'd expect it to be like that for the whole season at the top. I think it's probably too early for us to contend for the title but we'll have to see. My money's on Liverpool this year anyway.

View attachment 227147

A tough draw but it could've been worse! I'm at least expecting a couple of sell outs for Real and Napoli. Speaking of attendances...

View attachment 227145

Transfers

View attachment 227143

There's been a few more transfer movements since the start of the season. Sebastian Rode has joined for quite a low fee, he's a perfect fit to the side as he's an excellent all round footballer with a really high work rate. Joining him in midfield is Alvaro Medran who I'm really excited about. I was looking for a DM to replace Kouyate - who I finally let go after 2 years of him moaning - but there wasn't really anyone available and I saw Medran available for so cheap and i knew I had to bring him in. We lost a bit of flair when Lucas Silva left and I was worried that Rode wouldn't bring that to the side but Medran brings plenty of creativity.

Player of the Month

View attachment 227138

There's going to be a huge battle for the RM spot between Walcott and Ocampos! Walcott has taken his opportunity and caused havoc this month so he's definitely in pole position at the minute.

September 2016

View attachment 227070

It might be the end of the month now but that Hull result has really annoyed me... We don't drop points at home, especially against relegation contenders! Other than that it's been a promising month, the 3 wins were a bit tighter than I would've like but I'm not going to complain about getting wins whilst playing badly! The Chelsea game shows our strength in depth this year with a fully rotated side taking on Chelsea's full strength side and we were unlucky not to win. But the performance of the month has to be our trip to the Bernabeu. It was a completely even game and is a big indication of how much we've come on in the past couple of years.

View attachment 227069

View attachment 227068

Arsenal have started the season on top form after last seasons disappointment... then again we're only 1 point behind them! Not much to say about the CL yet, we've got 2 huge games against Napoli next up and they should give us an idea about how well we're going to get on in Europe.

Player of the Month

View attachment 227067

Nobody stood out this month but Valencia seems to be key to every attack and every goal. He hasn't scored as many this month but whenever he's surged forward with the ball he's caused chaos.

October 2016

View attachment 226812

It was a difficult month on paper so to come out of it as we have is pleasing. The Napoli result in particular is a good one as it's put us in a brilliant position at the halfway mark of our CL group. However we ended the month awfully as we didn't turn up against Chelsea... we need to make sure we come back strong next month because that performance has me slightly worried.

View attachment 226811

View attachment 226810

We're still very much in the race in the league and we were even top for the first ever time at one point! Everton seem to have come out of nowhere to take 2nd though. Like I said, things are looking very nice in the CL league so far, the final 3 games are all next month!

Player of the Month

View attachment 226809

Rode's settled into life here very quickly and was consistently brilliant this month. He's never going to be a headline maker but his efforts haven't gone unnoticed with me.

November 2016

View attachment 226630

Such a frustrating month! We only want to turn up against the big teams at the minute with 2 unbelievable performances to destroy Napoli and finally beat our bogey team, Liverpool. Our away form has gone to pot this month with us producing our worse performance since I took over against Newcastle and we have Perez to thank for salvaging a draw against Basel. I'm a bit worried now because we're having problems at the back and putting chances away - I've never managed a side on FM that has so many shots off target! I don't know what's going on, anything I try to do to improve our accuracy has no impact whatsoever.

View attachment 226628

I say all this about us struggling but we're in a three way tie at the top! Maybe I'm overreacting...

View attachment 226627

Gutted about this, if it wasn't for that Basel game we would've finished top! Then again we've just pushed Real Madrid all the way in our first ever attempt at the CL... I can't not be proud!

Player of the Month

View attachment 226626

The Spaniard has been wonderful - he's been the only player whose performances I've been pleased with. Medran's been the focal point of everything this month and has even bagged himself 3 goals!

First Team

View attachment 226625

This is my preferred lineup at the moment. I just wish they'd perform with a bit of consistency.

Other News

View attachment 226621

January just got very interesting... Expect the club record transfer fee to be broken!

December 2016

View attachment 226585

It's hardly a bad month considering we've gone unbeaten but there's a few too many draws for my liking. The game against Spurs was the most disappointing as Toby Alderweireld went from hero to zero by putting us in the lead early on on then giving away a pointless penalty with just minutes to go! The worst part was that Spurs had done nothing all game, that penalty was their only shot on goal.

View attachment 226580

Out of the 3 seasons so far, this one we've looked the most unconvincing, but unbelievably we find ourselves 2 points clear at the top at the halfway point in the season. Could an unlikely title be on the cards??

Player of the Month

View attachment 226578

I gave Poyet a run of games this month and he certainly hasn't let me down. He's looked very assured sitting in front of the defence and has strung together some great performances.

Other News

View attachment 226576

We face PSG in the next round of the CL... A very tough draw and what makes it worse is that it would've been Viktoria Plzen if we'd have come top of the group! That Basel game could come back to haunt us.

And now the big news...

View attachment 226572

I'm delighted that Stones will be joining us in January! He's a perfect fit for our side and at just 22 we've got ourselves a potentially world class defender for years to come. It may be an expensive transfer but he was very close to agreeing a new deal at Everton so I had to act fast and this was the lowest they'd go.

When you announced your increased budget i was gonna leave a message about signing stones! But had to go back to work! It is a huge signing and a statement of intent! I do thik that £28m for a wc cb for the next 10yrs is a bargain!!
Your season so far has been great i think, even if youve drawn to many, atleast draws mean your not losing! Keep it up!!

When you announced your increased budget i was gonna leave a message about signing stones! But had to go back to work! It is a huge signing and a statement of intent! I do thik that £28m for a wc cb for the next 10yrs is a bargain!!
Your season so far has been great i think, even if youve drawn to many, atleast draws mean your not losing! Keep it up!!

I thought you'd enjoy the signing haha! Stones has been top of my wishlist from the start so I can't believe I've managed to get him... Normally he joins one of the bigger teams early on whenever I start a save. It's been a great start to be fair, I'm probably a bit harsh but we've just not looked too convincing this year and we've scraped through a few games... I suppose it just shows how strong the PL is at this point in the save now.

What a signing! Well done in getting Stones :D

Poyet is a fantastic player who can develop extremely well...too bad they always refuse to sell him to me; I'm usually Spurs! Haha

What a signing! Well done in getting Stones :D

Poyet is a fantastic player who can develop extremely well...too bad they always refuse to sell him to me; I'm usually Spurs! Haha

Thanks mate! I still can't believe he actually asked to join us!!!

I have an England save where I managed to get Poyet to switch nationalities and he was brilliant and ended signing for PSG for a hefty fee so I was really interested to see how he'd develop on this. I'm glad I'm in a position to give him plenty of playing time now because he's starting to look like a quality player.

January 2017

View attachment 226155

Well we've kicked off the new year in style! I've been very impressed with performances this month, we've been scoring goals and even kept 3 clean sheets on the bounce which I don't think we've ever managed to do... Says a lot about the impact that Stones has had! The biggest disappointment was that we didn't put more past Millwall at home, I love a good derby match especially when you stuff them but it wasn't to be on this occasion. I'm actually not too bothered about the Southampton result, we completely played them off the park but just couldn't find the net and they punished us with two late goals on the counter.

View attachment 226151

We're slowly starting to pull away at the top! Who said 3 at the back couldn't work?!

Transfers

View attachment 226149

I wasn't really looking to make anymore signings after Stones because I don't like making too much change midway through the season if things are going well but I felt I had to and I can't complain because we've brought in some talent! Mane has had 2 big moves to Real Madrid and Juventus but hasn't managed to settle at either so he's been on my radar for a while. I was tempted to make a move for him anyway but then both Keita and Walcott got lengthy injuries in the same game and my mind was made up. After failing to find the net against Southampton I felt we needed another goalscorer in, I was looking at who was unhappy and Lacazette popped up and was a bargain! I'm expecting big things from him. Sadly Strandberg and Inui have left though, I'm gutted because both have been crucial in our rise to the top but I just couldn't find any room in the side for Strandberg and I'd completely lost patience with Inui. I'm happy to have made a profit on both though.

Player of the Month

View attachment 226146

It's been a really difficult decision but Ocampos just edges it. He's finally found some consistency again.

Very goods signings mate ! You are creating a very powerful team there ! Keep up !!!

Very goods signings mate ! You are creating a very powerful team there ! Keep up !!!

Thanks mate, I'm really excited to see what Mane and Lacazette will bring, we're one of the slowest teams in the league so hopefully a bit of a pace injection will take us onto another level.

February 2017

View attachment 225982

6 games - 24 goals scored... do I need to say much more? An incredible month! The game of the month had to be the 4-0 demolition of PSG, I've never got so excited over a match on FM in my life, I couldn't believe what I was seeing! The new lads have hit the ground running and have had a huge impact so we now look like a very difficult side to stop. I know United managed to beat us but to be fair it was one of the best games I've seen, it was end to end and could've ended up finishing 5-5!

View attachment 225981

After beating us United had closed the gap to one point but then cocked up big time and let us open up the gap again.

First Team

View attachment 225980

All 3 new signings have slotted into the starting 11 and we're now starting to create some serious depth with some good players having to wait for an opening.

Player of the Month

View attachment 225979

I had high hopes for Lacazette when he joined but he completely surpassed my expectations by scoring a hattrick on his first start and ending the month with 5 goals and 4 assists in just 4 games!!!

Other News

View attachment 225975

What an opportunity we've been given in the CL! Plzen pulled off a shock win at the Bernabeu to get here though so I won't be taking them for granted.

View attachment 225973

Lacazette gets my vote personally but Valencia was just as good. Speaking of Valencia...

View attachment 225972

I can't and won't match their wages so we'll have to see how this develops.

What a great month!!!! Youve got a huge chance to win the league this season, and maybe a shot at the champions league! Good luck and hopefully the fixture congestion wont effect you to much.
And regarding valencia, sell him if the bid is good enough, buy a good young english striker who plays in london already maybe ;-)

What a great month!!!! Youve got a huge chance to win the league this season, and maybe a shot at the champions league! Good luck and hopefully the fixture congestion wont effect you to much.
And regarding valencia, sell him if the bid is good enough, buy a good young english striker who plays in london already maybe ;-)

I'm just going to stick to taking one game at a time before I start thinking about winning the league haha I'm scared that I'll jinx it if I get too excited! And if the right offer comes in for Valencia then maybe I'll consider it... he's been that good for us that I've got quite attached to him! It's almost like it doesn't feel like my team when he isn't playing.