Status
Not open for further replies.
yup tried to get Kieran Gibbs, Jack Wilshere and Denilson yet to recieve an answer

gary hooper should be a good signing, just saying though i did a quick season of bristol city once, and saborio and clarkson both scored over 30 goals each, but i hope you can fit him in your system

Harewood To Bristol

View attachment 19046

Today Bristol City Manager Kyle Friel has announced the signing of Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood for 750k with every penny to be paid in installments.

Kyle Friel said of the deal '
The amount Villa wanted was a good price for us and he will bring in experience to our squad. He didn't have the best of times at Villa but was scoring many goals for West ham and hopefully will do so for us. I am also here to confirm this will be the last signing of this transfer window as i now believe we have asquad good enough to get into the Premiership.'

you're signing alot of players. be careful not to change the whole squad.

Saturday 8th August 2009
Coca Cola Championship Game:
Preston 1-2 Bristol City (Away)
Good start to the season and a performance to go with it. 1-0 down after 5 minutes but team started to play some good football and went 2-1 up after goals from Captain Miles Addison and new striker Gary Hooper.
Man Of The Match: Miles Addison 7.6 Good debut, scored a goal and won every header

View attachment 19060

Tuesday 11th August 2009
Carling Cup Game:
Bristol City 4-0 Leyton Orient (Home)
Expected win but should of battered them and was 4-0 up at half time. A first half hat trick from Gary Hooper put us on the way to victory. Miles Addison scored again. Through To The Second Round
Man Of The Match: Gary Cooper 9.4 All round great display and 3 goals with it

View attachment 19059

Last edited:
good luck mate got some good signings there shame bout your palace story was really enjoying that

Saturday 15th August 2009
Bristol City 2-2 Crystal Palace (Home)
How we did not win is beyond me they took the lead twice but should of destroyed them with Speroni on top form. Hooper with a header and a Naylor free kick gave me a draw

Man Of The Match:
Gary Cooper 7.9 One Shot One Goal what more can you ask

View attachment 19127

Tuesday 18th August 2009
Bristol City 4-1 QPR (Home)
Great Performance went behind again but rallied the team before half time and went 2-1 up thanks to goals from Green and Hooper. Goals from Hooper again and Wilshere killed the game off after the break.

Man Of The Match
: Gary Hooper 8.8 Two goals One assist good performance again!

View attachment 19128

mate i attually adore you for doing a city story

the odds rate them so bad but probly one of best teams in league

come on city

maynard is a monster btw he got 38 goals in championship for me

great story so far mate...

love all the little updates of signings etc its interesting. might start doing my notts county the same way.

great signings. and don't listen to people about not changing the squad. thats my philosophy :)

love making transfers lol. i just make sure there determined players, and they gel literally straight away.

garry hooper for 1 mil is a steal, i can never get him for that much.

and you are parented with i think the best club to be parented with.. good move ;)

i will continue to follow, good luck :)

Saturday 22nd August 2009
Cardiff 1-0 Bristol City (Away)
Conceded first but this time couldn't convert the chances to turn the game around but can take encouragement from the performance especially Jack Wilshere wide left.

Man Of The Match: Jack Wilshere 7.4 Supplied great ammunition for the front men they could convert the chances though

View attachment 19166

Tuesday 25th August 2009
Carling Cup Game:
Bristol City 3-1 Leeds United (Home)
Back to Back hat tricks from Gary Hooper in the Carling Cup after a brilliant show of goalscoring. Move Onto the 3rd Round where we have been drawn against West Ham At Home

Man Of The Match: Gary Hooper 9.3 Ultimate show of finishing and his class

View attachment 19164

Saturday 29th August 2009
Bristol City 3-2 Middlesbrough (Home)
Great Display against one of the promotion favourites, Boro were poor to be honest but scored 2 goals against but goals from Hooper, Green and Sno.

Man Of The Match: Paul Green 8.0 All Action Display Here there Everywhere Quality

View attachment 19165

End Of Month Summary:

League : Preston 1-2 Bristol City (Away)
Cup : Bristol City 4-0 Leyton Orient (Home)
League: Bristol City 2-2 Crystal Palace (Home)
League: Bristol City 4-1 QPR (Home)
League: Cardiff City 1-0 Bristol City (Away)
Cup : Bristol City 3-1 Leeds United (Home)
League: Bristol City 3-2 Middlesbrough (Home)

Manager's View:
Friel said '
I think this month we have performed well in every game even in the one where we lost to Cardiff and the signing of Gary Hooper is turning into a real bargain and lets hope the team carry this form into next month'

League Table

View attachment 19167

Player Stats:

View attachment 19168

Team Stats:

View attachment 19169

So far enjoying the read.

One question where did the funds come from to buy those players ?

I have started with BC and have 1.5m to spend sold Basso to Villa for 425k but then I am sitll shy of 2m and I can't seem to attract the names that you have.

I have been free transfering it, with the expection of Nathan Tyson from Forest for 300k

Status
Not open for further replies.