Status
Not open for further replies.
August Awards:

Gary Hooper has today been named the Bristol City's Fans Player Of The Month after a recent poll on the Robins website. When told of the honour Hooper said' Well I think I'm very deserving of this award as i have done what the manager has told me to do, which is to put the ball in the net. I scored 2 hat tricks in the Carling Cup last month and hopefully I can continue this form '

Robins manager Kyle Friel said' Gary may come across as a big headed player but hes very humble and quiet in the dressing room and I can't think off any one else more deserving off this award after his performances last month '

View attachment 19245

Championship Manager Of The Month: Mark Robins (Barnsley)

View attachment 19247

Championship Player Of The Month: Micheal Chopra (Cardiff)

View attachment 19248

Championship Young Player Of The Month: Gary Hooper (Bristol City)

View attachment 19246

Saturday 12th September 2009
Coca Cola Championship Game:
Coventry 1-2 Bristol City (Away)
The Robins march on as we win the battle of Ricoh Arena. Went 1-0 up thanks to Gary Hooper but then Leigertwood was sent off and they equalized shortly afterwards. But in the dying minutes Jack Wilshere stole in at the back post with a left footed volley.

Man Of The Match:
Dean Gerken 8.2

View attachment 19404

Tuesday 15th September 2009

Swansea 0-2 Bristol City (Away)
Continued the good run against a lackluster Swansea, went 1-0 up early thanks to Paul Hartley then should of scored more but a late first goal for Marlon Harewood.

Man Of The Match:
Paul Hartley 7.4

View attachment 19406

Saturday 19th September 2009

Bristol City 1-0 Scunthorpe (Home)
Not the best performance from the boys but an early goal from Jack WIlshere, should of got more but a wins a win.

Man Of The Match:
Jack Wilshere 8.2

View attachment 19405

Saturday 19th September 2009
Bristol City 1-0 Scunthorpe (Home)
Scored quite early against Scunthorpe thanks to a screamer from Jack Wilshere but then started to sit on the lead and could of easily lost the game.

Man Of The Match:
Jack Wilshere 8.2 Scored the only goal

View attachment 19575

Tuesday 22nd September 2009
Carling Cup Game:
Bristol City 2-0 West Ham (Home)
What a Performance! Looking at today's game you wouldn't of been able to tell who was the Premier League team and the Championship team. Hooper scored a header just before half time then Harewood sealed the win in the second half.

Man Of The Match: Paul Green 8.2 Two Assists From the midfield dynamo

View attachment 19577

Saturday 26th September 2009
Derby County 2-1 Bristol City (Away)
Started the same team that played against The Hammers but put in a completely different performance. One positive is that Harewood is starting to score more goals.
Man Of The Match: Paul Green 7.3 Only player who had a good game

View attachment 19578

Tuesday 29th September 2009
Bristol City 5-2 Blackpool (Home)
Great result against a poor Blackpool team. Marlon Harewood scored a brilliant hat trick and Blackpool players contributed with two own goals.

Man Of The Match:
Marlon Harewood 9.4 Scored a great hat trick

View attachment 19576

End Of Month Review:

(CH) Bristol City 2-1 Coventry Away
(12th Sep)
(CH) Bristol City 2-0 Swansea Away
(15th Sep)
(CH) Bristol City 1-0 Scunthorpe Home
(19th Sep)
(CC) Bristol City 2-0 West Ham Home
(22nd Sep)
(CH) Bristol City 1-2 Derby County Away
(26th Sep)
(CH) Bristol City 5-2 Blackpool Home
(29th Sep)

Manager's View:
Kyle Friel said' We played some good football last month especially at the end of the month against Blackpool, so hopefully we can carry our form into our next game against Newcastle away.'

View attachment 19596

Marlon Harewood has today been named the Bristol City's Fans Player Of The Month after a recent poll on the Robins website. When told of the honour Harewood said 'I am honored to receive this award after helping City near the top of the league. I have got this award on goals, that wouldn't be possible without my team mates.'

Manager Kyle Friel said ' Marlon was very deserving off this award after showing he has the capabilities to put the ball in the net and to help the team out. He is also starting to form a great partnership with Gary Hooper.

View attachment 19604

Manager Of The Month:
Kyle Friel (Bristol City) Friel said' This award has come as quite a surprise to me as other managers in the league have helped their team well. We wont rest on a laurels and try to get tothe top of the league.'

View attachment 19606
Championship Player Of The Month:
Brian Stock (Doncaster)

View attachment 19608

Championship Young Player Of The Month:
Fabio (Cardiff City)

View attachment 19607

League Table
View attachment 19605

Saturday 3rd October 2009
Newcastle 0-1 Bristol City (Away)
This is the result that will drive the team to promotion. Outplayed them all over the park and could of been more than 1-0 but a win against a promotion rival I'll take it. A Gary Hooper goal in first half stoppage time sealed the win.

Man Of The Match: Gary Hooper 7.4 Scored the only goal of the game

View attachment 19622

Saturday 17th October 2009
Bristol City 4-0 Peterborough (Home)
A comfortable win against a beleaguered Posh team. The highlight of the match was the hat trick from Marlon Harewood which took his tally to 11 for the season. David Clarkson also scored after filling in for the injured Gary Hooper.

Man Of The Match:
Marlon Harewood 9.4 Hat trick hero

View attachment 19621

Tuesday 20th October 2009
Bristol City 4-2 Plymouth (Home)
Scored 4 goals at home again this time with 4 different scorers. went 1-0 down then 2-1 up then back to 2-2 in 25 minutes. Goals from Hartley, Addison, Harewood and Maynard.

Man Of The Match: Miles Addison 7.7 Well taken goal to round off solid performance

View attachment 19670

Saturday 24th October 2009
Barnsley 0-2 Bristol City (Away)
The Robins 4th consecutive win in October performed well against a well organised Barnsley team. Goals from Maynard and Harewood gave us the win.

Man Of The Match:Miles Addison 7.7 Another assured performance from the captain

View attachment 19668

Tuesday 27th October 2009
Carling Cup Game:
Bristol City 2-2 Fulham Lost 5-3 on penalties (Home)
Controlled the game but somehow found ourselves 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go so brought on the returning Gary Hooper and scored 2 last gasp goals to send us into extra-time. Went to penalties and Hooper missed the vital spot kick.

Man Of The Match: Gary Hooper 7.6 Scored 2 goals to get us back into the match

View attachment 19669

Saturday 31st October 2009
Bristol City 2-1 Sheff Wednesday (Home)
Battered them all over the shop and went 1-0 up thanks to Marlon Harewood then Wednesday scored with there only shot on target. A late Pilkington free kick gave us the three points.

Man Of The Match: Marlon Harewood 7.3 Scored a good goal

View attachment 19675

End Of Month Review:

(CH) Bristol City 1-0 Newcastle Away
(3rd Oct)
(CH) Bristol City 4-0 Peterborough Home
(17th Oct)
(CH) Bristol City 4-2 Plymouth Home
(20th Oct)
(CH) Bristol City 2-0 Barnsley Away
(24th Oct)
(CC) Bristol City 2-2 Fulham Home
(27th Oct)
(CH) Bristol City 2-1 Sheff Wed Home
(31st Oct)

Manager's View:
Manager Kyle Friel said' We performed brilliant last month with 5 consecutive wins in the league and we were also unfortunate not to go through in the Carling Cup. Hopefully we'll carry our form into the Christmas period.'

View attachment 19686

No ones following so why should i update this wasting my time

Follow My Bristol City Story Here

No ones following so why should i update this wasting my time

If its wasting time, why start a story in the first place. If no-one is following, maybe its not quite as good as you think. People follow without comments. All there is to say is good luck, and imagine how much spam there would be? You need to stop crying when people do not comment on your story thread. Another factor could be the fact this is your 3rd story thread already? Please stop crying because no-one is ''following''.

Ocotber Awards:

Marlon Harewood has today been named Bristol City's Player Of The Month, for two months in a row. Marlon said of the award ' Well it is a real honour that i have been given this award twice in a row, but for all the goals ive scored it all comes back to my team mates who create the openings for me.'

Manager Kyle Friel said ' Marlon has been doing well the last couple of months because when Hooper got injured everyone was asking who would score the goals and Marlon has really come to the fore.'

View attachment 19740

Kyle Friel has today been named the Championship's Manager Of The Month for the second successive month.Friel said ' Well we performed well last month in the Championship with 5 successive wins in the Championship which has proppelled us to the top of the league.'

View attachment 19742

Championship Player Of The Month:
Leroy Lita ( Middlesbrough )

View attachment 19741

Championship Young Player Of The Month:
Nathan Dyer ( Swansea )

View attachment 19743

mate i have only just seen this and you look like champions already can i ask a question.

how is reading and pterborough doing on your game?

Reading are 15th and Peterborough are 24th

Saturday 7th November 2009
Nottingham Forest 2-2 Bristol City (Away)
Not the best performance to start the month off but a point away from home is a good result. Goals from Maynard and Harewood gave us a draw.

Man Of The Match: Marlon Harewood 7.4 Scored crucial equaliser

View attachment 19777

Saturday 21st November 2009
West Brom 0-5 Bristol City (Away)
What a result against a underachieving West Brom, nevertheless they were one of the pre season favorites to go up. Under pressure in the first half even though i was 2-0 up thanks to Sproule and Hooper, but 3 goals in 4 minutes from Harewood, Hooper and Green gave us a historic win.

Man Of The Match: Gary Hooper 9.0 Scored 2 and made 2 great performance

View attachment 19778

Status
Not open for further replies.