footy1

Reaction score
View attachment 320453

Rise of The Tigers - Hull City

With the new patch out I thought it was time to begin my first proper story of FM15. I eventually chose Hull as I like their team and they seem like a good team to try and build up towards the top of the Premier League.

The Club

After being founded in 1904, Hull have had surprisingly little success trophy-wise. Only recently have they established themselves as a Premier League club after one of the quickest rises up the divisions in recent years. With wealthy Egyptian Assem Allam the owner of the club, the club's finances are in a good state currently.

View attachment 320450

The club has only ever won three trophies in it's 110 year history, with the only one of note being the League One title in 1966. The other trophies were two English Third Division North victories.

View attachment 320449

That's definitely something that needs to change in my time at Hull.

That ends the introduction, I hope you all enjoy the save!

The Squad

View attachment 320448

Nat.Pos.NameSquad StatusAge
View attachment 320447GKAllan McGregorFirst Team32
View attachment 320446GKSteve HarperBackup39
View attachment 320446RBLiam RoseniorRotation30
View attachment 320439RBAhmed ElmohamadyBackup26
View attachment 320446CBCurtis Davies (C)Key Player29
View attachment 320438CBJames ChesterRotation25
View attachment 320446CBMichael DawsonFirst Team30
View attachment 320440CBPaul McShaneBackup28
View attachment 320447LBAndrew RobertsonRotation20
View attachment 320435LBMaynor FigureoaRotation31
View attachment 320446DMTom HuddlestoneKey Player27
View attachment 320436CMMohamed DiameFirst Team27
View attachment 320446CMJake LivermoreFirst Team24
View attachment 320440CMDavid MeylerFirst Team25
View attachment 320431RWHatem Ben ArfaKey Player27
View attachment 320447RWRobert SnodgrassFirst Team26
View attachment 320434CAMGaston RamirezFirst Team23
View attachment 320446LWTom InceBackup22
View attachment 320440LWRobbie BradyRotation22
View attachment 320432STSone AlukoRotation25
View attachment 320437STYannick SagboBackup26
View attachment 320434STAbel HernandezFirst Team23
View attachment 320433STNikica JelavicFirst Team28

August

View attachment 320286

August was a decent start to life at Hull I guess. The less said about the Europa League tie the better, I was experimenting with a new tactic for the second leg but it backfired spectacularly. It adds a bit of realism to the career though, as this also happened in real life. The Liverpool game was also poor, but finally things began to pick up with wins in the cup against Doncaster and then West Brom in the league.

View attachment 320285

That leaves us tenth in the league, which is decent I guess considering we've played Liverpool already. I'd be happy to finish around there this year. Up next are Chelsea and Arsenal though, which will be real tests for us and could see us drop down the table for the time being.

View attachment 320282

With August finishing, I also thought I would show you our transfers. Elmohamady, McShane and Sagbo all leave, as I thought they wouldn't play much of a part this year. Coming in is Naughton who will be our first choice right-back this year, and youngster Josh Murphy from Norwich for 10M who should develop into a top player for us in the future.

Unlucky in the Europa League mate! and a tough start but a great end to the month

Good luck with Hull City, played as them on the beta and it was an incredibly enjoyable save. :)

Sam - It wasn't a great start, but we're showing some promise which is hopefully a good sign.

Werrett - Cheers, hopefully I enjoy Hull as much as you did.

September

View attachment 319834

Four games for us this month, and despite two losses I think it's better than it first looks. We lost away at Chelsea first, but that was one of our toughest games on the calendar. What came next was very promising for our season, as we beat Arsenal comfortably at home in what was a great performance. A weakened team then threw away our COC chances against Bolton, but I can live with it as I don't think we would have had a chance to win it this year. The last game was an entertaining 2-2 draw with West Ham, in which we came from behind.

View attachment 319833

Another steady month puts us around mid-table once again, in eleventh. I think that's a decent place seeing we've played three top teams in our first six games. A top half finish could be in reach this year on our early showings I think. More consistency needed however, as losing against teams like Bolton is unacceptable.

Player of the Month: Hatem Ben Arfa

View attachment 319831

Hatem was a key influence this month, where he was a constant threat against Arsenal and West Ham. Highlights included an assist against the Gunners and the equaliser in the last few minutes against the Hammers.

A tough month there mate but still a great win against Arsenal!

Decent start so far, not getting in the Europa League and losing in the Capital One Cup so early might actually be a blessing in disguise as you now have far less games to play so you can focus your attention on getting good results in the BPL.

Cheers guys, let's hope it is a blessing in disguise. Things certainly seem to have picked up.

October

View attachment 319521

October was a great success for us, with 2 wins and a draw from 3 games. A home draw against Burnley wasn't ideal, but we then turned in two strong performances to beat Stoke and Man Utd. Playing away at the Brittania isn't the easiest of games this year but we played very well to hold Stoke after going up early. Back in Hull we then came from behind to beat the Red Devils impressively.

View attachment 319519

That puts us well inside the top half at this stage, and with many of the league's bigger teams behind us I think we can push on over the next month or so even further. Things are looking very promising for us and the board are pleased with how things are going after a shaky start.

Player of the Month - Mo Diame

View attachment 319518

Mo has been great this month playing in a new creative role and against Man Utd he showed his class with two assists complementing a great performance.

A great month there mate and a top win against Man United!

Thanks Sam, it was a great performance.

November

View attachment 319254

November was another great month for us, with 3/4 victories and a draw against high-flying Everton. We did very well to grind out a point at Goodison before taking all 3 points in two tight games thanks to goals from Andrew Robertson against Sunderland and Abel Hernandez against Villa. Against QPR we dominated and should have scored more, but another Hernandez brace meant we won comfortably.

View attachment 319253

10/12 points moves up a place into sixth and into a Europa League place. With our form at the moment, we have to hope we can stay where we are with a few winnable games this month, although we do meet Tottenham and City as well.

Player of the Month: Abel Hernandez

View attachment 319252

It was a great month for Abel with the Uruguayan scoring three goals and proving he deserves a regular starting spot ahead of the likes of Jelavic and Aluko who are waiting in the wings.​

Yarmolenko on his way to Hull?

View attachment 319251

Hull City could have a strong chance of signing Dinamo Kyiv midfielder Andriy Yarmolenko in January, with the Ukrainian reportedly unsettled in his home country and wanting a move abroad to a higher profile league.

Yarmolenko's season has been a good one so far, with 8 goals coming in 16 games. However, with high flying Hull rumoured to be interested in bringing him in for around £5M, he could not be in Ukraine for much longer. Other interest has been rumoured from European heavyweights Chelsea and Manchester City, so for a deal to happen Hull would have to act quickly.

The Tigers' interest in the Ukraine international comes after reports of left-winger Robbie Brady being unhappy at a lack of first team action, and if Yarmolenko comes in it is a possibility the Irishman will be sold on with Josh Murphy another left winger in the squad who needs game time.

With Hull lying sixth in the Premier league, they will be hoping any addition will help them maintain their high position in the league.

Last edited:
Another great month there and good luck if you do get Yarmolenko!

December

View attachment 318404

We got a bit of a kick up the backside in December, with our two-month unbeaten run ending and four losses from six games. Swansea and Crystal palace games were solid performances where we were on the front foot, but we got humiliated by Leicester away as well as losses against Tottenham, City and Southampton, which wasn't good and saw us drop down the table.

View attachment 318402

As said we drop to eighth at the turn of the year and the midway point of the season. A bit disappointing considering our earlier position but I would have taken this at the start of the year. Hopefully we can add well in January and push on again once this poor run ends.

Player of the Month: Robert Snodgrass

View attachment 318396

Not many standout performers this month but Robert put in a good shift in a few games which saw him keep Ben Arfa out of the first team. The highlight of his month was a brace against Swansea on the way to a 4-1 win.

Mid season squad update

View attachment 318395

A look at how each player is performing, in order of appearances. Abel Hernandez has been our stand out player thus far, is our top scorer at the moment with ten goals, while he is also the leader in assists with five.

View attachment 318393

Some other news is that we managed to agree a fee of £4.7M with Dinamo Kyiv for Andriy Yarmolenko and the Ukranian has become my third signing in my time here at Hull. Robbie Brady leaves at the same time to West Brom for £6.75M, a decent couple of dealings for the club improving our depth on the left-wing.

January

View attachment 318227

January was another busy month for us, with seven games. Our form was patchy again, with wins against Bradford in the FA Cup and Newcastle but losses against bigger teams Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The 4-2 loss against West Brom was disappointing, while the other result was a draw against Everton in the cup. Another poor month really, and we need to pick up our form.

View attachment 318226

Those results mean we remain in eighth, but Arsenal seem to be catching us with games in hand. However, this month was a tough one and next month there should be a chance to get back to winning ways.

Player of the Month - Andriy Yarmolenko

View attachment 318225

A great start to life here in England for Andriy, with the Ukrainian scoring against Bradford on his debut on his way to 3 goals and an assist from 6 games. It looks like he will be a solid signing for us.

View attachment 318224

A quick look at our January transfers - two ins, three outs. Along with Yarmolenko we also signed spanish playmaker Sergi Roberto, with the likes of Aluko, Rosenior and Brady all leaving due to not having many first team opportunities.

View attachment 318223

Sergi Roberto​