Rise of the Unknown - A Brabrand FC Story

Mate i have managed Stade Rennais and i got my scout to give me player reports for loan.I also had 0 transfer budger.He found me players that i did not need but i think they are going to be great for.Ever thought about doing that?

I did have my scouts out for a couple of months but then realised they are costing the club to much money so i decided to stop them scouting as the clubs in a very poor financial state, but if i gain promotion and fingers crossed we are in a more secure position then scouting will be key for me.

You are gonna get some money at the end of the season.You are having a great season.

May

Late thriller against Thisted FC

Brabrand continue to break record now 18 games unbeaten

Brabrand still somehow sit in 2nd place with only 4 games to go

Results

View attachment 269023

Brabrand 1-0 Thisted FC
Nielsen

View attachment 269035
YES!

FC Fyn 0-3 Brabrand
Sorensen, Skibsted, Nielsen

Brabrand 2-2 Naesby
Jens D, Mork

Skovbakken 1-4 Brabrand
El Banna, Larsen(2), Winding

Player of the Month

Would have to go to Frank Nielsen for his late winner against the league leaders to give us real hopes of promotion.

May Review

Was a very good month as i hoped picking up a must needed win against Thisted but was bit disappointed we didn't play better in the 2-2 draw as we cant afford to do that next month as its all must win games but a very pleasing month none the less.

League Standings

View attachment 269038

4 games left, its going to be very close!

Well guys with four games left what have you thought about my first season in charge of Brabrand? and do you think they can steal the title with one month left!?

Last edited:
Awesome challenge there mate. And going well for you I can see. I'm currently managing Hvalsø IF, starts out in the Danish Serie 1. I have won the Superlige 6 times now...
But the toughest thing about the Danish league, is to be able to sign real quality players, and go for Champions League glory. Because basically all the real great players won't even touch danish ground, because of the low Superliga ranking. Personally, I've only managed to win Campions league with a danish team once. That was in FM11, with FC Roskilde. And it first came in 2035.

But it'll be a while for you still. I hope you can beat Thisted for the promotion. Just remember that the Danish 1st Division is much harder the 2nd. And after that, the Superliga is **** compared to 1st division.
But good luck mate, I'm crossing my whole body for you to grab promotion ;)

Awesome challenge there mate. And going well for you I can see. I'm currently managing Hvalsø IF, starts out in the Danish Serie 1. I have won the Superlige 6 times now...
But the toughest thing about the Danish league, is to be able to sign real quality players, and go for Champions League glory. Because basically all the real great players won't even touch danish ground, because of the low Superliga ranking. Personally, I've only managed to win Campions league with a danish team once. That was in FM11, with FC Roskilde. And it first came in 2035.

But it'll be a while for you still. I hope you can beat Thisted for the promotion. Just remember that the Danish 1st Division is much harder the 2nd. And after that, the Superliga is **** compared to 1st division.
But good luck mate, I'm crossing my whole body for you to grab promotion ;)

Thanks alot man, yeah i thought the Danish league would of been really tough but im always up for a big challenge, good to see your doing to well with a Danish club to :)! and thaks for the heads up just got to hope for promotion first lol :)!

View attachment 269055

June

Barbrand set new club and Division record of 21 games unbeaten

So as we know Thisted FC are in the driving seat for the title with Barbrand hot on there heels but with 5 remaining games who came out as the winner? lets find out..

Results

Kjellrup 0-5 Barbrand
Skibsted(4), Due

A convincing win for Barbrand! but unfortunately Thisted fire straight back with a 3-2 win to stay one step ahead.

Barbrand 1-0 Skjold
Skibsted

Barbrand managed to hold on to there 1-0 win while Thised walked through 3-0 winners.

Otterup 1-4 Barbrand
Sorsen, Kaagh, Skibsted, Nielsen

Solid performance from the Barbrand side but also from Thisted who deny Brabrand with another 3-0 and now only 2 games to go!

Barbrand 4-1 Viby
Skibsted, OG, El Banna

Another amazing performance from Barbrand and i can tell you that Thisted have only managed a draw against third place Aarhus Fremad which means with one game to go Brabrand are now in the driving seat!!

FC Svendborg 1-3 Barbrand
Due(2), Skibsted

Yet another win from Brabrand which means they are the new Danish second division west champions!!

Player of the Month

Has to go to Simon Skibsted who has been key this month with 8 goals, not really played much games till this month and has actually been brilliant when started so im glad to successfully keep him at the club for another year.

June Review

Could i be much happier!? lol very very pleased we managed to come through a very good season as the champions as it could of gone either way, very proud of the team who over performed the whole season considering they were mid table finishers so very happy!

Final League Standings

View attachment 269060

Was really to close to call, very hard first season at the club but our clinical finishing won it in the end with a 6 goal difference for Thisted FC.

But before i go soaking up my 1st place finish i have easily the biggest two games of the season coming up, the Danish second division play-offs which will be a two game decider against Hellerup in order to move up the division! decided to do a separate post for the play-offs as its a key part in the season finale, should be up tomorrow.

Well guys please let me know what you thought of my first season in charge although i do have the play-offs left id really like to know what the followers thought of it!?

I will be posting the awards etc after the play-offs update :)

Wow incredible finish to the season mate!!

Don't make us wait too long for the play-offs :p

Play-off First Leg

Brabrand vs HIK

Welcome to the first leg of the Danish second division play-offs in which will prove to be a very close game with two evenly matched sides, both teams played very well this season as Brabrand managed 21-6-3 in the leauge and HIK 17-7-6 so on paper Brabrand look to be the better team especially as they are unbeaten at home all season.

Well lets go down to the pitch where the game is about to get under way!

KO' Brabrand finally get the game underway and you can feel the excitment around the ground.

9 ' Nielsen advances down the line but his cross fails to enter the box, insted out for a Brabrand corner and a chance to go into an early lead.

10' Nielsen whips the cross into the box but is headed clear by Danry to go out for a Brabrand throw in deep in the HIK half, Edvold finds Nielsen with the throw in, Nielsen curls the ball into the far post with a first time cross, Martin Lund is free at the back post and dives onto the ball! .... GOAL FOR BRABRAND! fantastic start for the home side!

21' Thrane adnvances through the middle with the ball and manages to find Lunk with the trough ball for another chance!... great save by Anderson! he pulls of a fantastic save to dent Brabrand a second goal.

26' Fredgaard bursts down the line and beats Belling to float a cross in, Hasling jumps of his line to ****** up the ball but fumbles it! the ball falls to Kristensen! hes missed an open goal! he hangs his head in shame as he know he should of buried that, Brabrand hang onto there lead.

34' Yet another corner kick for Brabrand as Nielsen walk over to take the corner... He fires the ball into the box and Sorensen with the header! cleared of the line from Kais! so close for Brabrand!

39' Great interception from Thrane who runs at the defence looking for the pass, he slips it through to Skibsted who is one on one with the keeper! ... poor effort from Skibsted who tried to calmly scoop the ball over Anderson but sees it go high and wide.

43' Great tackle from Berch to ****** the ball from Thrane, he switches the play to find Haandberg on the far side, handberg skips passed Edvold to drill in a cross at the near post and finds Fredgaard! oh so close as the balls shoots wide of the post!

HT Well we reach half time at Brabrand Stadion with Brabrand currently leading 1 goal to nil in whats proving to be a very close game.

53' Berch plays the ball forward to find Christensen who plays the ball through to Fredgaard who looks to cross! no he shoots! but only finds the side netting in a very smart piece of work from the striker, very good start to the second half for HIK.

58' Playmaker Christensen floats the ball over the top of the Brabrand defence only to find Sorensen whos header away is poor and falls to Berch who plays a quick pass to Chrisensen on the edge of the box, hes going for goal! GOAAALLL!! Kim Christensen calmy places the ball in the top corner! Hasling had no chance of getting to that, game on!

61' Nielsen busts past his man but is tripped on the edge of the box by Christensen for a chance to hit back immediatley, Nielsen fires the ball into the box and Lund meets the header! GOOALL! brabrand go back in the lead canceling out HIK's goal 3 minutes ago with a well placed header and Lund's second of the game!

75' Monk clashes with Berch and looks to be in some pain, he will have to go off but with Brabrand having to substitues left they will have to see out the last 15 minutes with only 10 men!

FT Full time whistle goes in what has been a very exciting first leg here at Brabrand Stadion, but both teams will have it all to do again in three days time when HIK host Brabrand in a must win game for HIK.

View attachment 269118

2nd Leg will be up later :)!

Last edited:
!

Play-offs 2nd Leg

HIK (1) V (2) Brabrand

Just a small update as there wasnt much action in the game so just the score for you guys!

View attachment 269122

Yes! we got promotion and will be playing in the first division next season!

Sorry it was just a small update but the End of season/awards will be up later on :)!

End of Season

Awards

Player of the Year

View attachment 269124

Top Goalscorer

View attachment 269125

Team of the Year

View attachment 269126

My Best Eleven

View attachment 269128

My Top 3 Players of the Year

1. Wassim El Banna

2. Frank Nielsen

3. Frank Winding

Season Round-Up

Well i couldn't of asked for a much better opening year at Brabrand but the downfall was the clubs finances took a hugs battering over the year which was mostly my fault but i feel very confident i can have a good year in the first division next year.

Plans for Future

Well my first plans is to try and tighten up the squad getting rid of the fringe players and bringing in players more up to standards with the first division, this year ill be doing ALOT more work within the club working on my staff, finances etc. Im disapointedthe club hasn't decided to go professional and we stay semi-professional but it should be a very good financial year due to a much better financial league along with games being televised and hopefully a longer cup run this year round.

Just like to thank all the people following and commenting throughout this first year, hope it continues throughout, thanks guys :)!