Anyone got any results using the 4-2-3-1 tactic? I'm updating the OP tonight with my results.

4-2-3-1 is good, apart from conceeding loads from corners, unbeaten in 12 then it begins to tail off towards the end of the year.

4-2-3-1 is good, apart from conceeding loads from corners, unbeaten in 12 then it begins to tail off towards the end of the year.
I've not conceded many from corners mate? And I'm still doing well, I've tailed off slightly but still 1 point off the top. Will update the OP with my results when I get home from the footy

Updated the OP however FMbase doesn't work very well on my PC, so I'm gonna neaten it up later. Testing it with Sunderland

Updated the OP however FMbase doesn't work very well on my PC, so I'm gonna neaten it up later. Testing it with Sunderland

Really like the formation!
Is it 14.2 you test it in? Would it suit any team?

Really like the formation!
Is it 14.2 you test it in? Would it suit any team?

Yeah mate I test it on the 14.2. I guess it would suit any team with the right players tbh, however Everton it obviously suited perfectly, and I didn't need to make any signings (well apart from when I had to cancel Lukaku's loan). I'm using it with Sunderland and it seems to be working with them alright.

Yeah mate I test it on the 14.2. I guess it would suit any team with the right players tbh, however Everton it obviously suited perfectly, and I didn't need to make any signings (well apart from when I had to cancel Lukaku's loan). I'm using it with Sunderland and it seems to be working with them alright.

Great! Anything you change when facing a greater opponent or when playing away from home? :)

cheers

Great! Anything you change when facing a greater opponent or when playing away from home? :)

cheers

I didn't change anything, however when I lead away from home against the big teams I changed the mentality to control from attacking (counter is too defensive for me) and once against United away from home I dropped the CAM to an anchor man role just to help out the defense. I only did that though because it was a COC semi and we were defending a 3-1 lead.

I didn't change anything, however when I lead away from home against the big teams I changed the mentality to control from attacking (counter is too defensive for me) and once against United away from home I dropped the CAM to an anchor man role just to help out the defense. I only did that though because it was a COC semi and we were defending a 3-1 lead.

Might be giving it a go with Hull ;)

Im a huge Everton fan personally so i'd be interested in seeing how well this does for when i start a save with them. Only got the game for xmas and started with a random team (Saint Etienne).

I've been using 1 other tactic so far and have now started to become inconsistent so i've been looking at other options. I found a 2nd one to use that seems ok but its not fluid and only tried 2 gams so far. just doesnt seem to have as much punch as i'd like so ill give this a go and see how i get on.

I'd be interested to know, as you didnt mention anything about it in the OP, what your match training assignments are? Generally, with most tactics ive been using, ive gone for Tactics - High till 80% fluid, then just swapping to Balanced - High

Also do you use anything mid game if you go behind and try to get back in the match or look to defend a lead?

Last edited:
Im a huge Everton fan personally so i'd be interested in seeing how well this does for when i start a save with them. Only got the game for xmas and started with a random team (Saint Etienne).

I've been using 1 other tactic so far and have now started to become inconsistent so i've been looking at other options. I found a 2nd one to use that seems ok but its not fluid and only tried 2 gams so far. just doesnt seem to have as much punch as i'd like so ill give this a go and see how i get on.

I'd be interested to know, as you didnt mention anything about it in the OP, what your match training assignments are? Generally, with most tactics ive been using, ive gone for Tactics - High till 80% fluid, then just swapping to Balanced - High

Also do you use anything mid game if you go behind and try to get back in the match or look to defend a lead?

I did tactics-high then I switched to attacking-high. And tbh no, I threw on an extra striker sometimes and occasionally I switched to control to defend a lead.

Finished the season quite nicely after a bit of a "ding-dong" battle for the title between me and PSG. Got to 2 cup finals, won one and lost one. Not used this tactic every game but mainly in games where i need to or expect to score a few goals and its done well enough for me to keep using it.

Try adding some Coaches in tactic training like Jeffery Talan for shooting very good addition

I have too much possesion with this tactic and not enoygh chances and goals.

oh wrong tactic didnt mean to post it here

Last edited: