catalinspk

Reaction score
As this is my first ever tactic share, let me start by saying that i'm open to criticism. Please be gentle about the post also, i'm so new at this.
So, let's begin! the tactic is somewhat a 4-2-1-2-1. It looks like this:
View attachment 424889

I was playing Jassar's impossible, and then i decided to start a save with a mid-table team like Bilbao and see how that goes. As you'll see in the fixture screenshot, the preseason went quite well, the tactic was fluid and then the Real Madrid game came. They nearly smashed us to pieces, we were so lucky to draw! Following all of Jassar's instructions in his post didn't help. So i decide to create my own tactic, based on a defensive phylosophy, that also scored goals. I don't knowabout the scoring part, but i think i sure got the defending part right! As you can see, 14 clean sheets, and the 5 goals conceeded! The whole team defends as a whole, and the counter attacking moves are fast and beautiful to watch. The DW cut inside, and the AP scores also. I'm using Jassar's setpiece instructions.

The Match Preparation is Def Set pieces always.
OI: Ask my *** Man. i have David Court. He will sign with amid table team. Not a great motivator, i usually talk to my team myself, but he has great defending , tactics and tactical knowledge stats. Great OI"s from this guy.
Individual training also from him.
If you go down to ten men, take out the AP and switch to Counter mentality.
Also, on hard away games start with counter. ( the Sevilla Atletico Madrid and Sociedad games, im my save). Other away games ( Espanyol etc) set mentality to control.
At home, switch to control when leading by 2 or 3 and want to keep the result.
Also, about the D-line. Read Jassar's post about it. I've used it, but not always as a rule. You should play a high line against Barca , but Messi or Ronaldo, or Bale, will often break the offside trap, and the flag will stay down.:)
For example, first 15 mins of the Sevilla game, they were all over us, so i decided to set the line deeper and untick the offside trap, and play on the counter. Same for the Sociedad derby.
I don't think i've found some exploit tactic. The odd game will happen. We couldn;t score against Levante at home, or the Granada cup game , no matter what we did!
Here are some screenies.Hop this was not just a fluke,and looking forward on how you guys think we can improve this.
Enjoy, and thanks for reading!

View attachment 424873View attachment 424872View attachment 424871

View attachment 424870View attachment 424868View attachment 424866View attachment 424865View attachment 424864View attachment 424862View attachment 424861View attachment 424859View attachment 424858

FileShare Download RockSolid.tac

Please give feedback!

Last edited:
I too share the thoughts on defensive play, I would much rather keep a clean sheet than go into crazy scoring mode and concede! This looks interesting may give it a go with a team soon!

To be honest because you have 6 set on defence at the back you could afford to put the DWs on support I think man!

View attachment 424831

Currently rocking this with norwich which is one of di martinos creations but modified a bit! Beat City 2-0 away from home drew with United 1-1 at home having 4 CCCs and them having none! Beat AC Milan at home!

Last edited:
I too share the thoughts on defensive play, I would much rather keep a clean sheet than go into crazy scoring mode and concede! This looks interesting may give it a go with a team soon!

To be honest because you have 6 set on defence at the back you could afford to put the DWs on support I think man!

View attachment 489606

Currently rocking this with norwich which is one of di martinos creations but modified a bit! Beat City 2-0 away from home drew with United 1-1 at home having 4 CCCs and them having none! Beat AC Milan at home!
I did try what you said about the DW being on support,and first game we got wacked 4-0 at home by Almeria. Will se how the rest of the season goes. Still in witha chance o winning La Liga with Bilbao, like that could ever happen in real life :)
Gonna try it with a top team afterwards. Your setup looks impressive to!

The link doesn't work for me, could you put another one, thx.

The link doesn't work for me, could you put another one, thx.

There is an archive now mate.Tnx for trying it. If you use it until it's fluid and it doesn't work, please post feedback on how you would improve it, if you got the time. Tnx!

Love this Formation will definitely try this but as an away tactic. Looking at your results its the perfect tactic when your away.

Didnt wprk put for me was getying smashed with cardiff prefer the one I was using with Norwich! Now in fa cup semi final and europa league quarters plus 5th in the prem in just my 2nd season

first game away against hannower 4-0 second game home vs herta 6-1 playing with dortmund looks good so far, will bring SS later

and hannower game, i will test more with some other team and ill be back heh

Didnt wprk put for me was getying smashed with cardiff prefer the one I was using with Norwich! Now in fa cup semi final and europa league quarters plus 5th in the prem in just my 2nd season

I had problems using it with Milan also. But with Inter i'm on a 14 consecutive wins run! So i guess youhave to have the right players for it. I changed the DW to support and changed the bwm role to an anchor man. Seems better. The anchor man role is helpful in a way that i can use some WB defend roles out back, i think. Any chance you could share your tactic, maybe if we tweak them together we come up with a beast? :)