I had problems using it with Milan also. But with Inter i'm on a 14 consecutive wins run! So i guess youhave to have the right players for it. I changed the DW to support and changed the bwm role to an anchor man. Seems better. The anchor man role is helpful in a way that i can use some WB defend roles out back, i think. Any chance you could share your tactic, maybe if we tweak them together we come up with a beast? :)

Will be sharing my tweak of di martinos tactic later tonight! Won the fa cup with Norwich and in the europa league final

Would it still work if I changed the DW's to IF's?

haven't tried that yet mate. it might. you have enough def players as is. Also depends on what team you are managing. With inter i've tried using Guarin as a winger and he is *****. Changed the Ap role to a BBM and he bosses the midfield!

haven't tried that yet mate. it might. you have enough def players as is. Also depends on what team you are managing. With inter i've tried using Guarin as a winger and he is *****. Changed the Ap role to a BBM and he bosses the midfield!

Currently using City and have Aguero on the left and Silva/Ozil on the right.

Love the look of this formation i think its actually quite a fair representation of how many teams line up. Would is work as plug and do you think? (yes i know no plug and play truly works anymore but you can definitely build a successful team using plug and play over time.)

Playing 1st season with Villarreal. Plugged your tactic in October. Here are the results so far.

View attachment 491059 View attachment 491060 View attachment 491062 View attachment 491065 View attachment 491068 View attachment 491070 View attachment 491071

Very solid at defense. It needs a little bit of improvement in attack but it could be problems from my team in scoring goals. Good tactic, I think. I will keep testing.
Thore are nice with Villareal mate! I agree, i'm working on improvements in attack. You only free score if you are a top team.

Love the look of this formation i think its actually quite a fair representation of how many teams line up. Would is work as plug and do you think? (yes i know no plug and play truly works anymore but you can definitely build a successful team using plug and play over time.)
I don't think it works as a plug and play tactic. I've tried it with Milan and i got smashed. Better to start a new save with it, or at least september, or october.

liverpool win 5-1 over Arsenal today... i blame match engine:D

Plugged the tactic for the first time and look what happend!

I've basically beaten Barca in the only possible way if managing a weaker side: letting them control the game and waste opportunities, taking advantages of the spaces that they inevitably leave and counterattack like crazy. Just like in real life :D

Thanks man, I'm still not sure if use your tactic in the 2nd leg...do you have any advice on the required attributes for each position and about the training to set during the week?

Plugged the tactic for the first time and look what happend!

I've basically beaten Barca in the only possible way if managing a weaker side: letting them control the game and waste opportunities, taking advantages of the spaces that they inevitably leave and counterattack like crazy. Just like in real life :D

Thanks man, I'm still not sure if use your tactic in the 2nd leg...do you have any advice on the required attributes for each position and about the training to set during the week?

wow! nice dude! i just asked my Assistant to set the focus for each player , basically if you want just forget about the roles, focus each player were they are weak!. fot exmple teach the AP how to tackle, and as another example let;s say you use Khedira as the BWM, train his passing , because he's a wonderful tackler!
You should use it at home. Once it gets fluid it will do wonders at home. Still working on how to make it more succesfull attacking wise.
Will update the OP with the kind of players and attributes they should have. with the right players i think it could be a beast, especially if i can tweak it to be more efficient in attack. In my tests, it has failed with Milan and Swansea, but lost only one game with Inter, and undefeated , 1st position with Newcastle!
Cheers!

Last edited: