Rome: Total War

Medival tw2, what time is it set (what years... not the period of time (which is medival times)) ause i might get it tomorrow, depending on how much i have as i have to pay for car tax :(
1080-1530 if I remember correctly. There are tonnes of mods for it though. Probably the best place to get them is twcenter.net.

Nice,haven't played as Carthage..toughest campaign of ive played was Pontus!,being battered by hopiltes when your armies core is horses isn't much fun

Carthage is ******* tough, as aside from elephants, your early units are horrendously weak. Light cavalry and light infantry versus hastatii and principes is tough. Only way to win is to drive elephants through the Roman army centre or flank, then charge in with all you've got and hope it's enough to route them.

1080-1530 if I remember correctly. There are tonnes of mods for it though. Probably the best place to get them is twcenter.net.

cheers, i got paid more than i thought so if i find it tomorrow after work ill buy it :D... i wonder if argos sell it

does medival 2 include muskets and stuff? or is that later on :S lol

Last edited:
Carthage is ******* tough, as aside from elephants, your early units are horrendously weak. Light cavalry and light infantry versus hastatii and principes is tough. Only way to win is to drive elephants through the Roman army centre or flank, then charge in with all you've got and hope it's enough to route them.

Interesting,will definitely give it a shot in the near future!!and report back

I loved playing as Greek Cities although Macedonian cavalry should go die somewhere. Being the Gauls is fun as well but it's pretty hard.

Interesting,will definitely give it a shot in the near future!!and report back

And watch out for the turn 3 or so invasion of Africa. The Brutii immediately sail a fully stacked legion to take you out. Easiest way to stop them is to sink their fleet. The Julii come round the top to take Sardinia and while the Scipii siege Syracuse, you should plant spies in Messina to sneak an army in and isolate the Scipii.

I especially loved the barbarian expansion. Conquered the whole of europe with my Hunnic horsemen (H)

Didn't like the alexander one that much. You start with 3 villages and get attacked by almost everyone in the beginning. I remember 1 time I was playing it and defeated an army at least 3 times as big as mine, but Alexander died in the proces (even though almost no one from his bodyguards died :S). And Alexander dead = game over so i gave up and started a barbarian campaign again <)

Making lots of money as the Scipio peoples. Constantly ignoring the senate and planning to turn on them soon as they are seeming very weak as are the Julii.