Romelu Lukaku Staying Put!!

Raphael.

Reaction score
Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku will disappoint a host of Premier League clubs by committing his short-term future to the Belgian champions.

The 17-year-old has been strongly linked with Chelsea, Tottenham and Manchester United in recent months, as well as Spanish giants Real Madrid.

Read more here

To be fair, there was no proof he was going to leave in the first place, just media speculation. No one actually put a bid in for him

Finally a young European hot shot with sense. Get your education, play for your home town, theres no rush and he has more time to keep dominating the Belgium League, good to see him being sensible

Finally a young European hot shot with sense. Get your education, play for your home town, theres no rush and he has more time to keep dominating the Belgium League, good to see him being sensible

Yep, good to see. I wish him all the best, seems a very reasonable, sensible player.

this guy can be one of the best strikers in history, if he doesnt **** it up

I agree he is being very smart.
If he moves he will hardly get a lot of playing time, this way he can play, improve and harness his skills till he is older and then he can move to a big club and slot straight into the first team.

He has always said he wants to concentrate on his education before leaving and fair play to the lad. Just as long as he rocks up at the Bridge when he does decide its time to move on.

Good, now he can continue to develop in relative peace compared to what would happen in a environment filled with the "lovely" Spanish/english media

Good, now he can continue to develop in relative peace compared to what would happen in a environment filled with the "lovely" Spanish/english media

Also, I don't really think we need him. We have Rooney, Chicharito, Welback (who is in great form for Sunderland), Macheda, Berbatov and Owen there would be too many strikers.

Also, I don't really think we need him. We have Rooney, Chicharito, Welback (who is in great form for Sunderland), Macheda, Berbatov and Owen there would be too many strikers.

I agree, but i personally dont think that welbeck will develop to the same point as Lukaku. Plus Lukaku is only 17, by the time hes say, 21 Berba will probably be gone, owen definitely gone and we will have a much better idea of the progress of both Macheda and Welbeck

In the future we could definitely have room for someone of his quality

As soon as someone gets called a hot prospect, he automatically gets linked with the whole of the Prem.

Good move by Lukaku tbh, wouldn't have got into the teams anyway and he should focus on improving his game. In two or three years time though I can see him being in the premier league with either Man Utd or Chelsea.

I agree, but i personally dont think that welbeck will develop to the same point as Lukaku. Plus Lukaku is only 17, by the time hes say, 21 Berba will probably be gone, owen definitely gone and we will have a much better idea of the progress of both Macheda and Welbeck

In the future we could definitely have room for someone of his quality

Maybe but lets say 4 years down the line we would have Rooney at his peak, Chicharito a definate 1st team player, Macheda should be quality so even if we did get him he defo be on the bench till Rooney gets old.

Good decision by him. Glad to see some people arent in footy just for the money

Not being biased here but i believe Chelsea are in the driving seat to sign the lad, i just hope when he does want to leave Chelsea stump up the cash to bring him to the Bridge.

Not being biased here but i believe Chelsea are in the driving seat to sign the lad, i just hope when he does want to leave Chelsea stump up the cash to bring him to the Bridge.

His visited the bridge in a Chelsea shirt and supports them apparently :D. also Drogba is his idol

As much as it pains me to say this, i agree, Chelsea also have the advantage of having Drogba, who i think is someone that Lukaku admires (they are also both very powerful strikers)

Hope i see him at OT in a few years but most likely be wearing blue :(

His visited the bridge in a Chelsea shirt and supports them apparently :D. also Drogba is his idol

Yer i heard all that and also i believe Chelsea got Drogba to ring him up and have a 'chat' with him. I think that there could be a gentlemans agreement already in place behind closed doors.

Real will probably sign him as they will offer the most money to him and the club when he wants to leave.

I just can't see Man U buying him in 2-4 years time. We just don't have the money and we have too many players in that position.