Romelu Lukaku Staying Put!!

What's wrong with tall wingers?
Ronaldo's just under 190cm..
Bale is also 180cm's and is pretty sweet on the wing..

Lukaku isn't a winger, his main attributes are his strength and finishing.. thus making him a striker.

Lukaku is not a winger, his skill set is that of a centralized striker
The idea of him being a winger is laughable

Yes, but they're of a different build. And 180cm isn't much, it's the Norwegian average.

Still think he'd make a great winger.
Strength, Pace and Balance to get by the defenders then deliver a cross, cut back a pass or cut inside and take a shot.

Still think he'd make a great winger.
Strength, Pace and Balance to get by the defenders then deliver a cross, cut back a pass or cut inside and take a shot.

It's like putting Drogba on the wing. He might be decent enough as a stop-gap, but he won't have the acceleration, close control and trickery of an actual winger. Also, you'd want him in the centre recieving the crosses.

It's like putting Drogba on the wing. He might be decent enough as a stop-gap, but he won't have the acceleration, close control and trickery of an actual winger. Also, you'd want him in the centre recieving the crosses.

Atm it would be like putting Drogba on the wing. But Romelu is just over half the age of Drogba and can be trained to be used on the wing easily.

Atm it would be like putting Drogba on the wing. But Romelu is just over half the age of Drogba and can be trained to be used on the wing easily.

But there would be A) little to no point, considering he'd be so much better off as a striker and B) Nobody stupid enough to do it. It's honestly ridiculous. How many top-class wingers are six foot three and weigh 90 pounds?

Last edited:

Yes, but it's like training an elephant how to tap-dance. Not exactly utilising their best talents.

But there would A) Be little to no point, considering he'd be so much better off as a striker and B) Nobody stupid enough to do it. It's honestly ridiculous. How many top-class wingers are six foot three and weigh 90 pounds?

Just because someone's tall doesn't mean they can't be good on the wing.
And weight isn't really an issue since you can lose and gain weight quite easily.

Yes, but it's like training an elephant how to tap-dance. Not exactly utilising their best talents.

Don't need to teach the elephant how to tap dance. Maybe a twirl and a skip. But flair isn't a key part of being a winger.

But lets all agree to disagree.

Lets face it, Lukaku is never gonna be a winger.

hope he develops well
the smart decision really
he has his priorities right

and CJACKO was saying chelsea were favourites lol. Doubt he will move to madrid as I think he will stay for a few more seasons.

Stevie Defour needs out of Standard, he stuck there, and his career's passing him by. Lukaku will join R.Madrid in 2/3 years. S'all over.

Lukaku will prob never join real. As mentioned above, his father is a former football pro and knows that in real his talent will mean nothing and his development will reach a plateau because he will be more on the bench than on the field. I think Romelu is a great prospect because of his potential, his body and the fact he is surrounded by people who want the best for him an know how football is both on and off the pitch. Imo chelsea is favourite for his signature. Romelu adores Chelsea and Drogba. But to be fair I actually think Hazard has the most potential of the 2. Even Zidane himself said that Eden would become as good as he once was. Im confident my national team has a lot of players with a lot of potential, so i cant wait to see them play in a couple of years (H)
BTW: When Anderlecht wanted to sign Romelu from Lierse, his dad insisted that he would only agree to the transfer if Anderlecht also signed his brother Jordan. Jordans potential is a lot lower then that of his older brother, but he will still develop into a decent player i think.

Sincerely, a belgian Anderlecht fan with the inside scoop :p

Lukaku will prob never join real. As mentioned above, his father is a former football pro and knows that in real his talent will mean nothing and his development will reach a plateau because he will be more on the bench than on the field. I think Romelu is a great prospect because of his potential, his body and the fact he is surrounded by people who want the best for him an know how football is both on and off the pitch. Imo chelsea is favourite for his signature. Romelu adores Chelsea and Drogba. But to be fair I actually think Hazard has the most potential of the 2. Even Zidane himself said that Eden would become as good as he once was. Im confident my national team has a lot of players with a lot of potential, so i cant wait to see them play in a couple of years (H)
BTW: When Anderlecht wanted to sign Romelu from Lierse, his dad insisted that he would only agree to the transfer if Anderlecht also signed his brother Jordan. Jordans potential is a lot lower then that of his older brother, but he will still develop into a decent player i think.

Sincerely, a belgian Anderlecht fan with the inside scoop :p
That must make Jordon chap feel ******.