Ronaldo. Messi. Zlatan. Bale?

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
View attachment 315300

Gareth Bale has lit up the Premier League this season with a string of impressive displays for Spurs domestically and in Europe. The Welshman has scored a career-best 17 goals this season in 29 games from the left-wing of Tottenham's attack and with 8 goals in 6 games since the turn of the year, he has drawn comparison with some of the world's best players. But how good really is Gareth Bale? I'll take a look at the stats from this season to show why comparisons between Bale and Ronaldo, Messi and co are very much premature although not without foundation....

Read more HERE

What do we think then guys/girls?

P.S. Sorry, wasn't sure where to put it so took a guess. Please move to necessary location if need be. Thank you.

Ronaldo is the most complete footballer at the moment, one of the most complete ever, doesn't have an entire team backing him up, he plays as a winger and even so he scores an enormous amount of goals as opposed to Messi that basically plays as a striker and often gets the red carpet treatment, he didn't take forbidden hormone suplements to grow as opposed to the little midget, and his girlfriend is hotter.

Peace.

I was under the impression this thread was about how good Bale is, not who's better out of Ronaldo and Messi.....

I was under a similar impression Munroe..

Any feedback on the article/stats/Bale's potential to compete with the elite?

He's not up there with the best yet but hard to deny he's a brilliant player.
Given the ability to playl the game on his terms he's brilliant. Which is what he does at Spurs, they just let him play his game. Think he might find things a bit harder if he were to switch club and is force into a more supportive role which could happen.

Also nice to see slbenfica's nice unbiast opinion.

This thread should be just about Bale and how he has improved, you simply do not put Bale next to Messi for obvious reasons. No one is above Messi.

Bale is a good player, as is Ronaldo. But neither are on the same planet as Messi. He's the best thats ever played.

If i had a choice of which player i wanted for my team then it would be Ronaldo 100%. Messi has a set style which you have to play to which most teams couldn't replicate. Ronaldo on the other hand does what he does in any system.

Bale's good, nothing massively special at this point. In England, he'd probably be about the fourth or so player I'd like in my team.

There are a host of players who are having better seasons than Bale, but receive less hype. Dimitri Payet for one.

There are a host of players who are having better seasons than Bale, but receive less hype. Dimitri Payet for one.

This. There are other players playing better than Bale. Why are we not comparing them to the Messi and Ronaldo?

In my opinion, He isn't close to Messi or Ronaldo. This is the 1st season where he's consistently been the best player on the pitch in games and standing out. He had shown his potential in a couple of games last season but this season he is starting to show it more often.
But as Rio Ferdinand said, If you think Bale is anywhere close to Ronaldo or Messi, "you don't know football". When he gets a few seasons under his belt being consistently outstanding, then we can compare him to Ronaldo and Messi.

It's just regional hype. People who are genuinely comparing him to Messi are buying into it. I'd rather have Gotze or Reus ahead of Bale.

Now there you go, simple enough and clear.

If i had a choice of which player i wanted for my team then it would be Ronaldo 100%. Messi has a set style which you have to play to which most teams couldn't replicate. Ronaldo on the other hand does what he does in any system.

Now there you go, simple enough and clear.

This isnt quite true. After all Messi came to prominence as a lethal inside forward. Given that he is still doing a very good job for Argentina, he would still be lethal in any system

As for Bale, he has been at this level for less than half a season. There is no comparison with those 3, at all. In terms of the Premiership, he hasnt even been as consistent over the last couple of years as either Mata, RVP, Rooney or even Suarez. so how can he compared with Ronaldo, Messi or Zlatan.

Then why quoting me and not Jacko? XD

As for the rest, I obviously agree. Goodnight peeps.

This isnt quite true. After all Messi came to prominence as a lethal inside forward. Given that he is still doing a very good job for Argentina, he would still be lethal in any system

As for Bale, he has been at this level for less than half a season. There is no comparison with those 3, at all. In terms of the Premiership, he hasnt even been as consistent over the last couple of years as either Mata, RVP, Rooney or even Suarez. so how can he compared with Ronaldo, Messi or Zlatan.

Argentina have tried to hard over the years to try and emulate the Barca model to help Messi. They panicked when Veron retired and its the reason why they like Gago and Benega i.e decent passing players. Could Messi do what he does in a side who don't play "his" way, i have my doubts.

That doesn't make him poor by any means lol, he is still un-real and the best in this system by far. But for me Ronaldo is the best for any system.

Hyped because he is British, just as Rooney was a few seasons back (when he was in form and scoring regularly, and hyped as the World's third best player). Bale wouldn't even come close to my top 10 players in the World right now, but he's certainly improving and still young enough to develop further.

Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Rooney, Toure, Mata, Vidal, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Reus, Gotze, Lewandowski, Suarez, Kompany, Neuer, Lahm, Busquets, Alonso, Marchesio, Fabregas, Neymar etc are all more proven and consistent at this stage