Rooney accepts charge but not ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 7K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney accepts a Football Association charge for using offensive language but will contest the automatic two-match ban.

More...

I had a feeling this would be the option Wayne and the club would opt for although I think it could prove to be a risky one. The FA won't admit they are wrong and will simply add another game to the ban meaning United will be without Rooney for three games.

In a perfect would though, they will just scrap the ban and settle with the fine.

not surprising tbh. Deserved to be punished but 2 match ban is very harsh

Got a feeling it will be rescinded, due to the fact the PFA Chief said he questioned the decision and didn't agree with it.

Ban is harsh IMO, but I don't see it being overturned tbh.

Any chance of a 4 match ban? Or maybe a 3 match ban starting from the game after next? (So he misses Arsenal trip)

I have a felling that he will be fined and ban will be rescinded.

Any chance of a 4 match ban? Or maybe a 3 match ban starting from the game after next? (So he misses Arsenal trip)

No chance but you can hope ;)

Agree with DMF about the PFA chief questioning it. IMO I think it will be reduced to a one match ban.

Rooney at the FA heairng
FA : we are giving you a 2 mach ban
Rooney : **** What ****
FA : Calm down rooney you not on a football pitch!
Rooney : OK I apologize

I had a feeling this would be the option Wayne and the club would opt for although I think it could prove to be a risky one. The FA won't admit they are wrong and will simply add another game to the ban meaning United will be without Rooney for three games.

In a perfect would though, they will just scrap the ban and settle with the fine.
It's probably worth the risk.
If they deem it frivolous then he'll be banned for the Newcastle game but if win the appeal then he'd probably start both legs against Chelsea and the semi final vs city. 3 games in 10 days, he would probably be rested against newcastle anyway. No disrespect to Newcastle but he'd be knackered.

dude it wont effect the euro games only fulham (H) and man city (wembley)

Rooney at the FA heairng

That was so funny I forgot to laugh :S

People need to get real here. Ok then fine him how the **** is that going to effect him and will he learn from that?? Ok say they just fine him somthing like 10k, he proberly keeps that in his glove compartment in his car. Will he learn from just a fine no of corse we wont, he needs a ban but only a 1 game ban in my opinion.

People need to get real here. Ok then fine him how the **** is that going to effect him and will he learn from that?? Ok say they just fine him somthing like 10k, he proberly keeps that in his glove compartment in his car. Will he learn from just a fine no of corse we wont, he needs a ban but only a 1 game ban in my opinion.

im real well as least i think i am........it just pathetic!

So banning him for 2 games will stop him from using F word? **** no.
2 games ban is very harsh and just pathetic. Even a single game ban is. Fine would do..

Rooney at the FA heairng

least funniest thing I have seen on FM base ever amazingly ****

I admire your optimism, Joss. :)

people have got real and have come to the same conclusion as many others that a ban is totally unjust and therefore should be scrapped.

They could give him a suspended ban? Comes into play if he does something similar again.

Last edited:
oh i sorry to disappoint you!!! with your such high standard.

Back